Anthony A Shore, Death Row, & JonBenet?

Phone issues the night of the party?

I can't recall the exact issue, but I'm sure it was mentioned in several accounts that something strange happened with the phone - either a peculiar call or not working temporarily? I'll check some references.

There are plenty of bad people out there that were close to Boulder. However, no matter how intriguing this guy may sound, it does nothing to explain the years of lying and lack of interest in helping find the killer by the family. Their behaviour alone tells me that the killer is among them.

There is no proof that they lied or were lacking in interest. On the other hand, the BPD cleared them completely based on factual evidence, and the Ramseys' life was pretty much destroyed.

I can't recall the exact issue, but I'm sure it was mentioned in several accounts that something strange happened with the phone - either a peculiar call or not working temporarily? I'll check some references.

Looked it up. 911 call was made from the house during the party. AAS was known to tap into phone lines. Not sure why he would have done this but it is phone related.

Anthony Allen Shore

This man is currently on death row in Houston, Texas. I was stunned to learn of his MO and its similarity to the JonBenet Ramsey murder. His targets were young females, and children, including a 9 year old girl. He employed garrotes and sticks to commit the murders. Some were abductions. Some were home invasions. He was convicted in 1997-8 for the sexual molestation of his own children, at which time his DNA was entered into CODIS. It wasn't until 2003 that a codis match identified him with an unsolved murder; later leading to a confesssion of additional murders and a death sentence in 2004.

While his KNOWN murders were commited in the Houston Area, some investigators feel there are more. He was apparently a high IQ psychopath who was perfectly capable of planning, stalking and executing his killings. If, as some believe, the ransom note is a ruse, its purpose, perhaps, was to allow the killer ample time to leave the area. It's about 15 hours from Houston to Boulder.

Interestingly, Shore worked many years for Southern Bell Telephone Company -- i.e., SBTC

My question for you experienced sleuthers are:

1. What is the current state of DNA matching in the JonBenet case? His dna wasn't entered into CODIS until 1998, and the victim match wasn't until 2003.

2. Has this man ever been identified and/or eliminated as a possible suspect?

3. Do we specifically know if JonBenet appeared in any pageants or publicity in the Houston area shortly before her death?

4. How common is this particular comination: children murdered by a pedophile stranger, home invastion, with the specific mo of garrote, molestation and physical violence?

I'm including a few snippets of information about this man and links to two sites with some information about him. Thanks for any insight you could provide.

"Several jurors appeared horrified, with their hands covering their faces, when listening to testimony from one woman who said Shore broke into her family's home in 1993 when she was 14, tied her up and raped her..."He said in a calm voice, 'I'm just here to rob your house,' " said the woman, now 25. Shore then covered her eyes and mouth with duct tape and bound her hands behind her back, she said....'I had to do something'."He used a knife to cut off my panties," the woman said. "As I was screaming, he got upset and told me I was being too loud." ..Then she felt hands around her throat. "I kind of came out of my stupor and realized I had to do something. If I don't do something, I'm going to die," she said...She was able to kick him away, but he threatened her before leaving the house..."He said he knows everything about me. He'd been watching me come home from school. He knew that I played soccer,"

"Shore, 42, strangled three of the female victims with cord or rope as he sexually assaulted them."

"Shore has admitted killing Laurie Lee Tremblay, 15, who was found dead in September 1986; Dana Sanchez, 16, found dead in July 1995; and Diana
Rebollar, 9, found dead in April 1994. All 4 were strangled, and 3 were sexually assaulted, prosecutors said."

"The state of Texas will execute an admitted serial killer. A jury in Houston has convicted and sentenced Anthony Shore for strangling a 21-year-old Houston woman 12 years ago...Shore admits to killing Maria del Carmen Estrada as well as two teenagers and a 9-year-old girl between 1986 and 1995. All of his victims were strangled and assaulted. .."A monster, absolute horrendous monster, capable of things that made this jury cringe as we showed them this week," Terese Buess, prosecutor, said...Shore will not be tried for the other three murders because he received the death penalty for the murder of Estrada. . . . . . ."

Links:

http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkiller_news/SHORE_anthony_allen.php

http://www.houstonpress.com/issues/2004-07-29/news/feature_1.html

"Interestingly, Shore worked many years for Southern Bell Telephone Company -- i.e., SBTC"

Not to be a wet blanket, because this thread is compelling and fascinating. But AAS worked for Southwestern Bell, not Southern Bell. Same parent company, but a separate company from SBTC.

Was Shore talkative when it came to discussing his crimes? If so, there's little chance he wouldn't have taken credit for such a high-profile killing. Were his other killings in high-risk situations or was there meticulous planning? Christmas night is a rather risky night to attempt a killing/kidnapping in the home of a family. It is a time of year where extra family members are usually around or families leave their houses altogether.

Was Shore talkative when it came to discussing his crimes? If so, there's little chance he wouldn't have taken credit for such a high-profile killing. Were his other killings in high-risk situations or was there meticulous planning? Christmas night is a rather risky night to attempt a killing/kidnapping in the home of a family. It is a time of year where extra family members are usually around or families leave their houses altogether.

Good points. He did call in about at least one of his murders. On the other hand, he never admitted to others. If he was our perp, Jon Benet would have been his dream victim, and I believe he would have planned it meticulously. He suggested to one rape victim that he had watched her and knew everything about her and her family. This was a victim that lived to tell about it. High IQ offender.

Snip from testimony of young victim who lived to tell about it at trial:

"He said in a calm voice, 'I'm just here to rob your house,' " said the woman, now 25. Shore then covered her eyes and mouth with duct tape and bound her hands behind her back, she said.'I had to do something'."He used a knife to cut off my panties," the woman said. "As I was screaming, he got upset and told me I was being too loud."

Then she felt hands around her throat. "I kind of came out of my stupor and realized I had to do something. If I don't do something, I'm going to die," she said.

She was able to kick him away, but he threatened her before leaving the house."He said he knows everything about me. He'd been watching me come home from school. He knew that I played soccer," she said.

"Interestingly, Shore worked many years for Southern Bell Telephone Company -- i.e., SBTC"

Not to be a wet blanket, because this thread is compelling and fascinating. But AAS worked for Southwestern Bell, not Southern Bell. Same parent company, but a separate company from SBTC.

Wonder about the Wikipedia article on Bell: . . ."which was renamed Southwestern Bell Telephone Company." He apparently worked for the company as a lineman and repairman for 17 years. Haven't discovered yet what his status was during the JBR crime.

There is no proof that they lied or were lacking in interest.

Oh, no? Where would you like to start?

On the other hand, the BPD cleared them completely based on factual evidence, and the Ramseys' life was pretty much destroyed.

The Boulder DA "cleared" them, and it wasn't due to facts. I can tell you that right now.

Yes Siree, where do you begin, i.e. its gotta be PDI, why well JR is alive, yuppee lets do a citizens arrest, whut a guy suspected of murdering his own daughter cannot be arrested, really, oh yeah for sure.

But, wait for it. JonBenet's brother can sue for saying he did it , wow , is that not like a multiverse issue, e.g. Werner Spitz claims BR Did It?

So for the record does PDI mean Patsy Did It All? Or does it suggest Patsy staged it to remove JR or BR from the basement evidence?

Yes Siree, where do you begin, i.e. its gotta be PDI, why well JR is alive, yuppee lets do a citizens arrest, whut a guy suspected of murdering his own daughter cannot be arrested, really, oh yeah for sure.

But, wait for it. JonBenet's brother can sue for saying he did it , wow , is that not like a multiverse issue, e.g. Werner Spitz claims BR Did It?

Much as I appreciate your contributions, UKGuy, that's not what I meant.

So for the record does PDI mean Patsy Did It All? Or does it suggest Patsy staged it to remove JR or BR from the basement evidence?

I know for some people it means she did it all. I'm not one of them.

Much as I appreciate your contributions, UKGuy, that's not what I meant.

I know for some people it means she did it all. I'm not one of them.

I tend to agree with you. There is enough evidence to show all three residents were colluding, but I've not seen enough to pin it on any one person.

There is forensic evidence from Patsy all over the basement, but no smoking gun.

Did all of you hear the deathbed vid confession of one of the multiple participants present when she died? He sounded very credible and had an extremely prominent position in Boulder. Of course he knew John Ramsey very well.

Is his death bed confession online? Is a link available. I've felt more than family was there. One in a prominent position, to be sure.

Came across this thread and agree that the MO of Anthony Allen Shore would make him a viable suspect in the murder of JonBenet Ramsey.

He was executed in January of this year.

I'm unclear if he has been definitively ruled out by his DNA not matching in CODIS?

Here is a documentary on Shore. Unfortunately quality not great but there are some close-ups of the "makeshift tourniquets" he used on his victims.

Very obliging of Patsy to write the ransom note for him.

Please don't give us the old wheeze that "she scored 4 out of a possible 5" on the side of elimination. Lin Wood himself called the 5 scale a "non-agreed upon scale." It was used by Rile/Ryle and Cunningham in a presentation they gave to LE on behalf of the Ramseys. They were not using the same handwriting scale used in the experts' reports and they were only speaking for themselves.

In Forensics under Fire the author tells us that Rile, who placed Patsy closest to elimination, felt he was taken apart by Kane during the grand jury. Rile wanted a do-over. FuF is very pro-Ramsey so we can accept the author's characterization of Rile's state of mind.

Very obliging of Patsy to write the ransom note for him.

Please don't give us the old wheeze that "she scored 4 out of a possible 5" on the side of elimination. Lin Wood himself called the 5 scale a "not agreed-upon scale." It was used by Rile/Ryle and Cunningham in a presentation they gave to LE on behalf of the Ramseys. They were not using the same handwriting scale used in the experts' reports and they were only speaking for themselves.

In Forensics under Fire the author tells us that Rile, who placed Patsy closest to elimination, felt he was taken apart by Kane during the grand jury. Rile wanted a do-over. FuF is very pro-Ramsey so we can accept the author's characterization of Rile's state of mind.

From Forensics under Fire:

"In March 1999 the criminal investigator and the three document examiners [Rile, Cunningham, and one other (Ramsey) expert] appeared before the grand jury. Kane cross-examined these well-intentioned and highly qualified men as though they were enemy defense witnesses at a criminal trial. The last thing Kane needed were four credible witnesses tearing down a case that was already weak, and he took out his frustration on them. Howard Rile, the former Colorado Bureau of Investigation document examiner, was stunned and shaken by the viciousness of Kane's attack. He would later describe his grand jury appearance as a nightmare. After he had recovered from Kane's unprecedented assault, Rile asked for a second chance before the panel. Kane denied his request."

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-18_9-39-26.png
    upload_2018-12-18_9-39-26.png
    68.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Came across this thread and agree that the MO of Anthony Allen Shore would make him a viable suspect in the murder of JonBenet Ramsey.

I'm unclear if he has been definitively ruled out by his DNA not matching in CODIS?

Here is a documentary on Shore. Unfortunately quality not great but there are some close-ups of the "makeshift tourniquets" he used on his victims.

(ME dna) @ 0:44 "Investigators recover semen from the young woman's mouth,
scrapings from under her fingernails"

(DR dna) @ 5:50 "King orders forensic tests on the R case but there is no useful evidence. Semen from the Estrada case,
on the other hand, provides a limited dna profile."

[(DS dna , none) @ 10:04 "They all have long hair,
which we considered a factor for control"]

ME fingernails @ 14:06 "Long identifies an unknown male dna profile from underneath the victim's fingernails, most likely skin from Maria's attacker.
... Long sends the profile through CODIS. ...
CODIS has a hit ... Tony Shore."

Wiki

Anthony Allen Shore - Wikipedia

"The results were not matched until 2003,
which led to Shore's arrest for Estrada's murder."

I'm unclear if he has been definitively ruled out by his DNA not matching in CODIS? - PV

Both profiles are in CODIS?

Last edited:

Doesn’t seem that similar to me. IMO he would have brutally raped JBR like he did the others. And not wrap her in a blanket with her favorite nightgown etc etc.

I just watched the Evil Lives Here episode about Shore and Jon Benet’s case immediately came to mind. I imagine if it was him he would have confessed though.

I do wonder if the the tourniquet idea came from hearing / reading about Shore’s crimes in the news.

Last edited:
Doesn’t seem that similar to me. IMO he would have brutally raped JBR like he did the others. And not wrap her in a blanket with her favorite nightgown etc etc.
I haven't been back to this forum in quite a while, especially since A. Shore was executed.

If I recall correctly, though, he had sexually abused his own children, but not physically brutally.

The few available samples of his handwriting at a glance resembled the writing on the Ramsey letter. But we'll never know, I guess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back