Anthony's in Denial? Why Stand by Casey? POLL ADDED Part#2

What Do You Think Are The Reason(s) The Anthony's Are Standing Beside Casey...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean that I don't think they are genuinely grieving. I think they are grieving. But from George's interview, he knew from the day he picked up the car. And Cindy saying "we've lost her" combined with Cindy's words about the dead body smell in the car leads me to believe she also knew.

1.) Casey's car did not need to be placed into the garage to keep her from taking it. George stated that one other time he had disabled the car to keep her from taking it. Plus he stated in the FBI interview that the smell was going into the house. Why would you not move that car outdoors if it reeked so badly?

2.) If LE told Cindy they didn't need the clothes after they got a wiff of the car in the garage, then they screwed up bigtime.
IIRC, she washed the clothes before LE arrived because they stunk. She was offering the clothes after the fact which made little sense to take then. (So much of this was discussed on earlier threads, but I think I got it right.) She also made a stink about them not taking the receipts when SHE wanted them to as well.

I agree, while I don't think KC is protecting anyone but herself with her silence, I think she has some sort of hold over the family. I think it might be something completely unrelated to Caylee's death, but shameful nonetheless, something that would threaten the artifice of normalcy that the As have tried to maintain.

Suppose KC was raped and either didn't tell her parents initially, or only told them after she found out she was pregnant from that trauma. And suppose KC wanted an abortion or to adopt out the child. Then suppose that CA (or both CA/GA) refused to allow either as a solution because the child was "half their blood" and CA (especially) cottoned to the idea of having a baby in the house again. It would explain KC having perhaps very ambivalent feelings about Caylee, and would explain too a lot of CA/GA behavior -- this may be the "secret" they all want to hide.

I believe LE screwed up big time in several areas of this investigation, to tell you the truth.When Lee bropught Casey's "stuff" back from TL's and they dumped the contents of a bag out right in front of LE, asked the officer if she wanted to go through the things, then proceeded to sort through and actually retrieve $$ from a wallet, the police said nothing, did nothing.

The actual interviews of Casey were amateurish and completely nonproductive, in terms of anything relevant to Caylee. Then they compunded their error by charging her with "child neglect" and "economic crimes", assuring that she would "lawyer up", thereby preventing further interrogation without a lawyer's permission and presence. Sloppy police work.

None of that excuses Casey's lies and defiant refusal to supply accurate information.

The biggest mistake was Cindy's, who should have beaten the **** out of her mercilessly until she told where to find the baby. If she were mine, she'd have been stomped into a bloody pulp before the police were even called.
Well, whatever anyone's opinion is of the interviews, they got the most important information on tape to date...Casey lied to LE about Caylee's whereabouts. She admitted NOTHING she told them was helping in finding HER child. IMPO, that is very damning. It surely does not shed a favorable light on a mother who is trying to find her missing daughter. In fact, IMO it implicates that same mother in her disappearance. I suppose it was a judgement call on LE's part at that point. In Cindy's own words she says they arrested her too soon- that she would have been able to get Casey to talk given more time. Knowing what we do now, I'm sure many would agree that would never have happened.

I don't ever recall thinking they were in denial. In my opinion, they knew and have been covering all this time...my only question has been covering exactly what and for whom?
I'm shocked, we actually agree on something? lol. I feel the same way you do. Covering up, but not quite sure for whom. their daugher or themselves?

George even admits, when he's talking about KC not graduating, that when they went to discuss the situation with the school, it came out that there had been problems since the Junior level. She's been "snowing" them for a long time - I do not believe for a second that this started happening a few months ago. She's certainly been lying to and stealing from them since High School! (It's quite clear that she had not informed them of her missing 1/2 credit until 3-4 days before the graduation ceremony itself. I have my doubts in fact that she informed them at all. It sounds like the school did!)

MOO

ETA - Just consider how the whole JG paternity issue is discussed as though it were nothing. She basically tried to tell someone he was the father of her child, with all of its implications, until she was proven wrong. Her parents don't seem to be in the least embarassed by this event. As if it were nothing! She tried to "dupe" someone in a manner that could have had (and now has had) an incredible impact on his life! They don't even express a minimum of humility over this...They overlook it completely as an indicator of her lying and deceitful behavior!

MOO

I totally agree with the JG issue. Nothing they or KC has done seems to bother them, but everything everyone else does has suspicions according to them.

Suppose KC was raped and either didn't tell her parents initially, or only told them after she found out she was pregnant from that trauma. And suppose KC wanted an abortion or to adopt out the child. Then suppose that CA (or both CA/GA) refused to allow either as a solution because the child was "half their blood" and CA (especially) cottoned to the idea of having a baby in the house again. It would explain KC having perhaps very ambivalent feelings about Caylee, and would explain too a lot of CA/GA behavior -- this may be the "secret" they all want to hide.
IMO, Casey was WAY too active sexually. I know, that doesn't discount rape. But, even in GA's recent interview it sounded as if there was still a question as to who the father actually was when Casey finally admitted to being pregnant. In my mind, the 1200 photos that LE uncovered may be the biggest secret yet.

I believe LE screwed up big time in several areas of this investigation, to tell you the truth.When Lee bropught Casey's "stuff" back from TL's and they dumped the contents of a bag out right in front of LE, asked the officer if she wanted to go through the things, then proceeded to sort through and actually retrieve $$ from a wallet, the police said nothing, did nothing.

The actual interviews of Casey were amateurish and completely nonproductive, in terms of anything relevant to Caylee. Then they compunded their error by charging her with "child neglect" and "economic crimes", assuring that she would "lawyer up", thereby preventing further interrogation without a lawyer's permission and presence. Sloppy police work.

None of that excuses Casey's lies and defiant refusal to supply accurate information.

The biggest mistake was Cindy's, who should have beaten the **** out of her mercilessly until she told where to find the baby. If she were mine, she'd have been stomped into a bloody pulp before the police were even called.
I am so pro-LE that I have a really hard time admitting any fault on their part but I have to admit that I agree with you that certain things were done pre-maturely. They could have held out a day or two - at the very least, to be able to follow her/track her. But you know, that is very easy to say after the fact. I think that they were shocked by her brazen-faced lies and lack of co-operation that their hairs probably stood on end. They realized that she was "not quite right" immediately. Unfortunately, they just didn't realize that the whole friggin family was "not quite right" as well!

Re. The officer that was left in charge when LA came back with the bag...She screwed up royally and I highly doubt that she still has a job with LE. If she does, I bet she's filing papers in a back office.

MOO

The family enabled Casey to act out with out consequence for her actions for sometime. I don't believe they are actually in denial, their actions are more co-dependent. If they don't slow down all the drama they could be co-defendents.

It is interesting that you have mentioned this. I had these same thought initially as well. I don't believe for a second Casey doesn't know the father of her child, nor do I believe that he is dead. I think this particular avenue is crucial in gaining more insight into how KC felt about Caylee and her role as a mother.

Hi! First time poster but long time lurker.... You guys are wonderful! THIS SICKENS ME but when I think of this in terms of Casey babysitting my daughter, missing for 31 days, picturing myself crying and pleading on TV, and finding Casey and learning about the "ZG kidnapping," I truly believe I would be in denial until a body were found. If I accepted the information presented then I would be accepting I would never see my daughter again.

However, I am not defending the A's as i truly believe they are covering up evidence!

I vote the A's are in denial.

It is interesting that you have mentioned this. I had these same thought initially as well. I don't believe for a second Casey doesn't know the father of her child, nor do I believe that he is dead. I think this particular avenue is crucial in gaining more insight into how KC felt about Caylee and her role as a mother.

Me too. Lately, I've started to think that Caylee's father could be a "friend" of the family...A friend of GA's perhaps? Maybe I'm off base but even if she didn't know EXACTLY who it could have been, certainly she could have (in her own mind) narrowed it down to 2-3?

MOO

I don't think either one of them is in denial. I think Cindy has literally lost her mind. She has had a mental break somewhere along the way and she is officially C*R**advertiser censored*Z*Y. I think George knows full well what the score is but because of his wifes mental illness he can't bring himself to do anything more *publically* than support her and pretend he believes Caylee is alive. She's dead, he knows it and he knows his daughter killed her. You can see that in his interviews with LE. He may not come right out and say it, but the implication is there nonetheless. I think he has been as honest as he knows how to be with LE.

Wow, then why in the h*ll did they allow JG to think he was the father????? If that's the case, and I don't believe it to be, then this family is even more screwed up than I though. And I think they are REALLY screwed up.

I don't think either one of them is in denial. I think Cindy has literally lost her mind. She has had a mental break somewhere along the way and she is officially C*R**advertiser censored*Z*Y. I think George knows full well what the score is but because of his wifes mental illness he can't bring himself to do anything more *publically* than support her and pretend he believes Caylee is alive. She's dead, he knows it and he knows his daughter killed her. You can see that in his interviews with LE. He may not come right out and say it, but the implication is there nonetheless. I think he has been as honest as he knows how to be with LE.

The best thing that could probably happen at this point is for the State to step in and commit Cindy to a mental health facility for treatment. And yes, it would be an involuntary commitment, but "it is what it is"!!

That would then let George get off Cindy's "crazy train", and he'd more than likely come around and be able to accept the reality and the TRUTH about the fact that Caylee is dead.

Wow, then why in the h*ll did they allow JG to think he was the father????? If that's the case, and I don't believe it to be, then this family is even more screwed up than I though. And I think they are REALLY screwed up.
If you listen to the interview GA states that JG showed him a paper with dna results showing that he was not Caylee's father.
That sounds to me like that KC was the source of the lie. She convinced them that JG was Caylee's father, and she also convinced him for awhile and his family. That is such a cruel thing to do! I think it's so sad when anyone gets attached to a child and then finds out "guess, what only kidding!" People invest their emotions in their children.:furious:

I think they have lived in a state of denial long before Caylee went missing! Look at the way they talk...using the word mis-truth instead of just calling it a lie. Who needs a euphimism in their household for lying. Stealing and partying, according to Cindy, just 22 yr old stuff! EVERYTHING was nothing and now it's way too much of something and they just don't know how to play for real. OH NO...Did I just to Anthony speak?

I find what I'm about to post to be the most distasteful words anyone on this board has ever uttered, but I'm going there anyway.

We know that prosecutors are asking for a gag order. While it's simply speculation, Judge Napolitano has stated he believes something is going to be released that is so highly inflammatory against Casey that prosecutors don't want the information released till trial. You can see the video here:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/M....jsp?contentId=7832624&version=1&locale=EN-US

Again, I realize he is speculating, but I believe his speculation is based on experience and I imagine he knows a bit more than most people.

What could be so inflammatory that prosecutors wouldn't want it out there? Well, we know that LP has stated that Lee is Caylee's father. We also know that afterward, Lee has run behind the scenes and no one knows what's up with him anymore. Now, I'm not saying that this is what's going on, but, I am really starting to wonder if there isn't some truth to all this?

Don't forget CA's response, when questioned at the Bond Hearing as to why she believed that daughter hadn't done anything to her grand-daughter...Because "there is no evidence"!

Just getting back here and reading your response, PinkPanther.

I remember very well what Cindy said at the bond hearing. Her eyes bore a hole through Casey when she said that! Which, of course, to ME means she DID find evidence and did something with it. I guess we will never know what all Cindy really did find and wash or even throw away!

Me too. Lately, I've started to think that Caylee's father could be a "friend" of the family...A friend of GA's perhaps? Maybe I'm off base but even if she didn't know EXACTLY who it could have been, certainly she could have (in her own mind) narrowed it down to 2-3?

MOO
Lee ALSO claimed to know who the father is. I believe Caylee is something she can hold over everyone's head and in her spite to get rid of something her parents loved so dearly, she lost the only bargaining chip she had - at least with most people.(Cindy not included in that.)

I find what I'm about to post to be the most distasteful words anyone on this board has ever uttered, but I'm going there anyway.

We know that prosecutors are asking for a gag order. While it's simply speculation, Judge Napolitano has stated he believes something is going to be released that is so highly inflammatory against Casey that prosecutors don't want the information released till trial. You can see the video here:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/M....jsp?contentId=7832624&version=1&locale=EN-US

Again, I realize he is speculating, but I believe his speculation is based on experience and I imagine he knows a bit more than most people.

What could be so inflammatory that prosecutors wouldn't want it out there? Well, we know that LP has stated that Lee is Caylee's father. We also know that afterward, Lee has run behind the scenes and no one knows what's up with him anymore. Now, I'm not saying that this is what's going on, but, I am really starting to wonder if there isn't some truth to all this?

Just curious here... hasn't OSCO been able to block certain things from being released? It seems so, as several interviews are still under lock and key, Sunshine Law notwithstanding. Aren't they able to green light or red light any release? So why would they be worried? Unless it's so explosive, as the Judge says, they can't take a chance of it being leaked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member