Anyone wondering whether the Cecil Hotel planned on these deaths?

ellethesleuth

Reaction score
There have been so many deaths at the Cecil Hotel, including 2 murders, 7 suicides and 11 "deaths", from 1927 to 2015. I wonder if there are workers there meaning to keep the killing spree alive. This could be linked to something spiritual, or even a belief in creeping people out with the paranormal beliefs and reputation the hotel has.

There have been so many deaths at the Cecil Hotel, including 2 murders, 7 suicides and 11 "deaths", from 1927 to 2015. I wonder if there are workers there meaning to keep the killing spree alive. This could be linked to something spiritual, or even a belief in creeping people out with the paranormal beliefs and reputation the hotel has.

I think the happenings there are more likely because of the type/lifestyle and quantity of guests it has had over the years.

I think the happenings there are more likely because of the type/lifestyle and quantity of guests it has had over the years.
Also, I feel as though a lot of people go there to feel in the presence of the dead. Maybe the thought of some paranormal activity eases the mentally disturbed. I was watching the Elisa Lam elevator footage and it seems she is talking to someone, though no one is there.

Also, I feel as though a lot of people go there to feel in the presence of the dead. Maybe the thought of some paranormal activity eases the mentally disturbed. I was watching the Elisa Lam elevator footage and it seems she is talking to someone, though no one is there.

Ugh, that footage gave me nightmares. Very, very disturbing.

During the Covid outbreak Los Angeles housed homeless in area hotels and nearly 50 died. So I don't think the Cecil has a killing spree going on, sadly I believe it's more the health of the clientele.
Project Roomkey Records 49 Deaths At LA Hotels
Honestly you made a very valid point. I feel as if these people go there because they feel they can escape from their issues, and that if they do commit suicide there, it won't matter because of the past the hotel has. Especially the murders there, I feel they are comfortable with going there to murder, as they can easily cover it up as a suicide or accident. This hotel needs to be shut down, and if they don't, they should really take care of the health of the clientele and offer support systems.

No, I don't think the hotel workers are keeping any sort of killing spree alive or are killing any of the guests for "spiritual reasons". I think the Cecil by nature attracts a shadier crowd and this crowd is more likely to be involved in drug/alcohol abuse, organized crime, petty crime, illegal sex work, and otherwise involved in circumstances that make them more likely to run into something that will harm them.

Those numbers aren’t “spree” numbers.

Hospitality/travel entities - hotels, airlines, cruises, amusement parks, etc - have protocols for deceased guests, so they’re always “planning” for deaths in that sense.

JMO.

“Neal Smither, owner of the San Francisco–based company Crime Scene Cleaners, says that hotel and motel chains are his company’s biggest clients…”
The Ripple Effect of Death in a Hotel

Suicide in hotels: Hotel room suicide - PubMed

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member