APM's In The Dark Podcast Series

You don't think people in the area was enough? Even if LE had never named him as a POI, there would always be rumors about the single man in his 30's who was alone at the end of the driveway where Jacob was taken from. Anyone who has lived in a small town can attest to nature of the rumor mill, especially when there's nobody else to pin the blame on.
True..neighbors and locals gossiping and pointing fingers😔
I can't imagine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Hiw about the rumors about Patty and Jerry that started day 1 and never ended?
I think the two can't really be compared.
Sure parents are suspected all of the time. Eventually, they were cleared and their work in missing children's projects went on to vindicate them further.
Dan on the other hand..
He was never cleared and in fact YEARS after this horrid act was named a POI.
Not the same..JMO

I think the two can't really be compared.
Sure parents are suspected all of the time. Eventually, they were cleared and their work in missing children's projects went on to vindicate them further.
Dan on the other hand..
He was never cleared and in fact YEARS after this horrid act was named a POI.
Not the same..JMO

You are right. The two cannot be compared. While your child is missing, you ard accused of being the perp and stuff is made up about you. I wonder if Jerry lost business because of it.

They may ha e been cleared of involvement by LE, but the innuendoes went on until recently, Even on WS until recently they were looked at by posters. I do not even want to say why because it isso cruel.

When the tips come out, it will be seen that stuff was sent in about them even recently.

To compare DR to the parents who have a missing child is strange

You are right. The two cannot be compared. While your child is missing, you ard accused of being the perp and stuff is made up about you. I wonder if Jerry lost business because of it.

They may ha e been cleared of involvement by LE, but the innuendoes went on until recently, Even on WS until recently they were looked at by posters. I do not even want to say why because it isso cruel.

When the tips come out, it will be seen that stuff was sent in about them even recently.

To compare DR to the parents who have a missing child is strange

I see what you are saying..I'm not trying to say or imply " One suffered more than the other " I just look at the TOTALITY of DR's situation, and don't blame him one bit for being so pissed.

One of the bizarre things about this case is I think it would have been relatively easy for Trevor or Aaron to identify Rassier as the abductor, especially Trevor who lived down the street. And I'm sure *everyone* knew Dan and his parents and his farm due to that being the only thing on that side of the road until the residential area of Dale St.

You would think it may have been relatively easy for them to RULE HIM OUT as the abductor, even in 2010. The boys may have been able to do that based on his voice alone, in addition to his tall and slender profile. On the flip side, had they been given the opportunity to see DH in a lineup and/or hear his voice it could have bolstered the case against him in late 89/early 90.

You would think it may have been relatively easy for them to RULE HIM OUT as the abductor, even in 2010. The boys may have been able to do that based on his voice alone, in addition to his tall and slender profile. On the flip side, had they been given the opportunity to see DH in a lineup and/or hear his voice it could have bolstered the case against him in late 89/early 90.

They were not shown DH?

It's all so easy to say now, unless heinrich confessed it didn't matter if you had his house bugged fir 26 years. Every avenue and alleyway in this case was explored per request and it got too deep. This was a very high pressure and complicated case for most anyone to pursue. We won out due to miraculous circumstance in the end.

B
It's all so easy to say now, unless heinrich confessed it didn't matter if you had his house bugged fir 26 years. Every avenue and alleyway in this case was explored per request and it got too deep. This was a very high pressure and complicated case for most anyone to pursue. We won out due to miraculous circumstance in the end.

Heinrich should've been hot off the grill and we'll done immediately after Wetterlings' abduction, if not before. You take just the evidence in the driveway...the shoe prints, the shoe size, the depth of the shoe tread, the tire track patterns, the width of the tires, the depth of the tire tread, the stance of the tire tracks (distance between tires), a blue car an eyewitness sees at the scene, a suspect the Paynesville police said should be considered suspect, the same suspect another brave young man picked out of a lineup, who just so happens to match the physical description given to them by 3 victims in 2 abductions.
Your stance on the police did everything they could and couldn't do anymore without a confession, couldn't be any more ludicrous than John Sanner standing at a podium patting himself on the back telling the entire country how good of a job they did. If I should ever go missing, I'd rather have Scooby Doo and his crew out looking for me than Sheriff Ego and his crew of misguided, under-educated, and excuse filled cohorts @ the Stearns County Sheriff's Office.
The reason this case was solved was because Shane Ball listened to the community and tips received...whether or not they fit the theory the SCSO wanted portrayed. So 2 people who cared....Special Agent Shane Ball, and one tipster who may or may not be an amateur, semi-famous, just getting his toes wet, websleuther. Period.... End of the story.... SCSO did nothing but extend the suffering of the victims and their families. And while they were at it, why not throw a respected member of the community, and well liked school band teacher with no history of any complaints of any kind against him, under the slow and steady, backwards turning, wheels of SCSO justice just for good measure!
....Now with all do sincere respect...stop lying to yourself trying to convince yourself of such a ridiculous theory as they did all they can....please!

The DNA from Jared's horrendous nightmare is what allowed DH to get sentenced. It was the child *advertiser censored* charges.

There was something to bust him on

With all that evidence I listed in my last post, how much more does law enforcement need to put them beyond a reasonable doubt? Or according to another murder trial in Stearns County, the prosecutor used the term "Based on the preponderance of evidence"..... Not sure when that became the standard over "Beyond a reasonable doubt".
The Wetterling's also don't believe LE did everything they could...which is why they also contacted the FBI to request their involvement

Just heard the last podcast. This story started out with the admittedly naive hope of finding Jacob. When I discovered he had in fact been murdered I sensed disgust. After hearing those podcasts, the story is now thoroughly disgusting. The Big Valley. The Sanner interviews. The well constructed confession (written by a lawyer it seemed to me) that any 9 year-old could tell deliberately omitted details that would make Heinrich look worse to the judge and the Courts. Satisfies the plea agreement but lies by omission. What an awful story sadly too real for some.

On the positive side, it is good to see some of the people close to this case sharing their thoughts on this forum. I wish them the best.

Just heard the last podcast. This story started out with the admittedly naive hope of finding Jacob. When I discovered he had in fact been murdered I sensed disgust. After hearing those podcasts, the story is now thoroughly disgusting. The Big Valley. The Sanner interviews. The well constructed confession (written by a lawyer it seemed to me) that any 9 year-old could tell deliberately omitted details that would make Heinrich look worse to the judge and the Courts. Satisfies the plea agreement but lies by omission. What an awful story sadly too real for some.

On the positive side, it is good to see some of the people close to this case sharing their thoughts on this forum. I wish them the best.
Thank you , and sorry you feel that way , I'm. Still processing what just happened ?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Thank you , and sorry you feel that way , I'm. Still processing what just happened ?

Have I told you yet how much I appreciate you being here?
How much I appreciate you speaking up throughout the years, as well as on this site?
If I have, I am telling you again😉
If I haven't yet told you I am telling you now
I appreciate you being here, a whole bunch!😉❤

I just meant that snatching up a boy at night with a gun, terrorizing him, driving him all over the place, doing whatever he really did to him, then shooting him to death in the cold of night is disgusting. And it made it all the more disgusting how so much was overlooked while a family suffered for so many years not knowing what happened. I guess "disgusting" is the only word I can muster right now.

I just meant that snatching up a boy at night with a gun, terrorizing him, driving him all over the place, doing whatever he really did to him, then shooting him to death in the cold of night is disgusting. And it made it all the more disgusting how so much was overlooked while a family suffered for so many years not knowing what happened. I guess "disgusting" is the only word I can muster right now.
I recognize your thoughts , however I still think it's better to focus on the necessary details associated with this closed case, that's how I can separate from that .
stay focused or learn to focus on other things
I speak from experience [emoji17] those thoughts will become your dreams if you continue to go down that path . Jmo

None of these details should have been released to the pubic in my opinion , I understand patty wanted to hear him say it, but perhaps that should have taken place in a private environment .

With the exception of the APM Reports thread, I personally don't see anyone thing left to discuss in the Wetterling threads. The case is closed. There are other families awaiting answers to the loved ones they have missing or killed detailed in the podcast. Nothing I've seen in another case resembles a crime Heinrich may be responsible for. Do we continue to sit here and beat a dead horse while other families are hurting?!?! Anyone who needs help coming down the mountain should seek professional help your not likely to find here. That includes any victims and/or anyone personally affected by Jacob's case. I feel your pain, however, I can't say I understand, as I haven't been there. Time for others to come to the forefront. It's also time for a push to restructure law enforcement to prevent this from happening again, but also to bring accountability and oversight to lawless law enforcement. Just my 2 cents.

With the exception of the APM Reports thread, I personally don't see anyone thing left to discuss in the Wetterling threads. The case is closed. There are other families awaiting answers to the loved ones they have missing or killed detailed in the podcast. Nothing I've seen in another case resembles a crime Heinrich may be responsible for. Do we continue to sit here and beat a dead horse while other families are hurting?!?! Anyone who needs help coming down the mountain should seek professional help your not likely to find here. That includes any victims and/or anyone personally affected by Jacob's case. I feel your pain, however, I can't say I understand, as I haven't been there. Time for others to come to the forefront. It's also time for a push to restructure law enforcement to prevent this from happening again, but also to bring accountability and oversight to lawless law enforcement. Just my 2 cents.

Hm. I think we can all decide what we want for ourselves. Value judgments not needed, thank you very much.

If anyone wants to do whatever, have at it

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back