Apparent LIES, Relevant OMISSIONS, and Other Nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just reminded of this in another thread:

Ross may not have informed people (wife, landlord) that he did not get his promotion at Home Depot.

Didn't one of the news articles mention that he was being held in the mental health unit of the jail? If so, this guy is really starting to remind me of Mark Hacking who murdered his pregnant wife and dumped her in a landfill rather than admit he not only wasn't going to medical school, he also had never graduated college.

Didn't one of the news articles mention that he was being held in the mental health unit of the jail? If so, this guy is really starting to remind me of Mark Hacking who murdered his pregnant wife and dumped her in a landfill rather than admit he not only wasn't going to medical school, he also had never graduated college.

Interesting idea. On reddit, he has a thread that starts with a graduation photo. The thread is about taking so long to graduate. This photo is gone (deleted) but the comments are all there. Not sure if it was removed after the arrest or not.

Interesting idea. On reddit, he has a thread that starts with a graduation photo. The thread is about taking so long to graduate. This photo is gone (deleted) but the comments are all there. Not sure if it was removed after the arrest or not.

I'm not a big fan of social media postings because there really is no way to know who posted it or even created the thread. I don't trust any social media as a source of truth.

I've been giving some thought to the idea that sometime between the supposed text to LH (re: "picking up my buddy") and the phone call at 4:01 (?), Ross remembered what he had done (not done, that is). It seems to fit much of what happened later. Possibly he either flat out told LH that he left Cooper in the car, or left it open ended that he may have. That would explain the early departure from work, the denial of the smell in the car, LH's automatic response about Cooper being left in the car, LH's comment to Ross about saying "too much", and some other things, including RH's behavior at the scene and LH's later behavior--they may have already experienced the initial shock and reaction before anyone was around to witness it. He may have made a decision not to handle the situation at his place of employment, so he drove to an alternate location. In his attempt to cover up his prior knowledge, he made some strange comments--i.e., that Cooper had been choking.

Plus, I get a funny feeling that one or the other of them had left Cooper in the car before, and that may have led to the searches relating to leaving children in hot cars.

I remember hearing that, but turns out it was a false rumor - media and twitter posts rebutted it for a solid day the next day. (That case you cited is horribly sad. :( )

I've been giving some thought to the idea that sometime between the supposed text to LH (re: "picking up my buddy") and the phone call at 4:01 (?), Ross remembered what he had done (not done, that is). It seems to fit much of what happened later. Possibly he either flat out told LH that he left Cooper in the car, or left it open ended that he may have. That would explain the early departure from work, the denial of the smell in the car, LH's automatic response about Cooper being left in the car, LH's comment to Ross about saying "too much", and some other things, including RH's behavior at the scene and LH's later behavior--they may have already experienced the initial shock and reaction before anyone was around to witness it. He may have made a decision not to handle the situation at his place of employment, so he drove to an alternate location. In his attempt to cover up his prior knowledge, he made some strange comments--i.e., that Cooper had been choking.

Plus, I get a funny feeling that one or the other of them had left Cooper in the car before, and that may have led to the searches relating to leaving children in hot cars.

all that only works if you think jh is not guilty of killing baby CH.

I have no doubt that is where he is. It's the only place they can house him and keep him safe. If he was in Gen Pop it would list where he was like it does for every other prisoner...
He may have no mental health issues, hence law enforcement saying he isnt "in" the mental health ward, but he is occupying a room in that part of the jail for his own safety.
Cobb County won't chance anything happening to him, the have had enough trouble in the past.
I have no links, just knowledge.

All posts are MOO.

all that only works if you think jh is not guilty of killing baby CH.

Actually I think in that scenario RH would still be guilty of killing Cooper and so would LH, yes, it might distance them from 'intent' or 'premeditation but the searches alone notched their responsibility, being now informed of the risks, to a higher level. Frankly, regardless if they had left CH in the car before or not, the fact they googled hot car deaths and hadn't taken steps to prevent such a thing happening (again) definitely counts against them re negligence and, in effect, raises that negligence to reckless endangerment. Ignorance of the law is no defense when you break it they say but, in reality, people who are genuinely ignorant are cut some slack and given lesser sentences. This pair cannot plead ignorance in mitigation, out of their own mouths they knew what could happen if their child were left in a car and they failed to do anything to avoid that eventuality.

Actually I think in that scenario RH would still be guilty of killing Cooper and so would LH, yes, it might distance them from 'intent' or 'premeditation but the searches alone notched their responsibility, being now informed of the risks, to a higher level. Frankly, regardless if they had left CH in the car before or not, the fact they googled hot car deaths and hadn't taken steps to prevent such a thing happening (again) definitely counts against them re negligence and, in effect, raises that negligence to reckless endangerment. Ignorance of the law is no defense when you break it they say but, in reality, people who are genuinely ignorant are cut some slack and given lesser sentences. This pair cannot plead ignorance in mitigation, out of their own mouths they knew what could happen if their child were left in a car and they failed to do anything to avoid that eventuality.

Which is why LH might be inclined to ask RH if he said too much...having your child die from being left in the car, in a situation where the child had been left in the car before. Not good.

The way the law is written, I'm just not sure that kind of negligence is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mcameo6