April 22 weekend of Sleuthiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if they had a fax capable modem card.

Or you could use a dial-up program putting the cell phone as the dial up number. That wouldn't require a fax card....but would require a modem. Do PCs even have modems like that anymore?

It's frustrating, right? But if there was any remote possibility that there is evidence of it on any of the computers, it would have been presented by the prosecution. That is why I believe the 6:40 call is real. And if BC killed NC, he did it as soon as he got home from harris teeter. Of course there are lots of issues to overcome that theory as well.

I'm still thinking that the most likely possibility is that he used technology to make the call. The second option is that he used his child. The most unlikely is that Nancy made the call. I have many reasons for the last one.

It was actually CW and yes she said that but she didn't specify how she was being used. I fail to see what she would have needed to do to provide an "alibi" for NC. The defense did not pursue it and it did not seem genuine to me. If I were a juror and were instructed to use my own judgement in giving weight to the testimony of a given witness, I would have given her very little. MOO

I think that Nancy was saying that she was going to help/vounteer, but was instead doing something else. Nancy must have said, at some point: "if Brad calls, tell him I was with you."

Okay, here were the choices:

1. Random attacker?
2. Someone who knew Nancy?
3. Someone who knew Nancy and had skillzzz to hack into Brad's computer?

NCSU and FD believe in #1 (yes?) That was the first scenario.

No, that is not the choice. The choice is G beyond a reasonable doubt or NG.

BTW In another week, I expect you might have a couple of new options. Hold onto your seats.

Something else I don't get. Why is it so hard to believe a husband would never dump his wife's mostly naked body in a ditch? Where'd Scott leave Laci's? Where'd condition did Jason leave his wife in? How's about OJ? How long does the list need to be? Maybe Drew Peterson left one of them in a nice warm scented bubble bath because he loved her so much, but I kinda doubt it. There's a LOT of opinions here I can't make sense of, but that one just baffles my noggin.

Okay so people are thinking:

Random attacker abducted and killed Nancy AND someone hacked into BC laptop to help things along. Specifically his work laptop, which appears to be the more difficult one to access because it had the most security software on it. The Mac was available for hacking as well, just an fyi.

That hacker was either really lucky that no physical evidence tied anyone to the murder, or they knew on 7/16/08, before any DNA or crime scene or fiber or anything was back from CCBI that there would not be physical evidence to tie someone else to the murder since the hacking is alleged to have taken place on 7/16/08.

Unless.... you think this hacking took place after 7/16/08 inside the CPD and/or the FBI.

I think that Nancy was saying that she was going to help/vounteer, but was instead doing something else. Nancy must have said, at some point: "if Brad calls, tell him I was with you."

Not once they got back to North Carolina. If the second part of what you said actually happened, it should have been brought up by the defense. The dropped that whole line of questioning like a hot potatoe. MOO

Ok. Let me update then.

If you believe a random attacker did it, then you also believe CPD is framing him, but there's no sense in you going on about who NC had a fight with, or an affair.

If you believe her boyfriend did it, there's no reason to snark about police not personally visiting every random tipster.

Has that got it?

I don't believe NC was having an affair at the time of her murder. But it doesn't mean I'm not going to offer my opinion on what was possible. The point about police not visiting every random tipster has nothing to do with them not finding the real killer. It has everything to do with CPD immediately pointing all blame on BC then building a case based on that, ignoring the option that someone else did it.

Ok what was the deal with the 2 cars with tinted windows in the driveway across the street from the Cooper home on the night July 15th?

Okay 2 for he's likely guilty but state may not have proved it, 2 for "random attacker," and 2 for "it was someone who knew Nancy."

For those who think it was a random attacker (i.e. someone who did not know Nancy and who Nancy did not know), this 'laptop hacking' scenario doesn't fit with that scenario.

Laptop hacking to place incriminating evidence fits with the 'someone who knew Nancy' scenario. That is, if you believe someone actually hacked into the BC's computer and did such a thing.
Well, here was my position from before and I'm sticking to it. I posted that before the Google evidence. After that, I'm even more sure that he will be found Guilty.

I don't believe NC was having an affair at the time of her murder. But it doesn't mean I'm not going to offer my opinion on what was possible. The point about police not visiting every random tipster has nothing to do with them not finding the real killer. It has everything to do with CPD immediately pointing all blame on BC then building a case based on that, ignoring the option that someone else did it.

Well okay, but it seems both camps of BII are using every complaint, every whichaway. If I was off the fence that he didn't do it, and thought a boyfriend did, I'd have wanted CPD focusing all efforts into pinning down specific evidence to that effect. Not having tea at RZ's house.

If I seriously thought a random attacker did it, I'd then have a serious problem, because then I'd also be saying the CPD was beyond corrupt. (And also pretty brilliant.)

Not me, spoofed call, dumped the equipment on one of the HT runs or when he took the kids out to 'look for Nancy'. We all know brad would never have looked for nancy. C'mon. At least admit that. Brad was far more likely to be out evidence dumping then he was nancy searching.

But again, the equipment he would have dumped (router and fxo) card is not all that was needed. It still would have required a computer to run the call manager. And there has been zero evidence that that any computers are missing (sans the sony laptop...but there is an explanation for that one). And since none are missing and none are wiped, there would have been forensic evidence showing the call manager on it and that a call was made. We know that none of the call managers at Cisco showed record of any calls. So if that is what he did, he ran his own. But where is the evidence of it? It would have to be on one of the computers that they seized.

I can send and receive faxes through my laptop using email. No modem required.

But you can't send those where they would originate from your home phone. The modem would be required to plug into the home phone port so that it originated a call on TWC coming from the home phone.

I think the CPD took a look at the so-called 'tips' from neighbors and publicity seekers, e.g. RZ, and decided there was no credible lead worthy of assigning valuable resources.

I think they had to follow up on the psychic nonsense in case the psychic did the crime.

Something else I don't get. Why is it so hard to believe a husband would never dump his wife's mostly naked body in a ditch? Where'd Scott leave Laci's? Where'd condition did Jason leave his wife in? How's about OJ? How long does the list need to be? Maybe Drew Peterson left one of them in a nice warm scented bubble bath because he loved her so much, but I kinda doubt it. There's a LOT of opinions here I can't make sense of, but that one just baffles my noggin.

It's been floated that when there is remorse, the victim is partially covered. Wasn't Michelle Young under a pillow? OJs wife was murdered on her front step, so I don't think that counts (he had to get outta there fast). We don't know about Scott Peterson because Laci was found 4 months later after washing ashore, but there was something about duct tape. She may have been covered, in part, with something after the murder and before going into the ocean. Drew Peterson's last wife is still missing.

I think the theory relates to people that are murdered and left to be found by someone else. Ridgeway, for example, left his victims in positions that suggested it was a random murderer with no connection to the victim. I think that is what people are seeing with Nancy - that she was left in a similar position.

Or you could use a dial-up program putting the cell phone as the dial up number. That wouldn't require a fax card....but would require a modem. Do PCs even have modems like that anymore?

Right that would require a modem and no modem cards are not common these days. I suppose you could install one.

I'm still thinking that the most likely possibility is that he used technology to make the call. The second option is that he used his child. The most unlikely is that Nancy made the call. I have many reasons for the last one.

But how on the technology? Again, we have had so much discussion about the router/fxo and none about the PC required to run the call manager or any other call generator program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA