AR - Ashley Rolland & Nathan Bridges Murdered Boy Buried Under Floor and Abused Girl - Moro

YaYa_521

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Arkansas State Police FB post

DECEMBER 17, 2022

The body of a 6 year-old boy was discovered buried below a hallway floor inside a Lee County home last night (Friday, December 16th). Special agents of the Arkansas State Police Criminal Investigation Division were called to the scene by Lee County sheriff’s deputies about 10:45 PM. Agents are also investigating injuries, believed to be burns to the scalp, sustained by a 6 year-old girl who also lived in the same home located in the Moro community west of Marianna.

Ashley Roland, 28, the mother of the children, and Nathan Bridges, 33, have been arrested by the state police and are being held at the Lee County Jail. Both are charged with capital murder, abuse of a corpse, tampering with physical evidence and endangering the welfare of a minor.

Based on initial findings, it’s believed the boy died from injuries sustained in the home, possibly three months ago. The state medical examiner will determine the manner and cause of death.

The injured girl has been transported to a Memphis hospital and is reported to be in stable condition.

Posted By: ASP

SBM

...6-year-old boy was discovered buried below a hallway floor inside of a house in Moro, Arkansas...
...6-year-old girl was also found inside the house with burns to her scalp...

SBM
Investigators believe the boy may have died from injuries he sustained in the home three months prior to his body being found, state police said. His name was not immediately released. [snip] Bridges' relationship to Roland and the victim was not provided.

SBM
...the home in Moro, a small community about 70 miles west of Memphis, Tennessee,

SBM
The children’s grandmother had reportedly been attempting to gain custody for more than a year,... [snip] After working through the proper channels and paying a "ridiculous amount of money," [snip] received a court order last week... [Snip] She had arrived at the home to pick up her grandchildren on Friday when she was told the boy was at a friend's house and the girl could not walk.
# More at link :mad:

Omg, just saw this case on the daily mail of all places. No one missed this little boy at school? I’m glad the grandmother has been trying to gain custody but why did it take so long to figure out about this poor boy? Can’t imagine what this little girl has witnessed, and endured.

Rest in peace little one.

Moo

Just geez oh my gosh this hurts the heart, this is so senseless the grandma wanted the kids ,fought in court to get them why use the kids as a punching bag killing one instead of giving them to the grandma, rest in piece little guy may justice be fast jmoo

So if the courts had stalled Grandma for 3 fewer months, we never would have heard of these kids??? And they could both be in their new home for Christmas. :mad:

Enjoy your Christmas with Grandma, Honey, we're pulling for you!

SBM
  • The paternal grandmother...[snip]...told Action News 5...
  • ...her granddaughter is recovering from multiple injuries including multiple broken ribs, burns and more.
  • She also says her grandson was found in a wooden box.
  • KR’s son was previously married to T and Blu’s mother, Ashley Rolland.
  • R. says just a few months ago, she was allowed to see the children. She says those visits ended after the children’s mother’s boyfriend, Nathan Bridges allegedly pulled a gun on her son, the children’s father.
  • ...advised by a lawyer not to go to the home after the incident.
  • ...she reported her grandchildren’s mother several times to DHS and others, but to her knowledge, nothing was done. :mad:
#More at link

Boy Found Buried in Box: Grandmother Shares Disturbing Abuse Details After 5-year-old Found Dead, Hidden Beneath Hallway Floor in Family Home
arkansas-boy-dead.jpg

YPEA4ZJ2X5CBVBH4PCWA2TQX6M.png

Rest in peace, Blu. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
SBM
  • The paternal grandmother...[snip]...told Action News 5...
  • ...her granddaughter is recovering from multiple injuries including multiple broken ribs, burns and more.
  • She also says her grandson was found in a wooden box.
  • KR’s son was previously married to T and Blu’s mother, Ashley Rolland.
  • R. says just a few months ago, she was allowed to see the children. She says those visits ended after the children’s mother’s boyfriend, Nathan Bridges allegedly pulled a gun on her son, the children’s father.
  • ...advised by a lawyer not to go to the home after the incident.
  • ...she reported her grandchildren’s mother several times to DHS and others, but to her knowledge, nothing was done. :mad:
#More at link

Boy Found Buried in Box: Grandmother Shares Disturbing Abuse Details After 5-year-old Found Dead, Hidden Beneath Hallway Floor in Family Home
arkansas-boy-dead.jpg

YPEA4ZJ2X5CBVBH4PCWA2TQX6M.png

Rest in peace, Blu. :(
Some days it's really hard to like people.

Babies who just wanted to be loved.

I can't, I just can't.

JMO

Failed by his own mother and her bf , and dcfs as well.
I believe there was sufficient cause to look into this dangerous situation !

All of those photos of the little girl with her arm protectively around her brother ........
I just can't.
So angry right now ! :mad:

Besides the physical injuries, she'll have ptsd, most likely, and sad memories of her sibling.
I hope to god she did not see him die.

Imagine burying your child under the front hallway floor and continuing to walk back and forth over him, for months.

Eta : Not going to have much sympathy for the mother even if she claims she was afraid of Nathan.
A person has to sleep sometimes, and she could have taken the kids while he was away or asleep, and fled.
A mama bear's instincts should've kicked in !!
Imo.

Last edited:
Ugh, new details and mugshot of mom here. Boy was drowned for biting the boyfriend’s finger.

Sounds like a house of horrors to me. Moo

From link above.

The Arkansas boy whose corpse was found buried under the floorboards last week died three months ago after his mother's boyfriend shoved his head in a toilet bowl as "punishment" for biting the man's finger, according to newly filed court documents that detail the circumstances of the boy's death and the discovery of his body.

An arrest affidavit the state filed Tuesday in Lee County Circuit Court alleges that the boy's mother, Ashley Rolland, 28, told police that her son, Blu, died Sept. 9 after an incident involving her boyfriend, Nathan Bridges, 33.

The boy's age was not immediately clear: Arkansas State Police said he was 6 years old, but court documents say he was born Dec. 16, 2017 — meaning his body was found on what would have been his fifth birthday. Blu's paternal grandmother, Karen Rolland, 57, said the boy would have turned 6 last week.

Ashley Rolland told police that Bridges also caused her surviving 6-year-old daughter's injuries — later identified by medical personnel as severe burns — by holding her under hot water “as punishment for her behavior issues," the affidavit alleges.

Karen Rolland told NBC News that the girl "could barely even walk" and that her clothes were soiled in urine. Her first request, she added, was for "water and something to eat."

"I told her that she was safe, and just the look on her face was sheer terror," she said.

So she's blaming it all on him. Good luck with that!

Ugh, new details and mugshot of mom here. Boy was drowned for biting the boyfriend’s finger.

Sounds like a house of horrors to me. Moo

Anyone else crying at their keyboard???

Those unfortunate little angels. Hope the sister doesn't need to testify!!!

Merry Christmas, Dearie, you have a great time at Grandma's, now!

Again I'll say, he!! isn't hot enuff.

Every day, every damm day we see these horrors. It won't stop until the world stops spinning, IMO.
At least both Rolland & Bridges are charged with Capital Murder, plus other charges. If it weren't 21 degrees F -- I might go out into the street and scream. SMH.
Fly high, sweet Blu, no more hurt ever again.
Big sister will get proper care in a hospital with nurses & doctors to make sure her physical hurts heal, and that she has good food, a good warm bed, lots of smiles and TLC. And then, let's hope, good counseling to help her somehow rise above the probably many hurts and bad treatment she endured and saw, lack of good diet, and the trauma a losing her little brother.
-----------------------------------------

§ 5-10-101 - Capital murder. :: 2010 Arkansas Code :: US ...

https://law.justia.com › title-5 › subtitle-2 › chapter-10

(c) (1) Capital murder is punishable by death or life imprisonment without parole pursuant to 5-4-601 -- 5-4-605, 5-4-607, and 5-4-608.
-------------------------------------------

I don't know if anyone posted this..mugshots.
Look at her face.
I have no doubt this woman is victim of DV.
But that doesn’t forgive anything she was involved in in the harming of her babies. I want to see a mugshot of Bridges also. The evil lives within. Moo

Absolutely horrific what these children suffered. And as another poster mentioned above, the depravity of being able to live in a house and walk on a floor under which your young son has been buried for MONTHS is on another level. :mad:

On another note….that is QUITE the shiner “Mom” has. o_O

If he was that violent with her, I can't even imagine what those babies went through.
Horrifying, but thankful at least the sister made it out alive.
Right. That's what I was thinking.

By the sounds of it if they hadn't got the girl out when they did she probably wouldn't have been around for much longer either.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back