GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long did the prosecution have to file formal charges? Just wondering since it's two months to the day that the kidnapping occurred and these charges were filed. I know there is a time limit, I just don't know how long it is.

I think most everyone (initially myself included) thought that AL and CL had been charged for the Murder and Kidnapping. Reading over both the orig cases and now the Formal...
Orig they were arrested by PCSO in District court on the charges. Its possible that they now have more evidence in hand why the second warrants? Confused or maybe not thinking straight, the 2 arrests same charges. I wonder if CL's misdemeanor charge will be incorporated in or just hang where it is. Now the Plaintiff is State of Arkansas on the formal charge. On the time frame to make formal charges.. again since I initially thought had already charged but filing of the charges 1 day prior to the 2 month since BC was abducted.. could be something to that. IIRC once charged they have a yr to bring to trial? I could be wrong. But I believe the formal charging starts a whole new time table.
Charges were filed yesterday, the 24th. Arrest warrants for the formal charges were filed today, the 25th.

Looking at the dockets :the prev (Pulaski Cty Sheriff office cases) were from having enough evidence to obtain the arrest warrant... and they were in District Court
Case ID: PCS-14-7794 - STATE V CRYSTAL HOPE LOWERY
Filing Date: Thursday , October 30th, 2014
Court: 60 - PULASKI
Type: WO - COUNTY ARREST WARRANT
Images

Case ID: 60CR-14-3928 - STATE V AARON M LEWIS -JURY TRIAL

Filing Date: Monday , November 24th, 2014
Court: 60 - PULASKI
Type: DI - CRIMINAL DIRECT FILED

Comment to Butler on H. I realize you and your family have so much to deal with. My suggestion is small, but may benefit in the future, IMO. I know the house was cleaned out, but did anyone preserve H's personal belongings? I hope whoever was in charge of boxing up the house packed up her things for her. She has lost so much so fast. Some small tokens from her room, her yearbooks, pictures, stuffed animals, trinkets, whatever was special to her will be very comforting in the future. I hope those things can be recovered for her so she wouldn't have to lose everything she cherished from a situation out of her control.

Duct tape may have been used on an unconscious victim.

Or telling her to lie on the ground, kneeling down, putting your knee in her back and holding her like that while you unroll tape. So many ways, really. Police do it all the time. And she is scared and a woman.

OK... so before there was no gag order. It was said that both CL and AL atty and LEO were working for same goal of keeping info on the quite side - my paraphrasing. I am betting there will be a gag order requested now that formally charged. Just a gut feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500