GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't posted since yesterday and was reading to catch up but I gotta say, I am a little disappointed in the turn this thread has taken for two reasons.

1. I understand that we all need some humor to lighten the mood in these tough cases but regardless of the heinous things prisoners have done, they still deserve to be treated with respect and dignity. They are still human, even AL. This is reminiscent of the conversations around the recent "torture report" release and I know everyone falls on a different side but IMO, an eye for an eye is not ok. It is not ok to torture and abuse no matter how heinous someone's crimes are. Our country was founded on justice and fairness. We are better than that.

Keep in mind, AL won his first case against the prison system not because he conned them but because they legitimately must have done something wrong. IIRC they settled, meaning they felt he had a valid claim. If he feels his rights are being violated, he does have a right to bring those concerns to the court. With all the conversations lately in the media about the treatment of criminals and the abuse of police power... well draw your own conclusions. And no, I am not defending AL. I do think he is a sniveling whiner baby but I also think they should be very careful to not give him a reason for a mistrial or any other legal loophole.

2. Seeing some of the conversations with VIs has saddened me. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if we disagree. A VI is just that, and INSIDER. This means they will have information about a case or the players in a case that the rest of us don't have. It isn't our place to question the validity of their claims. Let LE do that in their investigation. This thread is about BC and about seeing BC's family get justice. It is also about making sure that the right people are charged and convicted. These conversations can help us determine if that occurs. How many times when someone does something crazy do people say, "He always seemed a little off." or "Oh, they had mental problems before." I mean we say that about AL. No one is surprised about his part in all of this. But to the contrary, in this case, we also have a VI saying I would never have seen CL being involved in something like this. For me, that is enough to cast doubt. While I think it is dangerous to blindly trust AL, CL or any of the other players here, I think it is likewise dangerous to blindly trust LE when we have nothing else to go on.

I do agree with a lot of the things you said; however, with all due respect, I would like to elaborate a little bit.
Regarding #1: Just because AL has filed lawsuitS and alleges all these things happened, we don't know if they did or not. It's obvious he is an attention-seeker. Furthermore, if he didn't want the information out there to be made fun of then maybe he shouldn't have put the information on paper, but then I guess in order to file his lawsuits, he had to put it out there. LOL
JMO, but "if he feels his rights are being violated" then I anticipate he will be filing lots and lots of lawsuits because he is going to be in there I'm thinking for a longggggg time.
And if the prison system and justice system worked as they should, he shouldn't even have been out on the streets to have committed this crime he is alleged to have committed.
Regarding #2: I too am thankful for our VI's, they contribute a lot and have been quite helpful. IMO though, information should not be put out there/portrayed by a VI (or anyone else for that matter) AS IF IT IS A FACT when it is rather their personal opinion or what he said/she said type thing; as then it is considered rumor, hear-say, gossip, etc.

To sum it up, we are all here for justice for Beverly, her and her family are the victims. Those arrested and charged are NOT the victims (IMO), but their family members sure are (IMO).
We realize the "innocent until proven guilty" yada yada yada, but it is our freedom of speech to say what we want and to form our own individual opinions of those involved. And I don't feel I have to explain it to anyone why I feel the way I do; whether it be here on the forum or in real life. For example, if I don't like my neighbor, do I need to answer to anyone of WHY I say I don't like them?? If I don't like my sister-in-law, do I need to give a reason why I don't like her?

I'd say it's obvious that AL was not an "up-and-coming citizen". This isn't his first rodeo. His criminal history should prove that. He is proud of his past and proud of a lot of the crimes he has committed (it's been posted all over SM, You-Tube videos, etc. He has bragged about it in various places). So it is my right that I do not have to treat him with respect or dignity.
As far as CL being charged with Capital Murder and Kidnapping ALSO, a person would think LE has good reason/evidence to back up these charges, but only time will tell; it's hard for us to guess with so little information that we have available to us. To have married/been involved with a 7-time felon, unemployed, a person who you can't leave your daughter with, who has tried to blackmail you, cheated on you, used you, etc etc etc; IMO isn't real smart.

Chose to "overlook his past" = chose to suffer the consequences.

And if AL and CL are found guilty of Capital Murder and Kidnapping, are we (as the general public) still to treat them with dignity and respect??

Just curious what posters opinions/thoughts are on this??

And if AL and CL are found guilty of Capital Murder and Kidnapping, are we (as the general public) still to treat them with dignity and respect??

Just curious what posters opinions/thoughts are on this??

IMO, yes. There are certain standards in prisons for a reason. And our prison system is different than that of other countries because the majority of us believe in those reasons. Yes, they lose certain rights and privileges but they also are still human and still deserve compassion on some level.

Please remember everyone we do not talk about other posters and who posted what to whom. That is against our terms of service.

We are talking about the case of 49 year old murder victim Beverly Carter. Not about if this poster was acting better than that poster.

Please remember why we are here.

Thank you,
Tricia

Bumping :bump:

In AL Indigent Form, he stated he rec'd $50 and noted from his wife. Whomever deposited the funds, the inmate would see who completed the online transaction or completed the form on the inmates Trust account statement, per ADOC webpage.

How to send money
If sending money via mail you may only send money orders. Please include the inmate’s name and ADC number so that the correct account can be credited. The inmate will notify you of correct form to attach with money order and mailing address. Family and friends can also send money online through the Department of Correction’s website. This method requires a credit card and involves a small processing fee.

Arkansas Department of Corrections (to deposit $ online)
Inmate Deposit Service
This service may be used to securely deposit funds into an inmate's Trust Account or an inmate's Pre-Pay Phone Service Account.
Please note:
•The minimum deposit amount is $10.00 for inmate trust account
•The minimum deposit amount is $25.00 for a Pre-Pay phone account
•No more than 2 payments will be accepted per credit card per day
•No more than $400 can be deposited from a single credit card per day
•No more than 4 payments will be accepted per inmate per day
•No more than $400 can be deposited to a single inmate per day
•The total amount will be adjusted to allow for the electronic processing of the transaction. This online service is provided by a third party working in partnership with the state of Arkansas. The price of items purchased through this service include funds used to develop, maintain, and enhance the state's official web portal, Arkansas.gov.
•Visa, MasterCard, and Discover credit cards are accepted
•Please allow 2 business days for processing to inmate's account
•Your name will appear on the inmate's Trust account statement
https://www.ark.org/doc/inmatebanking/index.php

Make Money Order payable to name of inmate and inmate's ADC number.
Only Money Orders will be accepted.
This deposit slip must be submitted with each money order.
DO NOT mail money orders and deposit slips to any ADC institution.
DO NOT send cash or any other type of item, including letters, to the above address.
Money Orders and Deposit Slips received with other items will be returned to sender, including
the money order
*copy of form http://adc.arkansas.gov/visitors/Documents/MoneyOrderDepositForm.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown