AR AR - El Dorado, BlkFem UP2929, 30-50, SS card 'Melvalyn Washington', Sep'94

Exactly. Now it’s just a waiting game for everyone.
May I suggest submitting your potential match to the Doe Network? if you haven't already? They will submit good potential matches (like yours!) directly to law enforcement working on the case. Given that NamUs is a federal agency, it is possible that it might never get to the right people because of bureaucratic hierarchy and red tape.

Link to submit a potential match is here: Potential Match Submission To Panel

May I suggest submitting your potential match to the Doe Network? if you haven't already? They will submit good potential matches (like yours!) directly to law enforcement working on the case. Given that NamUs is a federal agency, it is possible that it might never get to the right people because of bureaucratic hierarchy and red tape.

Link to submit a potential match is here: Potential Match Submission To Panel
That’s a good idea! I use Doe Network almost strictly now for submissions, so I’ll forward this to them. Thank you! :)

This lead being sat on for a year bums me out. It seems like this could have been a win for the LE assigned to her case. The fact that no one is reacting makes me feel like “they” (LE in general) don’t care to solve it one way or the other.

Namus UID record is still active and doesn't mention a SS card amongst the records or the results of any checks. There is a 2016 recon in Namus, copied below.
Thumbnail
Is it possible that the card belonged to someone else, who was the Melvalyn Washington discussed in this thread, who according to a family tree died in June 1994?

But then, wouldn't the SS Death Index been have updated back in 1994 with her death? Even if the SS card had been stolen, the Melvalyn in Mount Holly would have had a SS record at the time....

It's a bit baffling......

Besides a few public records that states she had resided in Lewisville, AR in the 1990's there is nothing

Melvalyn's mother was originally from Lewisville, AR. So, Melvalyn had family in the area.

I just submitted to Doe Net. After seeing they listed her as a male, I decided to try one more time to find a death record or something for Melvalyn in Mount Holly. I found nothing.

Understandably, Doe Net can’t accept this potential match because MDJ isn’t officially missing.

I think it’s a good lead and one which might never have been discovered if not for Donjeta’s sleuthing and inclusion of the social security card information in the opening post. I can’t figure out why that was removed from public view on her NamUs profile.

DNA is available, so I think this will be one for FGG.

Understandably, Doe Net can’t accept this potential match because MDJ isn’t officially missing.

I think it’s a good lead and one which might never have been discovered if not for Donjeta’s sleuthing and inclusion of the social security card information in the opening post. I can’t figure out why that was removed from public view on her NamUs profile.

DNA is available, so I think this will be one for FGG.
@othram this could be a quick solve for you

I hadn't realized the MP isn't listed with LE. I believe we're going to pass it on to a forensic genealogist.

Last edited:
I hadn't realized the MP isn't listed with LE. I believe we're going to pass it on to a forensic genealogist.
Yes, I got an email today saying it was being passed on. Thanks so much!

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg