GUILTY AR - Ethan Roberts, 1, drowned in bathtub, Marmaduke, 27 June 2008

Autopsy Results Show Child Dead at Least 24 Hours Before Police Were Notified

http://www.kait8.com/Global/story.asp?S=8583502&nav=0jsh
This just makes me think more and more that she was angry the baby's dad had moved out a few days before so she harmed the baby and it took her 24 hours (at least) to come up with the "accidental drowning" story. This definitely is suspicious, from the time it took to call 911, the fact it was a neighbor that made the call, and that the baby was only 1y/o and supposedly "accidentally" drowned in the bathtub when he never should've been left alone in there in the first place.

If (god forbid) something happened to my daughter - even accidentally, I'd be terrified to call authorities....

I know all the reasons why it would be necessary - but I'd be terrified.

I would venture to predict that you would do it. Because as a mother, you would not want your child gone and you would refuse to believe that she was gone until someone made you believe it (heaven forbid). Paramedics carry around those little shocker boxes that can bring people back to life, so you would call for the paramedics. We all know the paramedics have special powers (no, I am NOT being sarcastic) and that they can HELP.

It would be okay. :blowkiss:

Salem

Oh goodness no! I took it as the poster meant if the child were already dead.

That is what I meant....

and yes, I would call for help - I'm also a uh, "slightly" over protective momma - but if it were my fault and I knew it - I can see how panic may win out...

(I'm not excusing the mom...just saying, I kind of get the fear.)

At the least she is guilty of neglect, but I suspect there is much more to it than an "accident.":furious:

That is what I meant....

and yes, I would call for help - I'm also a uh, "slightly" over protective momma - but if it were my fault and I knew it - I can see how panic may win out...

(I'm not excusing the mom...just saying, I kind of get the fear.)

You aren't alone. It's the product of knowing of cases where mothers go to prison for killing their kids accidently. We don't want to compound our horrific grief with incarceration. Accidents happen. I believe in accidents, but rarely does it seem the court system agrees.

I am leaning towards she put him in the tub then walked away to do something around the house. One of the articles said when the cops walked in he was wrapped in a towel on her lap does this mean she had just pulled him out of the tub 24 hours later. :furious:

Or maybe she had been sitting there holding him for the past 24 hours. I could see that happening, kinda. I might be inclined to do something like this, except I would do it after I called for help.

Her story does not add up, which makes me suspicious.

Salem

I hesitated to respond to this one until some more conclusive things came out as to when the baby died and/or whether they thought the mother had something to do with intentionally killing her baby. I think it was an accident and she was in a state of shock.

We all react differently in crisis situations. I know that animals in no way compare to humans, but I've seen this reaction in the vet world. Owners spending hours with their dogs/cats after they've been pronounced, refusing to believe that they're really gone. I've had to explain "dead" to people for hours after the fact. I've been yelled at for wrapping an animal in plastic for burial/cremation because I was "suffocating" it.

The worst one came to my mind with this story, although like I said, child and dog are not equal. A woman was convinced her dog was going to come back and was just resting. She slept with the body for three days on the floor until she finally brought it to us. It took us about two hours to be able to convince her that there was nothing that could be done and to let us get the body out of her car. Even after all that, she begged us to hook it up to machines to make doubly sure. I won't even go into more particulars than that. . . I had nightmares of that event for weeks afterward.

What I'm saying is that everyone responds differently and some psyches just refuse to believe the truth of the situation. Looks like this woman lost her boyfriend days before, and now she'd lost her child too. I can see her sitting there rocking that baby for twenty-four hours.

So sad, and it will probably come to light that she did this intentionally!

This article from six hours ago said that LE is still looking at the case and the ME is awaiting toxicology screens.

This made me wonder. God forbid someone has their baby drown and they don't call a soul for 24 hours that's not a crime? Say then an adult dies in your home and you find them and don't call for 24 hours that is legal? Not planning on any of this. Just wondering.:confused:

http://www.paragoulddailypress.com/articles/2008/07/03/local_news/doc486ae7d40ddf2609465372.txt

By Carol Haynes/Daily Press
Published: Saturday, March 21, 2009 5:17 PM CDT

In the 2008 drowning death of her son, Kelly Honeycutt, 37, of Marmaduke, pled guilty of manslaughter Monday and was sentenced to nine years in the Arkansas Department of Correction.

Much more at link:
http://www.paragoulddailypress.com/articles/2009/03/21/top_story/doc49c566d4861e8534670886.txt

Kellye Raye Honeycutt

Guilty Plea
Sentence Date: 03/17/2009

Offense: Manslaughter
Sentence: 9 years

Parole Eligibility Date: 07/23/2011

Wait...she leaves the baby in the tub at 9:30am, comes back at 10 (!!!one-year-old, what are you thinking!!!) to find him dead. Then she has a fight with her husband that night and he leaves? Didn't he see or know about the baby while he was there? Did she hide the body or what?

What a strange and tragic story.

Wait...she leaves the baby in the tub at 9:30am, comes back at 10 (!!!one-year-old, what are you thinking!!!) to find him dead. Then she has a fight with her husband that night and he leaves? Didn't he see or know about the baby while he was there? Did she hide the body or what?

What a strange and tragic story.

I believe the fight with the baby's father was the night before the baby drowned. I am more disturbed that she was not charged with pre-meditated murder rather than manslaughter. She leaves the 1 year old child unattended in a half filled bathtub for 30 minutes then according to the article she was seen out and about one hour later and again at least two other places, yet seemingly did not say anything to anyone about the supposed "accident". LE arrives and she is sitting there holding him like she is supposed to be in shock or something. Sorry but that sounds pre-meditated to me.

I fail to understand why she will be up for parole after 2 years.

Is this the same Kelly Honeycutt? The age is right if she was 37 in 2008:

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2014/oct/01/lr-woman-missing-monday-police-say/

Kelly Honeycutt, 43, was reported missing by her live-in boyfriend, Kenneth Young, 53, who said that Honeycutt left their home at 2308 W Daisy L. Gatson Bates Drive, No. 4, because she said “the voices in her head were telling her to leave,” a police report states.

Young told officers Honeycutt "had been feeling depressed lately for causing the death of her son,” according to the report.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back