Identified! AR - Fort Smith, Male UP2843, entangled in tree in Poteau River, Nov'01 - John Camp

That's why I was thinking noodling, because he would be dressed, possibly for noodling. The tennis shoes, versus cowboy boots, (unless he isn't from that area to wear cowboy boots), missing a hand(s), unless that happened afterwards, etc.

Yeah, missing hand could happen in noodling. I've seen people put their arms in places...well no way; there's just no way. OR my first thought about missing appendages is turtles and other assorted critters.

I earlier mentioned a toll road. About an hour an a half west of Poteau is a toll road. The toll road goes near McAlester, where the Oklahoma State Prison is located. I researched online and this toll road cost $4.75 to travel the length of it. They found 21 quarters on him, and a roll has 40. So assuming he had a roll at one point, he was missing 19 quarters, or $4.75.

This a also a very scenic area with a scenic highway running on the Oklahoma side of the mountains. It is very popular with motorcyclists and has a popular State Park nearby.

Oh, good catch. The quarters puzzled me because 21 is one more than you get when you put a $5 in the change machine at the laundromat. I didn't think of it being what's left of a $10. But this makes a lot of sense.

Too bad there isn't a really good "missing trucker" website.

Another possibility: the body of someone known to have drowned, but body not recovered at the time. I'm trying to match a body found in a river near here and it seems like people who are known to have fallen in usually don't get listed on the missing sites. I guess because they aren't really missing in the usual sense. I'm going through newspaper articles looking for articles about people drowning in the Charles River drainage -- which is at least a dozen people a year.

Is Teresa a common spelling for the name "Theresa" in America? I know that's how it's spelled in Spanish -- without the H.... so my point is, I wonder if there's more of a chance he's Hispanic than white-American...

Is Teresa a common spelling for the name "Theresa" in America? I know that's how it's spelled in Spanish -- without the H.... so my point is, I wonder if there's more of a chance he's Hispanic than white-American...

Teresa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
From wikipedia
The spelling of Teresa is indicative for:
Danish
English
German
Italian
Norwegian
Polish
Portuguese
Spanish
Swedish

Another possibility: the body of someone known to have drowned, but body not recovered at the time. I'm trying to match a body found in a river near here and it seems like people who are known to have fallen in usually don't get listed on the missing sites. I guess because they aren't really missing in the usual sense. I'm going through newspaper articles looking for articles about people drowning in the Charles River drainage -- which is at least a dozen people a year.

I like the idea that he had the quarters to pay a toll. This may be a completely silly question, but do boats have tolls? If he went overboard and was presumed drowned, then maybe this would explain the quarters.

Boats do not have tolls, or at least not in Oklahoma.

In the area where he was found it is very possible the he could be Hispanic.

This is our father John Wesley Camp, my mother is Teresa Camp!
We did not Abandoned our Father, we have been searching for him for 14 years! Today after searching like always I got on Doenetwork.org and after the 38 page I found my Father, all of us as been on here before trying to find him and nothing ever came up! Even contacted missing people.com and sense we didn't have a case open they couldn't search so next week I was going to file a missing persons report. We also had a close cop try to find him eight years ago but no luck. We never did a missing report because we were so young at the time he disappeared. And why now well because After seeing my dads parents which are about to pass away they asked us about dad and we said we haven't found him yet and they thought our Mother filed the report but she didn't for whatever reason. So we always thought there was done until last month. After I found him today just by his tattoo and the hotel keys I called my older sister Amber and she drove all the way from broken arrow from her work to sallisaw to tell our mother, then to fort smith Police station to claim the body! Sense he was unrecognizable and none ID or wallet with him, must have washed away by the water, all they had was the hotel keys which my dad had taken my older sister and brother to, the day he died. He told them he had to go get his check cashed in fort smith and he will be back he had no car they walked to Muskogee where the hotel was from fort smith, and his wedding brand which he must have took off when my mom and him go in a fight that day. He never made it back, and the police were called! Do we know why he left them in s hotel room by their self no! Our dad was a great father, I think he was scared and so on. So all we have is pictures and a DNA test to give the cops today. Which will take up to 6 months to get back, so we are working on trying to find a picture with his tattoo. Our dad has five kids four daughters and one son and eight grandbabies he never got to meet. We truly miss him so much and after all these years we finally found him and ask me how we never came across this or any information on the web now that we have found?! We have no idea we will never understand why, and also because they couldn't replace him of race or fingerprints. we searched everything and nothing came up, like he was no where to found and we now know why. He will always be remembered and never forgotten.. Daddy I love you, love your daughter Amy

Oh goodness, what a sad story. I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope you get the results back very soon.

Wondering if there's been any update for you and your family, Amyowens?

Amy, I'm sorry for your loss, but glad that you are able to put him to rest.

Yes the DNA came back yesterday and it was Positive that it was our Father. We are working on funeral arrangements at this time. That's all we can share.. Thank you

I've been thinking about your father so often and have been checking the thread regularly to see if there was an update.
I'm sorry for your loss .:rose:

Our dad is put to rest beside his father that passed a couple months ago! I went and saw him and Grandpa on his birthday Aug-13 and put flowers on both their Grave :) daddy also had another grand baby born on his birthday as well from his youngest Daughter! It was a sad but happy day out Dad has 10 Grandbabies as of 2016.. We miss him so much and he will always be loved..
On another note we are glad to bring him home and will never know exactly what happen to him, but at least he is with the man upstairs and we will all get to see him someday..

Our dad is put to rest beside his father that passed a couple months ago! I went and saw him and Grandpa on his birthday Aug-13 and put flowers on both their Grave :) daddy also had another grand baby born on his birthday as well from his youngest Daughter! It was a sad but happy day out Dad has 10 Grandbabies as of 2016.. We miss him so much and he will always be loved..
On another note we are glad to bring him home and will never know exactly what happen to him, but at least he is with the man upstairs and we will all get to see him someday..

God Bless You and Your Family. Hugs!!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500