Found Deceased AR - John Glasgow, 45, Little Rock, 28 January 2008

I saw the ticker at the top of the homepage, but I can't find any recent articles. Were more remains found? Or are they just now identifying the ones found last year?

I am active on Websleuths for another case in Arkansas, but was curious about the ticker too. The best I can find is that on comments for a couple of old articles, someone is trying to revive the idea that the skull found last year does not support a suicide. There are "conspiracy theories" and a British news article with several allegations. I am not finding a solid link I can post here . . . Arkansas Times post has the clearest hint. (That is the more liberal tabloid that runs against the main conservative daily paper the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.) Arkansas Matters is combo webpage for two television channels.

I am active on Websleuths for another case in Arkansas, but was curious about the ticker too. The best I can find is that on comments for a couple of old articles, someone is trying to revive the idea that the skull found last year does not support a suicide. There are "conspiracy theories" and a British news article with several allegations. I am not finding a solid link I can post here . . . Arkansas Times post has the clearest hint. (That is the more liberal tabloid that runs against the main conservative daily paper the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.) Arkansas Matters is combo webpage for two television channels.
This case has never screamed suicide to me. I hope that whatever happened, they can figure it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

99% suicide. People trying to rationalize a person's motivations who was evidently distraught are grasping for straws. He probably had a breakdown and took his life in a period of that mental breakdown. Had he known he would be cleared off all accusations, he would have probably not done it but then, he didn't have that insight and people are oftentimes not rational. He probably feared for 20 years of career and work to go down the drain or worse, having to face criminal charges. Foul play is an insanely long shot and the apparently, the investigators don't consider it a viable angle at all and I'm inclined to agree. The police should have access to all the available evidence, we don't.

Also, suicides among highly strained business men in leading positions are sadly not exactly unheard of. It's unfortunate and honestly, most people would be better off living on as opposed to taking their life over whatever hurdle their work posed to them, but who are we to judge? The fewest of us made it to the very top of the career ladder so the pressure exercised on those positions might just be beyond our grasp.

I just watched this Disappeared episode, what a sad case. He really seemed like a decent guy. Although I am glad his remai s were later found I'm sad it ended this way. If it was suicide I hope it brought him peace and if murder I hope for justice one day.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Bill Clark II was impressed by John Glasgow and recruited him to work for CDI. In 1995, John Glasgow discovered that CDI's Chief Financial Officer was embezzling money. He was fired, and prosecuted. John was promoted to CFO. Dillard's expressed concern that CDI wasn't being controlled tightly enough and called for a restructuring of terms.
They held a meeting and Bill Dillard II, Bill Clark, Alex Dillard, and the CFOs of both companies, John Glasgow and James Freeman were present. New terms or arrangements were established. Unfortunately there is no written record of the arrangements (should be recorded in the minutes). These probably included how to record the revenues correctly, the percent paid per job, and bonuses paid to CDI officers.
Business moves forward until Bill Clark II dies in 2007. Dillard's now has the right to buy all shares, but is negotiating a deal where Bill Clark's son, William Clark retains 30% and other CDI employees own 20%.
At this point, Dillard's CFO, James Freeman, realizes they were improperly claiming revenues and expenses and questions the bonuses paid to Glasgow.
James Freeman reportedly asked Glasgow if he knew about Enron, and said, "You know the CFO there? He lost his license; he went to prison. Well, that’s what’s going to happen to you.” Freeman brought in three auditors who treated CDI like criminals.
http://upstart.bizjournals.com/exec...Arkansas-Executive-Goes-Missing.html?page=all

AR - John Glasgow, 45, Little Rock, 28 January 2008

The moral of this story being, ouu, CDI chosen to build Clinton Library! NOT so good when entities have zero idea as to how they plan to pay. Materials, salaries, overhead, etc. must be paid. Creative accounting used to work, but, illegal, and, impossible, now, with independent audits. The previous firm, Pricewaterhouse, got busted doing the same. Apparently, Glasgow had resorted to such for $7 million the Clinton library had not paid. He disappeared the day before a sit down with Dillard's to reconcile the numbers. All was a non issue til the Sr. Clarke died. Another article told whole story.

Just saw the Disappeared episode, and of course jumped online to check Websleuths. I have more questions than answers!

Sadly, many of the linked articles are no longer available. Does anyone have a link to the Portfolio magazine article?

Interesting comment:
  1. kevin says:
    July 15, 2010 at 1:03 pm
    Reading the Portfolio piece on Mr. Gasgow, I think I discovered a new extreme occupation. You want danger around every corner? You want a life of suspicion, intrigue, and paranoia? You want to experience a world where you can trust no one? Where the rules of the game flip without any warning, leaving you without a chair when the music stops? yeah? huh?

Be a CFO.

Even better? Be a clean CFO. With honesty and integrity. I hear guys who retired from the CIA after the end of the Cold War are getting accounting degrees in droves.

Dillard’s & The Missing CFO | No Answers to the Little Rock Mystery that Will Not Die

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back