Found Deceased AR - Shelby Ratliff, 28, didn't return from night out, Fayetteville, 5 May 2022

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
**Missing Person**

Shelby Ratliff, 28 year old female, was last seen leaving the entertainment district at approximately 2 AM, Thursday May 5, 2022. Shelby was dropped off at a local apartment complex a short time later by a local ride share service.

She was last seen wearing a beige shirt with mushrooms, brown and red flannel shirt, cut off jean shorts and white Doc Martens.
If anyone has any information please contact the Fayetteville Police Department at (479) 587-3555.

280330887_364857992338451_4223968085706969708_n.jpg

280388980_364858032338447_2657174779854109555_n.jpg

280362312_364857972338453_7857399862916814052_n.jpg

Shelby Ratliff, 28, was seen leaving Ryleigh’s bar around 2 a.m. on May 5 according to her family and friends. She was taken by Uber to The Cottages on Hollywood where she was last seen. It is uncertain if she went back into the Uber, according to her family.

I wonder what data they have from Uber - do they have her ride request, that she initially intended to go to that apartment complex? Or do they just have that she paid for an uber, and the driver supplied that information? Why would she be going to that apartment complex?

Looks like she was booked in April for "MISD COMM." - anyone know what that is? I think the MISD probably means misdemeanor but am unsure about the "COMM."

1652056854067.png

The Cottages where she was taken is a student apartment complex, these generally have working security cams. Also, if I'm not mistaken both her personal Uber acct and the driver's would show if she got back in the car, right? Are they having trouble locating the Uber driver? I realize this is just a couple of days ago so probably not enough time yet to request and receive records from Uber itself

Edit to add: also, who saw her last at the apartments and why would they not know if she got back in the car? Weird.

Last edited:
Looks like she was booked in April for "MISD COMM." - anyone know what that is? I think the MISD probably means misdemeanor but am unsure about the "COMM."

View attachment 342973
I Googled and it said it probably stands for misdemeanor commitment.

I wonder what data they have from Uber - do they have her ride request, that she initially intended to go to that apartment complex? Or do they just have that she paid for an uber, and the driver supplied that information? Why would she be going to that apartment complex?
Perhaps she lives at that apartment complex? I find it a bit odd that she would go out on a weekday, does she have a job? Was it some sort of special event?

I Googled and it said it probably stands for misdemeanor commitment.
Likely stands for "commission". That being said - there are no records of charges in the Washington County Court Records other than a traffic-related one 10 years ago BUT there is a notice on the county court website that it's having some intermittent issues so you might want to check it later. Circuit Clerk | Washington County, AR

Likely stands for "commission". That being said - there are no records of charges in the Washington County Court Records other than a traffic-related one 10 years ago BUT there is a notice on the county court website that it's having some intermittent issues so you might want to check it later. Circuit Clerk | Washington County, AR
Those intermittent issues on AOC Court Connect are more to do with pages not loading and not information missing.

The disclaimer on the site says to refresh the page if you have issues. All the info is there the site/server is having issues and this alert has been up for a few months now. Just keep refreshing the page if you get an error and the page will eventually load.

ADMIN NOTE

Websleuths welcomes new members who have joined because of Shelby Radcliffe. If you are a friend or family, we are very sorry for these very difficult circumstances.

Websleuths is a fact-based discussion board. We do not allow rumors. Anything members post MUST be substantiated by a direct link to that info in mainstream media (MSM) or by law enforcement (LE). If you can’t link it, you can’t post it. Posts that do so are subject to removal.

However, IF you have inside knowledge of this case, and would like to share what you know to be true here without substantiating links, you must be approved as a Verified Insider. Otherwise, anything you post, and any replies to it, is subject to removal. The Verified Insider Process is explained here:

Members who reply to UNverified insider posts will also have their posts removed. Responding to those initial violating posts results in a larger cleanup for moderators. PLEASE REPORT THOSE QUESTIONABLE POSTS INSTEAD. We do not want to dishonor victims and disrespect their loved ones by adding to the pain they have been enduring as a result of these cases.

THANK YOU for caring about Shelby and those who are missing.

Perhaps she lives at that apartment complex? I find it a bit odd that she would go out on a weekday, does she have a job? Was it some sort of special event?
The University of Arkansas campus is right next door (1/2 block or less?) to the "entertainment district" commonly called Dickson Street. It is party time every day and every night for students on Dickson Street. Many an Arkansan kid fresh out of high school has gone to the far nw corner of the state to attend ASU & ended up back home on the farm in a semester or two due to partying. Lol. I am def not an insider on this case & know nothing about it at all but ASU is one of my alma maters & although I haven't lived in that state for years, I still have close connections there. So far with what's been published, her movements seem about average for Dickson Street and normally wouldn't raise an eyebrow except she unfortunately turned up missing.

The University of Arkansas campus is right next door (1/2 block or less?) to the "entertainment district" commonly called Dickson Street. It is party time every day and every night for students on Dickson Street. Many an Arkansan kid fresh out of high school has gone to the far nw corner of the state to attend ASU & ended up back home on the farm in a semester or two due to partying. Lol. I am def not an insider on this case & know nothing about it at all but ASU is one of my alma maters & although I haven't lived in that state for years, I still have close connections there. So far with what's been published, her movements seem about average for Dickson Street and normally wouldn't raise an eyebrow except she unfortunately turned up missing.

I agree. Dickson St is usually buzzing with college students even on weeknights. It’s a popular place for locals and those visiting Fayetteville.

To add (just to avoid getting mixed up/confused…)
University of AR (U of A) is located there in Fayetteville
Arkansas State (ASU) is located in Jonesboro opposite corner of the state

I agree. Dickson St is usually buzzing with college students even on weeknights. It’s a popular place for locals and those visiting Fayetteville.

To add (just to avoid getting mixed up/confused…)
University of AR (U of A) is located there in Fayetteville
Arkansas State (ASU) is located in Jonesboro opposite corner of the state
Oops, and thank you so much for spotting that. I see I started with UofA then later reverted to ASU (where I later taught). It's almost a time worn AR tradition, hah. A UoA esteemed professor once told me "finish your degree, carry a briefcase, & stay 50 miles away from campus & anyone can pass as an expert in AR". It still makes me laugh.

I’m surprised there is not more information coming out, considering she was out and about (and with at least one friend) the evening she went missing. Usually there is more online chatter and speculation. Makes me wonder if the police and family/friends already have a decent idea about what happened, and are intentionally keeping things quiet in an effort not to tip anyone off.

yeah that makes sense but the news articles make it sound like she was just visiting

Ratliff was dropped off by a rideshare service at a friend's apartment off Beechwood Ave.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01
Back