AR AR - Shequenia Burnett (dec'd), & Terkessa Wallace, 34, N Little Rock, 10 Jan 2014

I read somewhere that decomp happens the fastest in fresh water and river water is fresh.
That is what I've been reading, too. Either she was kept alive this entire time, or there was clothing or something else that made them think it was a mannequin. However, I really don't see this as possible since they said there was a pink shoe on the foot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

That is what I've been reading, too. Either she was kept alive this entire time, or there was clothing or something else that made them think it was a mannequin. However, I really don't see this as possible since they said there was a pink shoe on the foot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I hate to type this, or frozen.

Shequenia has recently been added to NAMUS: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original
Original

Circumstances of Disappearance
The subject was last seen on 01/09/2014 in North Little Rock, AR. On 12/05/2015 the subject's leg was discovered floating in the Arkansas River near Little Rock, AR.

Here’s a new article explaining how the two were connected:

Unsolved - Shequenia Burnett and Terkessa Wallace | thv11.com

36-year-old Shequenia Burnett and 34-year-old Terkessa Wallace shared their childhood as close friends, growing up together and sharing their lives.

Police didn't connect the cases initially, but then after subpoenaing the phone records, there was evidence of the two women communicating just before they disappeared.

Detective Gary Jones said he believes they were together. "They were pinging off the same tower," he said.

The two called and texted each leading up to their disappearance. Then suddenly, nothing.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
This is by far one of the strangest cases I've seen. Her leg was found in the Arkansas River nearly two years after she went missing, but she's still listed as a missing person in NamUs. I guess it's possible that she's still alive, just missing a leg, but I haven't seen anything stating that one way or another.
The main question I have is how 'old' the leg was when it was found. Did Shequenia lose her leg around the time she went missing, or much later? What condition was the leg in? Could the ME tell if it was dismembered, she lost it in an accident, or if it detached due to postmortem disarticulation in water?
There's not much information on her NamUs page, but I found this article from shortly after her leg was found: Leg found in river connected to double missing persons case | KATV
She allegedly went missing along with another woman, Terkessa Wallace. I haven't been able to find anything about the actual circumstances of their disappearance, other than that Wallace's car is also missing.

This immediately made me think of the Shirley Kassel/Buena Vista Leg Doe case. Kassel's leg was discovered in a lake, and some time later the rest of her body was found in her car at the bottom of the lake. No foul play; she crashed her car into the lake and her leg separated due to disarticulation. Maybe the two women were together in Wallace's car when they crashed into the river? I'm not familiar with the area so I have no idea if the Arkansas river is deep enough to hide an entire car, especially since it seems like the entire area was searched pretty thoroughly after the leg was found.

Sorry for the rambling, and this is all IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back