Are the Latest Fraud Charges a Bargaining Chip?

These charges are not a bargaining chip. I believe Casey will be arrested for them sometime today and I also believe once they have her in custody and under the complete control of law enforcement she will be arrested for another much more serious charge. Last night on Nancy Grace it was announced that all searches for Caylee have been called off. There is a reason for that.

I believe all charges, fraud, child neglect, future homicide charges are under the control of the DA and that is who I am talking about using the charges as a bargaining chip.

imo even if Casey was going down for 1 year of lock up in general population, she would be wise to make a deal. She would be dead meat as soon as she entered. Other inmates would work her over until they did get the truth and after that they'd finish her off. At the jail I work at, the women are worse than the men.
Would they continue to protect and isolate her if she's sentenced for the fraud charges? Some states such as Az are known for not giving that kind of protection for some crimes such as sexual abuse etc.

VB

I'm not sure if this is possible in the state of Florida but I read on another forum that since these were crimes against the elderly that another Florida resident could start the process of filing charges against Casey in the case of her stealing from her grandparents. This site was also referenced in the other forum: http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf...60FD9BD8FA71A5B185256CD1005EE5C5?OpenDocument
I'm not a Florida resident but perhaps someone else reading this could make a few calls.

I don't think Protective Custody will be a issue with KC. PC status mostly applies to youthful offenders sentenced as an adults, Sex Offenders or former LE.

Concurrent sentences are those that run all at the same. Hope this helps

Don't they usually have the convicted person serve concurrent sentences if the charges are the same? My nephew is serving concurrent time for two identical drug charges. (Not that I agree with that.)

I believe all charges, fraud, child neglect, future homicide charges are under the control of the DA and that is who I am talking about using the charges as a bargaining chip.

Well the fraud charges could be way beyond the DA to a bigger and better "federal" agency..we shall see...if I were a betting woman I would venture to guess some of this will be beyond the DA.

I'm not sure if this is possible in the state of Florida but I read on another forum that since these were crimes against the elderly that another Florida resident could start the process of filing charges against Casey in the case of her stealing from her grandparents. This site was also referenced in the other forum: http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf...60FD9BD8FA71A5B185256CD1005EE5C5?OpenDocument
I'm not a Florida resident but perhaps someone else reading this could make a few calls.

In Florida the State Attorney can prosecute case as long as a police report has been taken. No victim is needed to file charges. The state can run with the charges and prosecute.

Don't they usually have the convicted person serve concurrent sentences if the charges are the same? My nephew is serving concurrent time for two identical drug charges. (Not that I agree with that.)

That is at the judges discretion. We have had judges in Florida run Consecutive sentences (run one after the other). For example, say that you are convicted of three crimes with sentences of 5, 5, and 5 years. If the sentences are run concurrently, you would get out in 5 years less good time. If the sentences run consecutively, you would get out in 15 years (5+5+5) less good time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1
Back