Are the Ramseys involved or not?

• The Ramseys are somehow involved in the crime and/or cover-up

Votes: 883 75.3%
  • The Ramseys are not involved at all in the crime or cover-up

Votes: 291 24.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh crud ... gotta go .... would love to carry on tomorrow .. if that's cool with you?

Another "ringing" endorsement! I apologize but I totally lost all respect for both those men during the OJ criminal trial. I think they both had a hand in helping a murderer walk.

I get you.

Scheck actually has some experience in a case like this. By that I mean he knows firsthand how a case like this is usually solved.

You're right .. I didn't ask for a dissertation on the news.

Easy, weasel. I've been pretty accomodating this afternoon.

The fact is, Thomas and his publishers settled the suit rather than go to court and prove their accusations.

Yeah, and given some of the other things that have come up, I have to wonder why. He doesn't come off very well in my book. Compared to a lot of other people, though...

You're also exactly right about the R's suing him for what he said about THEM.

Which changes NOTHING about the GJ.

Accusations that he could not back up in a court of law.

The way I heard it, he just couldn't pay the court expenses. No shock there.

From what I have read about Thomas, he doesn't seem like the type to back down easily. He seems so convinced that he's right .... then why not prove it in civil court where the burden of proof is much easier?

Weasel, I've asked myself that same question for a very long time. He ISN'T the kind to back down easily, from what I know of him. Something just isn't right, here. I have this Godfather Part 2 image in my head, you know?

Oh crud ... gotta go .... would love to carry on tomorrow .. if that's cool with you?

No sweat.

In 2006, a grand Juror went public, offering more insight into the workings of the Grand Jury. This juror, who shall remain nameless since she is not a public figure, said that when the coroner made his presentation and the autopsy photos were viewed, none of the Grand Jurors could believe that a mother could do that to her child. She seemed to suggest that as a mother herself, she went into the proceedings feeling that way.
..that was one NAIVE GJ! and I've always wondered if that was part of the problem.

You're right .. I didn't ask for a dissertation on the news. The fact is, Thomas and his publishers settled the suit rather than go to court and prove their accusations. You're also exactly right about the R's suing him for what he said about THEM. Accusations that he could not back up in a court of law. From what I have read about Thomas, he doesn't seem like the type to back down easily. He seems so convinced that he's right .... then why not prove it in civil court where the burden of proof is much easier?

What I find more interesting and most telling is that the R's never sued Dr.Cyril Wecht for his book "Who killed JonBenet Ramsey?" .

What I find more interesting and most telling is that the R's never sued Dr.Cyril Wecht for his book "Who killed JonBenet Ramsey?" .
..yes,I wonder that,too(!),because he named John as being the killer.

1. Did Patsy go to great expense to have a life size doll of JB made for Christmas, and JB did not like it? (Patsy
seemed to be easely offended.)

2.John and Patsy knowing the JB wet the bed, would
just place her sleeping into her bed? (That does not make sense.)

3.When White and John were searching the basement and
White went to look into the room where JB was later found,
he was told by John, never mind that room is not use.(Does anyone recall this?)

4.Changing JB clothes before the LE came then placing her on the living room floor VS placing her on the couch or holding her seems very cold.

5.Now that Patsy is gone, would her med. records from
her Psychiatrist be opened to LE?

6.The family had been a Christmas party before this all happened...would LE be able to find out if either of
the parents had been drinking? With Patsy expecially
because I believe she was on med. that would not go well with alcohol.

7.The photos of JB shown recently, make me cringe. Even through she won alot of her beauty contest, at her age
it was not a choice but a command. It seemed that Patsy
was living her unfulfilled dream through JB. JB was
suppose to be the "perfect little girl" instead of the
precious young child who just needed love and protection.

Mind Student

I think a big point of confusion for some people new to the case but who have been following the Caylee case is that they believe LE had the same access to gathering evidence in both.

In fact, the DAs office refused to assist LE in Boulder to do many very elementary search warrants, such as allowing them to pull phone records (SuperDave did they ever get access to any phone records at all?) which in the Anthony case has been one of the most publicized elements. Anybody can now access KCs cell phone 'pings' and have a good idea of where she was during the days in question.

Even with the DAs office hamstringing them and not cooperating with what other LE agencies would consider givens, Boulder PD built a pretty solid case. What I am afraid of is that once it becomes apparent where the evidence leads and the length to which the DAs office impaired the investigation this new investigation will get dropped on some flimsy excuse.

Just my opinion, of course.

Semantics?

But within the IDI theories, why can't the previous sexual abuse be unrelated to the murder of JBR that night?

hmmm ....

I know why.*
*smirk,

2 points intertwined in 'The defense of the Ramseys'.

but .... seems odd to negate the opinions of experts, even if you attribute no validity to the various Ransom note analysis that point to PR.

I think a big point of confusion for some people new to the case but who have been following the Caylee case is that they believe LE had the same access to gathering evidence in both.

In fact, the DAs office refused to assist LE in Boulder to do many very elementary search warrants, such as allowing them to pull phone records (SuperDave did they ever get access to any phone records at all?) which in the Anthony case has been one of the most publicized elements. Anybody can now access KCs cell phone 'pings' and have a good idea of where she was during the days in question.

Even with the DAs office hamstringing them and not cooperating with what other LE agencies would consider givens, Boulder PD built a pretty solid case. What I am afraid of is that once it becomes apparent where the evidence leads and the length to which the DAs office impaired the investigation this new investigation will get dropped on some flimsy excuse.

Just my opinion, of course.

No. Not just your opinion. Probably shared by many.

I was wondering what this phase will bring.
JR critiques the BPD as inexperienced and arrogant.
And well, with what's been said about the power struggles within the PBD and between PBD and DA .... I wonder what direction this could go .....

Ummmm - it was the Ramseys that always sought out a Settlement with the lawsuits they filed.......

They never went after Wendy Murphy, either.

Yeah, the two are not even close.

PrintGal, do you know how the majority of these cases are solved when two people are involved? They're solved by arresting the two, letting them stew in separate jail cells for a while, then giving each of them the 3rd degree until one of them turns on the other in exchange for immunity. That's how Lisa Steinberg's murder was solved. Hedda Nusbaum confessed, got immunity, and sent her murdering husband Joel to get a striped suntan. The Boulder cops WANTED to do just that. The DA shot them down. Said it was too "police state-ish."

If they did find them, I know nothing of it! And it wasn't just that the DA's office wouldn't do certain things, they were undercutting their own witnesses!

Even with the DAs office hamstringing them and not cooperating with what other LE agencies would consider givens, Boulder PD built a pretty solid case.

Scott Peterson got sent away with less.

What I am afraid of is that once it becomes apparent where the evidence leads and the length to which the DAs office impaired the investigation this new investigation will get dropped on some flimsy excuse.

I fear you're right.

Semantics?

But within the IDI theories, why can't the previous sexual abuse be unrelated to the murder of JBR that night?

hmmm ....

I know why.*
*smirk,

I think the better point is "why couldn't an intruder have gotten to her previously?"

but .... seems odd to negate the opinions of experts, even if you attribute no validity to the various Ransom note analysis that point to PR.

Odd is not the word for it.

Another disparity between the Caylee case and the JonBenet case is the obvious bias of the media. Most media outlets jumped cheerfully on the KC is guilty bandwagon, and all the emerging evidence is pointing that way. But nearly every television program featuring the JonBenet case has been very biased towards IDI, to the point of telling blatant untruths to support their stance. What gives? During the recent coverage of the JB investigation being turned back over to the police most of the announcers made sure to point out that the Ramseys had been "fully exonerated." Pardon me, but a letter and an apology from Mary Lacy is in no way official exoneration. It is still merely her opinion. Yet people (yes, you, CNN) are acting as though it is gospel. If Mary Lacy wrote a letter exonerating KC would that change anyone's opinion?

Yes. Why hasn't JR taken any action?, post exhoneration.
I don't know,SD,what do you think? Does he just not want to call attention to this book,anymore than necessary?It appears an easy one to dispute,given it seems Wecht did not have access to all the evidence,ie-the garrote was not a functioning one at that,so could not have been used for the purpose he said it did.

Another disparity between the Caylee case and the JonBenet case is the obvious bias of the media. Most media outlets jumped cheerfully on the KC is guilty bandwagon, and all the emerging evidence is pointing that way. But nearly every television program featuring the JonBenet case has been very biased towards IDI, to the point of telling blatant untruths to support their stance. What gives?

PrintGal, explaining the media in regards to this case would take more time than we have.

During the recent coverage of the JB investigation being turned back over to the police most of the announcers made sure to point out that the Ramseys had been "fully exonerated." Pardon me, but a letter and an apology from Mary Lacy is in no way official exoneration. It is still merely her opinion. Yet people (yes, you, CNN) are acting as though it is gospel. If Mary Lacy wrote a letter exonerating KC would that change anyone's opinion?

She'd DO it, too!

JMO8778 said:
I don't know,SD,what do you think? Does he just not want to call attention to this book,anymore than necessary?

Yes, I do. Ever since Patsy Ramsey died, the Ramsey propaganda blitz has taken a nosedive. But that figures. If you ever watch the interviews the Ramseys did, you can see how uncomfortable John looks on camera. Patsy was the one throwing herself at the media, always seeking the attention. As Michael Kane said, "she loved being the mother of a dead beauty queen." John is completely different. I think he is now doing what he always wanted to do: keeping a low profile hoping this will all blow over, WHICH, ironically, is exactly what the "RST" claims a guilty person would do. HMMMM.

It appears an easy one to dispute,given it seems Wecht did not have access to all the evidence,ie-the garrote was not a functioning one at that,so could not have been used for the purpose he said it did.

Even I have to admit that Wecht would be an easy target. But then, he has a lot more money to his name than a retired policeman, now doesn't he?

It's not just Wecht. Wendy Murphy practically DARED them to take a shot at her, and nothing!

SUPERDAVE

Dr. Wecht has been in allot of trouble here in Sixburgh. He does not have that great reputation here as he does over the nation.........
IMO, Wecht claimed my neighbor did suicide when it was VERY clear she was MURDERED!!! long story........

I'd like to see another NEW forensic coroner to check things again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname