Arias continues giving interviews to the media

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/jodi-a...ury-deliberates-on-death-penalty1369318972644

Watch from 4:12pm on... she is asked about the supposed moment that the day turned deadly... she says that it took "minutes" for the situation to heat up (I'm paraphrasing here). Totally different than what they said in court that it was immediate when she dropped the camera. Supposedly the most crucial moment of her life, and she can't even keep that part of the story straight. Notice the big "gulp" she does after she says it too. Snake.

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/jodi-a...ury-deliberates-on-death-penalty1369318972644

Watch from 4:12pm on... she is asked about the supposed moment that the day turned deadly... she says that it took "minutes" for the situation to heat up (I'm paraphrasing here). Totally different than what they said in court that it was immediate when she dropped the camera. Supposedly the most crucial moment of her life, and she can't even keep that part of the story straight. Notice the big "gulp" she does after she says it too. Snake.

Not only that, but does this coincide with the timeline evidence? We have the picture of the camera dropping, and then the clock starts...

Not only that, but does this coincide with the timeline evidence? We have the picture of the camera dropping, and then the clock starts...

No, it certainly does not.

The accidental ceiling shot is at 5:31:14.
The pic of her dragging him with pant leg/neck blood is at 5:32:16

The infamous 62 seconds.

In one of her interviews Jodi claims the jury betrayed her. If only the jury could have knowledge of her feelings toward them. If they could, we wouldn't still be waiting for a death verdict, would we?

As a former newspaper reporter, I am mostly interested in Jodi's interviews not by listening to her, but watching and listening to the reporters. I get the feeling they cannot believe what they are hearing or seeing.

One of my firsts questions to her would be to ask her to list the "shady" things she claims Jaun did in prosecuting her. She made that statement during her first interview follow her guilty verdict. I have a stong feeling she would be able to come up with a few of them. All lies of course.

I would also during the interview, point out a smudge on her face while we were talking. I know that would throw her for a loop. Then I would ask if she wanted to use my mascara. I would probably get up and walk out before she finished talking, or take a phone call during the interview.

jmo

I haven't had time to watch all her interviews. Has anyone ever asked her what she did that Travis said she betrayed him and he was going to tell?

Hi, I've been reading along for a while now.

Cannot believe this murderess. I only hope that her words can be used against her when the time comes for sentencing.

All I can think of with her putting her make-up on for an interview is the movie Sunset Blvd!

"All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up " :jail:

Good gravy, my heart breaks for the Alexander family.

Interviews:

AzCentral: Michael Kiefer & friend http://www.azcentral.com/12news/arti...entencing.html
NBC: Diana Alvear http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nbc-news/51968875
ABC: Ryan Owens http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi...hater-19231549
ABC15: Amy Murphy http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...-death-penalty
FNC: Troy Hayden http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/22...ore-sentencing

Then there's this one with The Associated Press we haven't seen yet:

Arias said she wanted at least three people called as witnesses who could have testified to having seen bruises on her neck "when I was choked out" by Alexander but she said she was rebuffed by her lawyers. The prosecutor insisted her self-defense claims were an exaggerated attempt to avoid being convicted.

She said her lawyers "felt a little betrayed" and blindsided by her post-conviction interview but that they gave their blessings for Tuesday night's interviews, warning her to be cautious.

Arias said she sometimes wishes she'd never met Alexander, "just because of how ultimately everything ended and I say that for his sake and mine — not just a selfish thing."

She said if the attack never occurred and she never crossed paths with the victim, she would likely now be a happily married 32-year-old with children, good finances and a successful wedding photography business.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/crim...tml?c=y&page=2

My God she is so full of herself! A mother...just the thought of that makes me shudder. And if there were 3 people that could attest to the fact she had bruises her poor DT would have called them.

One good thing about the Re-Do is her DT will call mitigation witnesses and then Juan can work his magic and yank bad things about Jodi out of 'em.

One of the HLN shows mentioned a possible agreement to give CKJA a life term with out parole and take the DP off the table... I bet if that were offered she'd turn it down in a heartbeat. SHE wants all the cameras and all the press attention solely on her and screw the fact Travis' family has to do this again. Lord I despise her.

I LOL when Jodi said in the interview that she was very "INCUBATED" in jail! (In response to questions about the reaction of the public to the guilty verdict.)

I think the high school drop out inmate with the 138 verbal ability IQ score meant to say "INSULATED". ROFLMAO! :floorlaugh:

I'd love to throw her in a test tube and Incubate her with Mad Cow Disease and just to be mean, the contents of 2 overflowing septic tanks. Suck on that CKJA!

Interviews:

AzCentral: Michael Kiefer & friend http://www.azcentral.com/12news/arti...entencing.html
NBC: Diana Alvear http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nbc-news/51968875
ABC: Ryan Owens http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi...hater-19231549
ABC15: Amy Murphy http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...-death-penalty
FNC: Troy Hayden http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/22...ore-sentencing

Then there's this one with The Associated Press we haven't seen yet:

Arias said she wanted at least three people called as witnesses who could have testified to having seen bruises on her neck "when I was choked out" by Alexander but she said she was rebuffed by her lawyers. The prosecutor insisted her self-defense claims were an exaggerated attempt to avoid being convicted.

She said her lawyers "felt a little betrayed" and blindsided by her post-conviction interview but that they gave their blessings for Tuesday night's interviews, warning her to be cautious.

Arias said she sometimes wishes she'd never met Alexander, "just because of how ultimately everything ended and I say that for his sake and mine — not just a selfish thing."

She said if the attack never occurred and she never crossed paths with the victim, she would likely now be a happily married 32-year-old with children, good finances and a successful wedding photography business.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/crim...tml?c=y&page=2

I think she'd be back waiting on tables, mooching off someone else...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And don't we think it is really, really, really ironic that Jodi claims women who are victims of DV should document everything as if that would be the most important advice to give to a victim. I would think getting yourself away from the person would be their number one priority not documenting it in case you have to kill the person three times over. I can't believe she said that. It's as if she is saying she should have put that in her journal in order to make the DV seem as if it really occurred.

My God she is so full of herself! A mother...just the thought of that makes me shudder. And if there were 3 people that could attest to the fact she had bruises her poor DT would have called them.

One good thing about the Re-Do is her DT will call mitigation witnesses and then Juan can work his magic and yank bad things about Jodi out of 'em.

One of the HLN shows mentioned a possible agreement to give CKJA a life term with out parole and take the DP off the table... I bet if that were offered she'd turn it down in a heartbeat. SHE wants all the cameras and all the press attention solely on her and screw the fact Travis' family has to do this again. Lord I despise her.
Don't worry, it'll never happen, Juan will never agree to it. Also the Alexanders want Death. This is a Death Penalty case if there ever were one. I don't understand people who only agree to it for terrorists and serial killers. Jodi would be a serial killer had she not gotten caught so fast. Her crime was vicious, overkill 3x!!!
I think she was even more heinous than Wendi Andriano who murderer her husband with cancer.
It occurred to me over the weekend, a fresh jury won't have juror fatigue wanting to get out of there, and won't have "bonded" with Jodi the way the talking heads on HLN love to go on about, and Juan will have tightened up his case. Hopefully he'll end with her statement about begging for the Death Penalty.

It's interesting to me that:

- Had the jury unanimously voted for life, people say they would have been fine with that (as long as the jury decided something).

- But the jury didn't, which means Arias could still get the DP, but people are furious about that, even though they really, really, really want her to get the DP.

- A new jury could then give her the DP, which is what many people say they want. But they're still angry.

- If a 2nd jury can't decide then it's up to the judge, who will surely give her LWOP (and no way will she get parole).

But people are soooo angry.

Even though JA will end up in the same prison, with most of the same restrictions, for the rest of her life. And I guess it's okay if a jury decides a life sentence, but it's not okay if it's the judge who (has to) decide.

But in the end it's pretty much the same. Still a chance at the DP, but if not, LWOP.

The anger seems to be about who is deciding and when. Even though she's going to the same exact place and under similar conditions either way.

Frankly it defies logic to me. As long as she is forever in prison (which she will be) and under the control of the AZ DOC (which she will be) and has zero chance of ever getting out (which is what she will have) she will die in prison one way or the other. It could be by lethal injection, it could be through natural causes, it could be through some other means, she could get sick...there are a myriad of ways, but die in prison, she will, 100% chance.

And yet...not good enough.

The anger is because the Alexanders have to go through all of this again.

The anger is because the Alexanders have to go through all of this again.

They don't. There's one thing being determined and that's if she gets the DP or not. That's it. The guilt phase is over. She will never again be a free woman because no judge will ever allow her to have parole; they just won't.

So either way she's going to Perryville. And even if this jury had given the Alexander's the sentence they wanted at this time (the DP), the Alexander's will still never get over this loss. There is no such thing as "closure." They will always miss and grieve for Travis. Always. The sharpness of the pain may dull a little over time, but that's it. There is no possible sentence that will take away their pain. That's the reality of such a loss.

Think of all the murdered people whose killers were never caught, whose families have no resolution at all, there is no trial because the perp is still out there. Think of the families who don't even have the body of their loved one. The Alexanders are much further down the road than many others--the killer of their loved one has been caught, has been successfully prosecuted, and will die in prison with 100% certainty.

When I put it all in perspective, I don't see the travesty of justice that others claim. Justice has not been denied, not at all. Sentencing has been delayed; justice was not denied.

They don't. There's one thing being determined and that's if she gets the DP or not. That's it. The guilt phase is over. She will never again be a free woman because no judge will ever allow her to have parole; they just won't.

So either way she's going to Perryville. And even if this jury had given the Alexander's the sentence they wanted at this time (the DP), the Alexander's will still never get over this loss. There is no such thing as "closure." They will always miss and grieve for Travis. Always. The sharpness of the pain may dull a little over time, but that's it. There is no possible sentence that will take away their pain. That's the reality of such a loss.

Think of all the murdered people whose killers were never caught, whose families have no resolution at all, there is no trial because the perp is still out there. Think of the families who don't even have the body of their loved one. The Alexanders are much further down the road than many others--the killer of their loved one has been caught, has been successfully prosecuted, and will die in prison with 100% certainty.

When I put it all in perspective, I don't see the travesty of justice that others claim. Justice has not been denied, not at all. Sentencing has been delayed; justice was not denied.
This is your perspective, but for them, they want her sentenced to death. That will be the final justice for them, and maybe some closure. Nothing will bring Travis back so this is it for them. They don't want her to die in prison of natural causes and get all of the perks Life in prison (and staying in jail vs. prison-like the interviews) affords those over those on Death Row. This is justice delayed, and it's on Jodi's apparent timetable, like delaying court because she didn't eat, so she got a migraine.
Scott Peterson isn't getting this kind of attention...

This is your perspective, but for them, they want her sentenced to death. That will be the final justice for them, and maybe some closure. Nothing will bring Travis back so this is it for them. They don't want her to die in prison of natural causes and get all of the perks Life in prison affords those over those on Death Row. This is justice delayed, and it's on Jodi's apparent timetable, like delaying court because she didn't eat, so she got a migraine.

But people SAID they would have been just fine with whatever this jury decided, as long as they decided. That could have been life! This way they at least get one more shot at a possible DP sentence, something they would not have in other states. That's what I don't understand--people angry that the jury didn't make a unanimous decision--but that decision could have just as easily been for life, which would have been a unanimous decision (that so many claim they want), but not the outcome so many want. Do you see the irony in that?

The DP is not guaranteed. The Alexander family may get it and may not get it; at least they have a 2nd chance for that. And they will live with whatever the outcome is and will have to seek 'closure' as you say, which I believe is not going to happen either way because loved ones of murder victims don't ever feel what we call "closure."

But people SAID they would have been just fine with whatever this jury decided, as long as they decided. That could have been life! This way they at least get one more shot at a possible DP sentence, something they would not have in other states. That's what I don't understand--people angry that the jury didn't make a unanimous decision--but that decision could have just as easily been for life, which would have been a unanimous decision (that so many claim they want), but not the outcome so many want. Do you see the irony in that?

The DP is not guaranteed. The Alexander family may get it and may not get it; at least they have a 2nd chance for that. And they will live with whatever the outcome is and will have to seek 'closure' as you say, which I believe is not going to happen either way because loved ones of murder victims don't ever feel what we call "closure."
I'm not sure what people you're referring to. I personally won't be satisfied with less than the Death Penalty for her. My only consolation right now is that she doesn't get to get out of jail and a new jury won't be fatigued and making a decision just to get out of there. The other part to the agony of waiting is the burden on the Alexanders. Having to continue to travel from Calif. to AZ- a six hour drive if you drive, or having to pay for plane fare and housing costs for a hotel, time away from their jobs and small children. They need this ordeal over with for now so that they can get on with their everyday lives and go through the grieving process they've been denied...

We have no (and I mean zero) control over any of it. She's already been convicted of M1. To me that's like winning a $1M dollar lottery but then being really angry that I didn't win $5M or $10M because gosh darn it....someone did!

If you haven't seen the multitude of posts claiming to have only wanted a jury's unanimous decision (regardless of what that decision was), then you must be skipping many threads as there were hundreds of posts clamoring for that and disappointed that the jury couldn't make a decision on something.

For those who insist ONLY a DP sentence can be the right/true/proper sentence, well...good luck because it is not as easy to get as some imagine, certainly not a slam dunk, and while it is possible, there's no guarantee that's what will happen.

We have no (and I mean zero) control over any of it. She's already been convicted of M1. To me that's like winning a $1M dollar lottery but then being really angry that I didn't win $5M or $10M because gosh darn it....someone did!

If you haven't seen the multitude of posts claiming to have only wanted a jury's unanimous decision (regardless of what that decision was), then you must be skipping many threads as there were hundreds of posts clamoring for that and disappointed that the jury couldn't make a decision on something.

For those who insist ONLY a DP sentence can be the right/true/proper sentence, well...good luck because it is not as easy to get as some imagine, certainly not a slam dunk, and while it is possible, there's no guarantee that's what will happen.

Madeleine, I applaud your posts standing up my friend. Seriously, you rock. When the search for justice becomes blind lust for revenge, justice gets lost. IMHO, moo. Yada yada yada.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hachiko304
Back