Ariel Castro: Convicted Cleveland kidnapper/rapist found dead in cell

I wonder if he committed suicide because he likely had secrets in which there were more victims. :stormingmad:

Not shedding a tear for him. Ariel Castro has been shown the exit door. :great: :rockon:

Run free and live young ladies. He is gone for good !

Is it wrong to be happy about this? Sigh. Then I'll be wrong, I suppose. I'm happy at this news.

Best-
Herding Cats

Ahhh the air smells a little sweeter in Ohio this morning

Okay.. I won't be the popular poster today, But here goes.

While this man was a monster in life, I still have to wonder what made him that way. I have compassion for who he was before he turned to this chaotic tornado of destruction.
I always wonder what makes someone go to these kinds of dark places.

I wonder, Ifhe killed himself out of deliberateness to hurt or because he could not take the shame of what he has done..

I know, I know.. So WHAT!!??? right??

I just have always been confused by how a person becomes someone that could take another life, Hurt people with deliberation and turn into a monster.

I always hope that some how some way by them staying alive we find an answer to that.
I never feel that WOOHOO feeling when someone dies. Even the criminals.. Well maybe a little when Bin Laden and Sadam went down because they were mass murderers, but I often wonder, how do people get this way.

I am curious about what the victims say, Whether it will bring them relief or more pain? I do think that it may be better for the baby born out of this horror. Who knows what he would have done to keep connected to her.

Again, It is not that I am sad for him as a man, Just the human that was before. If that makes sense.

LOL I used to be like you. Sometimes I miss that.

AC claimed to have been abused when he was a child. But instead of empathizing with the victims, instead he emulated his abuser. At some point an adult has to take responsibility for his/her own actions. He had to quit blaming what he did on his abuser. He claimed to have a sex addiction. He claimed to be addicted to *advertiser censored*. He claimed to regret that. Yet there is no record of him seeking out counseling for any of it. There is no record of him ever trying to change.

As far as remorse, he was incarcerated for a period of time after the girls rescue, until the trial. He was in isolation for a period of time. So he had opportunity to think to make the comparisons. Yet when he stood up in court to speak, his story was the girls got into his car voluntarily, they had a 'happy' home, and sometimes the girls asked for sex. He claimed remorse for his addictions to sex, but not for kidnapping torturing and raping the girls. Not for forcing Michelle to miscarry.

So using AC's own logic, he pleaded guilty. So he went to prison voluntarily. He wasn't beaten, raped, starved or tortured. And he couldn't even handle a quarter of what he put those girls through.

Yes I would like to believe that in the end he felt remorse. But seeing his brand of "remorse" in court leads me to believe he probably died blaming someone for his predicament. Probably the girls. Killing himself was probably supposed to punish them.

What a lily livered coward--yet he does save the costs of housing for years and I am not the least bit sad that he is dead. But, I admit I did want revenge.

Why do these prisoners even have sheets? That is a no brainer!

Considering some of the things Castro said in court, as if to defend his actions, his mind was made up that he would get what he wanted. He succeeded! He is no longer in prison, a freedom of sorts for a warped mind!

ETA: changed "said in prison" to "said in court"

It says in the above article that his family learnt about his death from media reports first. Regardless of who he was, that was wrong IMO

It says in the above article that his family learnt about his death from media reports first. Regardless of who he was, that was wrong IMO

Now that I find sad. No matter what he had done, the family apparently never knew. They didn't oppose after they found out. And to them he was a son, a brother, a father. They deserved to hear officially, not through the media.

I wonder if finding out his "happy home" had been torn down was sort of a last straw for him?

Regardless, I'm not exactly sad he's gone. Sad he didn't have to suffer the way the girls did, but I'm glad he's gone. Now he can NEVER bother them again. I have this weird feeling he was sitting in jail scheming ways to contact them, mess with them, etc. Could be wrong... but now we KNOW that won't happen. The young women are truly free now.

This is a real tragedy. He was suppose to sit & think about what he did for years and years.

Though I must admit, time doesn't seem to have any impact on these types.

Why was he not in secure confinement? High profile persons in Australia are kept secure.

He was in secure confinement, and being checked every 30 minutes. Though it looks like somebody wasn't doing their job very well.

"Inmate Ariel Castro was found hanging in his cell this (Tuesday) evening at 9:20 p.m. at the Correctional Reception Center in Orient. He was housed in protective custody which means he was in a cell by himself and rounds are required every 30 minutes at staggered intervals. Upon finding inmate Castro, prison medical staff began performing life saving measures. Shortly after he was transported to OSUMC where he was pronounced dead at 10:52 p.m. A thorough review of this incident is underway and more information can be provided as it becomes available pending the status of the investigation."

I can't help but think its the exposure that did him in. People like this like their uglyness to remain in the darkness, and his is out for all the world to see. He tried so hard in the courtroom to make it sound less ugly, but that was impossible.
Can you imagine standing before God after this?
He'll get his just rewards.

And remember how he kept refusing to open his ugly eyes? His reputation was of utmost importance to him. Like Israel Keyes, he wanted to control what people knew about him.

I suppose that would be pretty hard to keep from the media pending notification.
Prisoners can make phone calls and prison guards have families.

LOL I used to be like you. Sometimes I miss that.

AC claimed to have been abused when he was a child. But instead of empathizing with the victims, instead he emulated his abuser. At some point an adult has to take responsibility for his/her own actions. He had to quit blaming what he did on his abuser. He claimed to have a sex addiction. He claimed to be addicted to *advertiser censored*. He claimed to regret that. Yet there is no record of him seeking out counseling for any of it. There is no record of him ever trying to change.

As far as remorse, he was incarcerated for a period of time after the girls rescue, until the trial. He was in isolation for a period of time. So he had opportunity to think to make the comparisons. Yet when he stood up in court to speak, his story was the girls got into his car voluntarily, they had a 'happy' home, and sometimes the girls asked for sex. He claimed remorse for his addictions to sex, but not for kidnapping torturing and raping the girls. Not for forcing Michelle to miscarry.

So using AC's own logic, he pleaded guilty. So he went to prison voluntarily. He wasn't beaten, raped, starved or tortured. And he couldn't even handle a quarter of what he put those girls through.

Yes I would like to believe that in the end he felt remorse. But seeing his brand of "remorse" in court leads me to believe he probably died blaming someone for his predicament. Probably the girls. Killing himself was probably supposed to punish them.

Yeah, I agree, give me a break. This guy had as much remorse for his victims as Hitler. Perhaps he didn't kill himself until now because he wanted the last word. Which he kind of had in court and shouldn't have had, IMO.

He blamed the victims for getting in his car and the. Tried to justify his behavior. He tried to make himself out to be the good guy. He diminished his victim's intense pain.

He tormented his wife, beating her repeatedly, and continuing his torture after she fled. Then he acquired three new punching bags who couldn't flee. He had ten years to feel remorse. Instead, during that time he committed murder.

In court, he reacted with righteous, naricissitic anger at DeJesuses' relatives when they told him "May God have mercy on your soul.". He chastised them for that comment.

Finally, watching him read his pathetic statement (most of which I refused to actually listen to), he had multiple micro expressions of intense rage, with a vicious, growling and clenched mouth. He was extremely angry to be called out and cast as the villian.

He's a bad guy. He's not complex. He's just a run of the mill predatory murderer and wife beater who found a way to indulge his sick passions without interruption.

Ick.

This is a real tragedy. He was suppose to sit & think about what he did for years and years.

Though I must admit, time doesn't seem to have any impact on these types.

Sit and think about it and enjoy reliving what he did? Glad he's gone.

Snipped for space
He's a bad guy. He's not complex. He's just a run of the mill predatory murderer and wife beater who found a way to indulge his sick passions without interruption.

Ick.
:goodpost:

I'm glad these girls no longer have to share the same planet as their tormenter and they can move on now and truly live in peace with their families.

According to Mike Brooks he was housed presently in the Reception area. Perhaps assessments were still ongoing to determine his permanent housing. Castro was a manipulator. If his plan was to kill himself I'm sure he could/would have kept that well hidden.

I hope his death took a long time, while he suffered and felt fear. good riddance

CLEVELAND - Sources connected to the investigation into his death tell NewsChannel5 Wednesday morning that Ariel Castro committed suicide using a bed sheet.

The Franklin County Coroner’s Office said Castro’s autopsy is complete. They confirmed the cause of death as hanging and manner as suicide.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...astro-hanged-himself-in-prison-with-bed-sheet

Peliman, I'm finding it difficult to have a serious conversation here with that avatar! :biggrin:

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Why do these prisoners even have sheets? That is a no brainer!

Considering some of the things Castro said in court, as if to defend his actions, his mind was made up that he would get what he wanted. He succeeded! He is no longer in prison, a freedom of sorts for a warped mind!

ETA: changed "said in prison" to "said in court"

I say give them all an extra set of sheets.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lcd115
Back