Armchair psych profile and personal background, #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the most traumatizing case I have ever seen. I tried twice to watch the video. The first time, I saw very little because after the first few things, I couldn't open my eyes. The next time, I kept my eyes open, but I still did not "see" very much at all. It was the oddest psychological phenomenon I have ever experienced. The pup being incorporated into the film and the other animal killings was my final straw. Lin Jun seemed like such a nice, innocent man, and I was grateful he appeared to be unconscious, otherwise, I would be in counseling. I'll never attempt to view something like this again. My hat's off to those who could to try and gather helpful evidence. You would think after many years of studying these cases I would grow more hardened, but, no, it's been the opposite.

This was the most traumatizing case I have ever seen. I tried twice to watch the video. The first time, I saw very little because after the first few things, I couldn't open my eyes. The next time, I kept my eyes open, but I still did not "see" very much at all. It was the oddest psychological phenomenon I have ever experienced. The pup being incorporated into the film and the other animal killings was my final straw. Lin Jun seemed like such a nice, innocent man, and I was grateful he appeared to be unconscious, otherwise, I would be in counseling. I'll never attempt to view something like this again. My hat's off to those who could to try and gather helpful evidence. You would think after many years of studying these cases I would grow more hardened, but, no, it's been the opposite.

I have still not watched it and doubt I ever will.

heyyy everyone! Lots of familiar faces from the Rafferty trial and of course those that supported the Staffords. Hi Salem!!! Has anyone seen Suedie?? Is this the start off link for the trial Salem. Jelly will you be linking this thread to the others?? Been away awhile but back for the trial.

Not sure what you mean snoofer. All these threads stand on their own now I think. Maybe Salem or one of the other mods will create a trial thread when it begins? Think it is pencilled in for next year though I wouldn't put money on that.

I was surprised to see this article today on the gay news website Queerty:

Did Crystal Meth Make This Gay *advertiser censored* Star a Killer
http://www./did-crystal-meth-make-this-gay-*advertiser censored*-star-a-killer-20140709

The timing of this article is quite interesting and peculiar to be honest.

Many of those that have been following this from the start might remember that I made a strong case that Magnotta was using meth and heroin before the murder, during the things he did to the corpse and then after getting to France.

Before and During the Killings: Magnotta's irrational behaviour and ramblings are consistent with someone deep into meth.

After doing what he did with the corpse: I'm pretty sure he was shooting heroin to numb himself. Why do I suggest heroin? Magnotta's behavior on the flight were consistent with heroin withdrawal.

In France:
The guy who Magnotta picked up at the bar and went home with indicated that they'd been together for hours and hours (36 I think). All evidence points to Magnotta partying on meth.

Bottom line:
Lot's of people use these toxic substances and almost none of them commit murder and cannibalize another human being.

Wondering why a guy like Luka, who seemed to want everybody to see everything, now wants to draw the curtains?

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/07/21/m...ut-blanket-publication-ban-on-trial-evidence/

"The judge overseeing the trial of alleged murderer Luka Rocco Magnotta has denied a defence motion to limit what media can report on the criminal proceedings.

Magnotta’s lawyer was seeking a publication ban on the reporting of any evidence presented at his client’s murder trial, which begins in September.

Quebec Superior Court Justice Guy Cournoyer denied the motion Monday, ruling there would be no automatic publication ban on all pre-trial motions or a blanket publication ban on evidence at the trial as sought by the defence.

Cournoyer did maintain a publication ban, however, on the reporting of any evidence that is currently being heard or has been heard that could be presented before a jury at the trial.

The motion being presented by Magnotta’s lawyer was described as “pretty unusual” by media lawyer Mark Bantey.

“I’ve never seen a blanket publication ban on the entire contents of a trial,” Bantey told reporters outside the courtroom."

Wondering why a guy like Luka, who seemed to want everybody to see everything, now wants to draw the curtains?

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/07/21/m...ut-blanket-publication-ban-on-trial-evidence/

"The judge overseeing the trial of alleged murderer Luka Rocco Magnotta has denied a defence motion to limit what media can report on the criminal proceedings.

Magnotta’s lawyer was seeking a publication ban on the reporting of any evidence presented at his client’s murder trial, which begins in September.

Quebec Superior Court Justice Guy Cournoyer denied the motion Monday, ruling there would be no automatic publication ban on all pre-trial motions or a blanket publication ban on evidence at the trial as sought by the defence.

Cournoyer did maintain a publication ban, however, on the reporting of any evidence that is currently being heard or has been heard that could be presented before a jury at the trial.

The motion being presented by Magnotta’s lawyer was described as “pretty unusual” by media lawyer Mark Bantey.

“I’ve never seen a blanket publication ban on the entire contents of a trial,” Bantey told reporters outside the courtroom."
Well you saw the updated sketch of his appearance that came out in the last six months; right?

It was obvious to me that without his ProActiv his face would be a mess. But I'm guessing that his "fans" are keeping his commissary account funded because it appears that Magnotta is an emotional eater as evidenced by his new chubby body.

Well you saw the updated sketch of his appearance that came out in the last six months; right?

It was obvious to me that without his ProActiv his face would be a mess. But I'm guessing that his "fans" are keeping his commissary account funded because it appears that Magnotta is an emotional eater as evidenced by his new chubby body.

Oh come on......
Doncha just think he's still fabulous ?? :floorlaugh:

LukaTrialagain.jpg
article-2295978-18C82C27000005DC-260_634x721.jpg

I don't see an original thought in this monster's mind.

He is text book sociopath. Just a blank dull slate with nothing between the ears and no soul in the eyes. He wants a show.

Dr. John Bradford won’t work Magnotta case because of PTSD

One of this country’s top forensic psychiatrists says he will not work on the upcoming trial of alleged killer Luka Rocco Magnotta because he suffers from post traumatic stress disorder, a condition triggered by a career spent absorbing graphic video evidence.

Dr. John Bradford said he never used to believe PTSD was real, but having experienced it, he now recognizes that it is a true medical condition.

“I’m not a skeptic anymore,” he said. “I can tell you it’s real.”

I'm so glad I didn't watch the whole video. omg

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/dr-john-bradford-won-t-work-magnotta-case-because-of-ptsd-1.2571463

Coming to this case late but that makes it no less horrific. I viewed the still shots of the murder/dismemberment of Lin Chun. I will not watch the video bc there is no need. I wonder how Lin Chun's family copes with the knowledge that their child was brutalized in such a cold, vicious manner and the video showing it as it occurred being exposed on the internet. Surely they suffer PTSD, too.

Initially, Luka reminded me of the psychopath Joran van der Slooth; the accused killer of Natalee Holloway in Aruba and convicted killer of a lovely Peruvian lady. [Joran is having a baby this fall with his bride. How outrageous is that?] But no. This evil human, who renamed himself Luka, stands in a class of his own making.

The video I did watch had interviews with the internet detectives who spent eighteen months tracking Luka due to the cat video he posted.

High praises to internet sleuths! :loveyou:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2014/09/06/21922726.html

"MONTREAL -- Jury selection for the Luka Magnotta trial is set to begin on Monday and is expected to take about two weeks.

Fourteen jurors will be selected instead of 12, and due to evidence being both in English and French, Superior Court Justice Guy Cournoyer has said the jurors will need to be fully bilingual.

The courtroom proceedings will be in English, but a number of witnesses will be testifying in French.

The Crown is expected to begin presenting its case Sept. 22, and the trial should last about six to eight weeks."

now i dont know how ypu all feel, but i am pretty excited. i have been waiting for this trial for far too long. i thought after waiting such a long time i might not be interested in the case anymore, but here i am.
may jun lin get justice and the murderer a hard sentence.

Wondering if LM is purposely trying to look like a certain despised historical figure from Germany?

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/09/0...es-to-expect-shocking-and-disturbing-evidence

"Luka Magnotta judge tells jury candidates to expect 'shocking and disturbing' evidence "

"One woman candidate began trembling and crying Monday as soon as she saw Magnotta in the prison's box, flanked by three guards and wearing a navy blue T-shirt. The woman was immediately exempted from jury duty.

Another candidate was excused after telling the court "for me, Magnotta should have been castrated two years ago."

A woman was also sent home after she told the court that she "shared the pain of (Lin's) parents" and worked at Concordia University, where Lin studied engineering.

But a fourth prospective juror was ordered to return to court for possible selection next week despite having closely followed the Magnotta case in the media.

Jury selection could take up to two weeks, in part because the trial will be in English and the 14 jurors will have to be bilingual".

Hi people!

FWIW, I contacted a Mod the other day asking for a new thread for just the trial be set up. We'll see.........

:thinking:

I think he's a sociopath. I don't think I've ever seen anyone as empty and strange as him. I agree with DeDee. He's in a class all his own.

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/09/28/m...-magnotta-set-to-begin-in-montreal-on-monday/

"Magnotta will be represented by Toronto-based attorney Luc Leclair. The lawyer told reporters he was seeking jurors who were open-minded and intelligent and willing to listen to the case.

“He’s (Magnotta) been waiting a long time, I’ve been waiting a long time, we’ve been waiting a long time,” Leclair said on the first day of the jury selection process.

“There was a time that we never thought this day would come.”

Magnotta is a native of Scarborough, Ont., who, according to police, set up dozens of Internet user names and maintained 70 Facebook pages and 20 websites.

The trial is likely to lure plenty of curious onlookers. During the preliminary hearing, the case attracted criminology students, legal junkies and even a handful of people who appeared to support Magnotta.

Proceedings will be heard in a special courtroom equipped with numerous screens and a large metal-and-glass enclosure behind which Magnotta will sit.

But seating is limited: five spots will be set aside for media and five others for the public. A few other seats are reserved for Lin’s family, including his father Diran, who is in Canada for the trial."

. . it appears that Magnotta is an emotional eater as evidenced by his new chubby body.

Some antipsychotic medications cause weight gain. Olanzapine, for example, is notorious for causing rapid and significant weight gain in the vast majority of people who take it. If LM has a schizophrenia diagnosis, I wonder if the prison can force him to take medication even if he doesn't want to? Since he seems so vain, I can't imagine him voluntarily taking a med that causes obesity, but IF he is taking olanzapine, this would certainly explain his weight gain.

So who is this individual and why was he not targeted by LM?
Do they even know if that person is still alive?

" On Monday, the jury watched video of another individual who went to Magnotta's apartment a week before Lin's slaying.

That person, who has not been identified by investigators, appears in the first 53 seconds of the so-called murder video the jury has not yet seen.

Hamlin said police became aware of the second individual only in March 2013 while studying the contents of a video camera found in the trash.
"
That security video shows a man walking into Magnotta's apartment on May 18, 2012, and leaving the next day, with Magnotta holding his arm to help him down the stairs.

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/magnotta-j...and-jun-lin-first-met-1.2040666#ixzz3FOPmrmbH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500