Armchair psych profile and personal background

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears this was an anonymous tip off that lead to finding this head? Very curious. If it is Lin Jun, then it makes me wonder if someone on the legal team was the tip off person.

The park is used by gays for cruising. It could be someone who noticed something strange but didnt dare to tell till now. Fear of being outed. A lot of 'straight' men with wife and kids use area's like that to have anonymous gay sex.

http://www.cruisinggays.com/montreal...rc-angrignon/#

Since its close to LMs appartment it might be a place he was familair with. He could have turned tricks there. Or just had risky sex there...

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/...-montreal-park-may-belong-lin-jun-alleged-vic

It appears this was an anonymous tip off that lead to finding this head? Very curious. If it is Lin Jun, then it makes me wonder if someone on the legal team was the tip off person.

It's hard to say, but it's not impossible. Since the Homolka / Bernardo video debacle-- where their first lawyer failed to disclose a video of the couples' various crimes-- many law societies "clarified" the ethical obligations of criminal defense lawyers: that such evidence ought to be disclosed, but in a way that also protects the lawyer's client.

One of the ways in which a lawyer can meet his or her obligations-- that is, both the duty to his or her client and the need to disclose evidence to the police-- is to do so anonymously. Thus, the police get the relevant evidence, and there is no obvious link back to the client (the way there would be if the lawyer himself disclosed the evidence).

Yep, its almost like he was honing his skills. Even similarities of his actions right before the kills. He loves on them first a little, then kills. Just crazy. My head is still spinning.

Yeah, no kidding!

I think since he was able to escape any legal repercussions (at least up until this point) for the animal cruelty videos, he truly thought he could, again, implicitly implicate himself (via Internet sock puppets) so he could garner attention as a shocking "cannibal serial killer" while also outsmarting investigators again.

Here is a quote from LRM's email to The Sun--- that pannekoek excellently flagged elsewhere on the forum-- which really reveals a bit about his psychology:

You know, the fun part of all this is watching millions of people get angry and frustrated because they can’t catch me. (…) It’s fun watching people work so hard gathering all the evidence, then not being able to name me or catch me. (…) You see, I always win. I always hold the trump card and I will continue to make more movies. (…) “London is wonderful because all the people are so stupid. It’s easy."

Quoted here: http://www.examiner.com/article/suspected-kitten-killer-turned-murderer-has-been-arrested

Of course, this, and his methodology, is all entirely consistent with his narcissism, pathological lying, and attention seeking. As well as his delusional self-regard about his intelligence and capabilities (all the funny posts by his sock puppets describing his "138 IQ").

In the end, however, the execution of the crime was so sloppy (ie leaving the suitcase by his own curb where it was easily found, failing to disguise himself from video surveillance cams at his apartment + post office)) and his international "cat and mouse" game so filled with missteps (ie chatting on his cell phone while abroad; wearing that Mickey Mouse T, which was rapidly linked to him) that he was caught so much sooner than he was planning.

Laughably, he was expecting a long "cat and mouse" game (hence the "Catch Me If You Can" pic he posted on one of his main Facebook accounts), but it was over in less than a week.

I really believe this is sad but true. His name is going to forever be attached to technology in this way. And think about it; he didn't have to do too much. Think about Charlie Manson; he is associated with an entire generation, yet they have yet to prove that he ever actually killed anyone himself. But he is a cultural pop icon, like Che, and other more admirable icons. I'm pretty sure someone has already started a comic book series about him...

IMHO, LRM will not achieve status anywhere near Charles Manson. Manson was the head of a cult, a sort of hippie commune that tied some weird importance to The Beatles's song "Helter Skelter". And Manson was also a song writer before he was jailed; he even knew (by chance) Dennis Wilson, one of the BeachBoys; thus, several bands have controversially covered his songs subsequently. He was also prosecuted by Vincent Bugliosi, who would go on to run for political office and write several books.

Manson is known because has was connected to other things that were bigger than him, be it the Beatles or Beach Boys.

LRM, by contrast, likely acted alone. No grand conspiracies to commit multiple murders. No cult. No commune. Unlike Manson, he doesn't appear to have any creativity beyond some cringe-inducingly bad YouTube videos which usually consist of 98% photos of him, some incoherent and vague text, or some incoherent rants on his website and/or blogs, much of which is plagiarized.

At the most, you could say LRM may to be the Internet's greatest troll ever, given the sheer magnitude of his online footprint and the vast number of accounts and sockpuppets and trolling he's done over the years. But I don't think his name will "be forever" connected to the Internet, any more than the Zodiac Killer's name was connected to newspapers (or the printing press!), to which he loved to write. That is, not at all.

Moreover, unlike the U.S., Canada, I think, does not glorify its criminals the way the U.S. does. Since he was convicted, Bernardo has basically disappeared.

LRM will be tried, convicted, and if we are lucky, we'll probably not hear a whole lot from him again. There will be a few sickos and weirdos who will glorify him on websites, but, really, no one will really notice.

IDK how he could pull that off from where he is at. Every piece of incoming and outgoing mail is read, all phone calls are listened in on (and probably recorded) and he has no internet access. And he is in isolation, so there's no chance of assistance. Unless it was all planned before his arrest I feel that's highly unlikely.

I think now that it might be the opposite of upstaging , if indeed a tip was received, what better timing than when media is occupied with covering those events.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/1220185--luka-rocco-magnotta-head-found-in-montreal-park
Lemieux said Lin’s family was notified about Sunday’s development, as they are whenever there is a possible development. She added that limited information is being released out of respect for the family.

From a psych, or really any perspective, assuming that this is the killvid victim's body part, why would the perpetrator take the head to the park... if he was even the person who brought it to the park? As mentioned, the park is definitely a known gay cruise spot that has very easy access being at the end of a metro line and also having a parking lot.

Maybe it was a delivery to someone as proof and a money exchange was made?
Maybe it was an attempted delivery and the receiver never showed?
Maybe the park had some sort of personal meaning for the perpetrator? (any references from LM to this park online?)
Do any locals know the proximity of this park to where the packages were mailed?
Is it conceivable that the victim met the killer at this park? Is it close to where the victim worked?

I've been thinking this over and asked my husband's opinion about the timing of the findings/tip. Here's our humble conclusions:

1. Canada Day - the find/tip was staged for Canada's birthday.

2. For some reason, this crime is connected to "all things Canadian"..... government offices received the mailed packages in our nation's capital, Ottawa; on the west coast, Vancouver schools received some packages via Postes Canada; now he has a high profile CONSERVATIVE lawyer.

3. The so-called "fan" is also Canadian from Saskatchewan.

For some reason, he wanted to make a "Canadian statement". Now what that is.....who knows?

:canada: :canada: :canada:

From a psych, or really any perspective, assuming that this is the killvid victim's body part, why would the perpetrator take the head to the park... if he was even the person who brought it to the park? As mentioned, the park is definitely a known gay cruise spot that has very easy access being at the end of a metro line and also having a parking lot.

Maybe the park had some sort of personal meaning for the perpetrator? (any references from LM to this park online?)
Do any locals know the proximity of this park to where the packages were mailed?
Is it conceivable that the victim met the killer at this park? Is it close to where the victim worked?
I hadn't thought about the fact that the person who offered to pay Luka to make the film (if that's in fact what happened) may have been a no show, which would explain why Luka had no $$ on him when caught. It would also explain why he was crying and so upset when he fled. He shows up at the park with the head in exchange for the ca$h and when the person does not show he throws it in the water. Once again, all just wild speculation, but it is consistent with my own theories on motive, etc.

I've been thinking this over and asked my husband's opinion about the timing of the findings/tip. Here's our humble conclusions:

1. Canada Day - the find/tip was staged for Canada's birthday.

2. For some reason, this crime is connected to "all things Canadian"..... government offices received the mailed packages in our nation's capital, Ottawa; on the west coast, Vancouver schools received some packages via Postes Canada; now he has a high profile CONSERVATIVE lawyer.

3. The so-called "fan" is also Canadian from Saskatchewan.

For some reason, he wanted to make a "Canadian statement". Now what that is.....who knows?

:canada: :canada: :canada:

Brilliant analysis No_stone; simply brilliant!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2

I hadn't thought about the fact that the person who offered to pay Luka to make the film (if that's in fact what happened) may have been a no show, which would explain why Luka had no $$ on him when caught. It would also explain why he was crying and so upset when he fled. He shows up at the park with the head in exchange for the ca$h and when the person does not show he throws it in the water. Once again, all just wild speculation, but it is consistent with my own theories on motive, etc.

Where did you find information about him not having money when he was arrested? I'd not heard that before.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2

LM certainly has an antisocial aspect himself. Perhaps he grew to loathe the "outsider" position and never truly fitting in with society. Even in the gay community making your living by prostitution/stripping/*advertiser censored* is not commonplace...and would not be what many gay men cared to associate with. LM never got the recognition he believed he deserved for being 'devastatingly goodlooking'. He eventually morphed that into a darker more criminally violent persona that did garner him more attention, even if negative. But that wasn't enough...his appetite for attention blossomed as he fed off of the negative attention and chronically snacked on killing storylines. LM isn't that smart, so I can't think of a "message" he'd have for Canada. Maybe he truly hated society for not giving what he felt entitled to and not ever truly fitting in, nor thriving. IMO, the only message I see him delivering is: "LOOK AT ME CANADA!"

You know, the fun part of all this is watching millions of people get angry and frustrated because they can’t catch me. (…) It’s fun watching people work so hard gathering all the evidence, then not being able to name me or catch me. (…) You see, I always win. I always hold the trump card and I will continue to make more movies. (…) “London is wonderful because all the people are so stupid. It’s easy."

Quoted here: http://www.examiner.com/article/suspected-kitten-killer-turned-murderer-has-been-arrested

FWIW: he used to say this sort of thing to us all the time. "It’s fun watching people work so hard gathering all the evidence, then not being able to name me or catch me." We only discussed things in the public group that we wanted him to see. We never let on that we knew he was in Montreal, and kept saying we were looking at Toronto. He has no idea what was done privately. We also kept our mouths shut pretty darn good about our level of involvement with the Police.

I wish he could read this now. Id tell him "It was fun watching you rant and rave about how you were not wanted and that no police were looking for you and how you were going to Sue us for libel AND slander."

Ok, had to get that off my chest.

Seems like that girls raised profile and a head being found is coincidental. Hmmmm.

This is why I wondered if he also had some run in with the journalist, Justin Ling. It just sounded very similar to Justin Lin. But then I dismissed that thought as over-thinking.

Sorry to pop into this late:

No, myself at Luka have never met. This was all a rather eerie coincidence.

And I am checking back from time-to-time. I keep bumping back and forth from being on the story to off it.

FYI: I think a lot of your theories are quite spot-on. Close to what I've been thinking, too.

FWIW: he used to say this sort of thing to us all the time. "It’s fun watching people work so hard gathering all the evidence, then not being able to name me or catch me." We only discussed things in the public group that we wanted him to see. We never let on that we knew he was in Montreal, and kept saying we were looking at Toronto. He has no idea what was done privately. We also kept our mouths shut pretty darn good about our level of involvement with the Police.

I wish he could read this now. Id tell him "It was fun watching you rant and rave about how you were not wanted and that no police were looking for you and how you were going to Sue us for libel AND slander."

Ok, had to get that off my chest.

haha. Well, you guys certainly had him sweating when you identified him as the kitten killer, that is for sure. Looking over some of his main Facebook pages, he stepped up the sock puppets proclaiming his innocence; he even started photoshopping photos trying to implicate others (like the Eduardo Jordan pic, with the photoshopped santa hat... so lame!). He apparently also contacted a New York attorney to, in typical LRM style, fabricate some story via email about a stalker that forced him to create the videos...

He really may have set up a message to be received on Canada Day if it's that big a holiday for y'all, imho. Here's one mainstream one, but I'm sure there are all kinds of services that are even more secure regarding anonymity:

http://ohdontforget.com/faq

From a psych, or really any perspective, assuming that this is the killvid victim's body part, why would the perpetrator take the head to the park... if he was even the person who brought it to the park? As mentioned, the park is definitely a known gay cruise spot that has very easy access being at the end of a metro line and also having a parking lot. [writer7's bold]

Maybe the park meant something to him, yeah. My first thought was as disgusting as the horrible video, so I'll just say that I hope it didn't play into a sexual fantasy of his that involved the park or being in public. I do believe he probably cruised or prostituted there before.

Ugh. Back to really gross but not as gross: he may have frozen the head before taking it on the metro ride. I can't remember what Dahmer did to the head he took to work with him to keep it from being noticed.

Heads and disgusting perps. It can get really, really foul, y'all. The motivations can be terribly disturbed and disturbing.

ETA: I just looked it up. Dahmer boiled the remains and took two skulls to work with him at different times. He kept a lot of skulls. Wow. And uggggh. He kept heads, too, but he only carried around skulls with him.

Maybe he met Jun Lin in that park? Or if they met online maybe they met there for the first time in person?

IMHO, LRM will not achieve status anywhere near Charles Manson. Manson was the head of a cult, a sort of hippie commune that tied some weird importance to The Beatles's song "Helter Skelter". And Manson was also a song writer before he was jailed; he even knew (by chance) Dennis Wilson, one of the BeachBoys; thus, several bands have controversially covered his songs subsequently. He was also prosecuted by Vincent Bugliosi, who would go on to run for political office and write several books.

Manson is known because has was connected to other things that were bigger than him, be it the Beatles or Beach Boys.

LRM, by contrast, likely acted alone. No grand conspiracies to commit multiple murders. No cult. No commune. Unlike Manson, he doesn't appear to have any creativity beyond some cringe-inducingly bad YouTube videos which usually consist of 98% photos of him, some incoherent and vague text, or some incoherent rants on his website and/or blogs, much of which is plagiarized.

At the most, you could say LRM may to be the Internet's greatest troll ever, given the sheer magnitude of his online footprint and the vast number of accounts and sockpuppets and trolling he's done over the years. But I don't think his name will "be forever" connected to the Internet, any more than the Zodiac Killer's name was connected to newspapers (or the printing press!), to which he loved to write. That is, not at all.

Moreover, unlike the U.S., Canada, I think, does not glorify its criminals the way the U.S. does. Since he was convicted, Bernardo has basically disappeared.

LRM will be tried, convicted, and if we are lucky, we'll probably not hear a whole lot from him again. There will be a few sickos and weirdos who will glorify him on websites, but, really, no one will really notice.
I think you are probably correct. Unless of course something absolutely unexpected and stunning is revealed at trial. Deep inside of me I am hoping that there is some crazy huge conspiracy story or something behind his actions. Otherwise it's simply too frightening and sad to accept.

I think you are probably correct. Unless of course something absolutely unexpected and stunning is revealed at trial. Deep inside of me I am hoping that there is some crazy huge conspiracy story or something behind his actions. Otherwise it's simply too frightening and sad to accept.

Yeah. And I'm afraid, we may never truly be able to fit the pieces together about his past, and what really led him to the horrific actions today. I find it too hard to trust anything he would say, claim, or allege, and I can't see others coming forward with any particularly groundbreaking insights either, other than what we've already heard from people with whom he was acquainted-- that he's an unusual and arrogant guy, prone to lying and manipulative behaviour. In other words, offering things we probably have already learned from LRM's own online activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592