ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then that blows my "they were looking in a pond" thought....If the scientific people arrived at 6:25pm, then that would mean it was dark in Brisbane. The scuba diver in the pond, was in light of day. Cloudy, but it was definitely full light.

It was a blue sky day in Brissie today Willough

Bearing in mind that the Police have already searched the house when it was a crime scene (I assume they did), what are they looking for now???? Could they possibly think that the phone is hidden at the house, but have been unable to look until arrest is made?

Possibility 1 - The accomplice gave up some info in the star chamber

Possibility 2 - GBC might be going for self defence, or manlaughter, and giving up some of the evidence to get out of a murder charge.

Just a thought, and of course in my opinion only.

:jail:

TRUE! Besides GBC, the next person deserving of 'LIGHT' is Darren Mahony, because we need to pray that HIS personal GREED & need for not only further financial wealth, but his EGO doesn't get in the way here, & who knows, maybe GBC has been wanting to tell the TRUTH from the outset??? Just a thought! After all, many a defence attorney has discouraged their client from 'spilling the beans'. :(

Does anyone know if the Supreme Court ever meets on a weekend? Seems coincidental that an arrest was made tonight, given GBC must wait 48 hours minimum to make a request for bail in the Supreme Court. If they can't attend court over the weekend, the police have planned well. Means they have some breathing space for at least 4 days with him behind bars.

And it's a big night for footy. Any connection?

It is a shame the media filmed the children leaving with the Dickies, they have been and are going to be through too much.

What? They did that tonight?....That is terrible. I may be into the sleuthing, I may be obsessed, people can call me whatever (I already know im psycho...lol I dont need Watsonian to tell me)......But at this current juncture, The Dickie's and the lovely young SHEs, should be left right alone. No camera's, nothing....Grrrrrrrr :what:

Im blown away.

ozazure, that Pearson quote you pointed to: "It is especially difficult for social media users and bloggers untrained in media law to navigate all these rules so the best policy is to avoid comment on any matters before the courts until the justice process has run its course. Leave that to the trained, professional journalists who report with the backing of experienced editors and legal advisers."

Note that Pearson is referring to social media users and bloggers untrained in media law. This is exactly what my point was. Thank you for making this so clear.

Yes I am making his opinion clear that untrained people shouldn't comment (a statement you disagreed with a few posts back but we'll ignore you failed to acknowledge that). However that is not the law. That is excessive, cover your bum on a blog advice. The legislation prevents certain information being included by publications in the jurisdiction. No comment is not a reasoned response to concerns about breaching that law.

You know I am in favour of moderate commenting, I think people should be careful in what they put online for ethical and legal reasons. And that's the same reason why this fear mongering about discussion gets right up my nose.

I note you have not responded why you think this particular case, Gerard Baden-Clay being charged with murder and webslueths in particular, will be ground breaking. While the vast majority of posters to this thread are probably joining in this kind of discussion for the first time, it is far from first time this has happened online in an Australian case.

As Gerard has done from the start...he will say nothing. His lawyers will make it hard to find a decent unbiased jury. There is so much circumstantial evidence so they will say his client is innocent unless they can prove it beyond reasonable doubt.

The hope... The police have something up there sleeve.

Blood, nothing surer

They may have found traces of that somewhere around day 1...forensics were in there back then...would add to why police said they'd been treating it as a homicide for some time.

It was a blue sky day in Brissie today Willough

Thanks Clem :) Means they were showing old footage.....Grrrr....I dont know why they do that....Im sorry everyone. If anyone has skynews, please do watch it, so that you all dont think im bull crapping about what I saw. :(

Another possibly small consolation, if the Ins Coy end up paying out, and if GBC is involved, proceeds will most likely pass to the children as minors trusts. Always follow the money trail - very stong motive.
I still wonder if QPS looked over the C21 Taringa Office for any forensic evidence.

Foxtel news shows footage of divers in a large pond with lillypads. They showed a lot of footage. IMO this may have been done earlier today based on recent info given by suspects?? There has definitely been something mentioned...maybe concealment of a weapon!

Possibility 1 - The accomplice gave up some info in the star chamber

Possibility 2 - GBC might be going for self defence, or manlaughter, and giving up some of the evidence to get out of a murder charge.

Just a thought, and of course in my opinion only.

:jail:

Could be right on that possibilty 1....accomplice may have told them where to find either the murder weapon or the phone..

That blog - and the book - is written by a media law expert. But hey, what would he know, right?

Watsonian Insititute I suggest that you utilise the chatroom forum afforded to us by the Websleuth moderators to talk on about whatever it is you're talking about. It is totally off topic here and in my opinion, it is becoming very tiresome.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172214"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thanks Clem :) Means they were showing old footage.....Grrrr....I dont know why they do that....Im sorry everyone. If anyone has skynews, please do watch it, so that you all dont think im bull crapping about what I saw. :(

Saw it Willough, and am pretty sure it was old footage from the original search.

You're not bull crapping

Child Protection Unit is there, so no doubt that is why.
I hope the media stay away from there.
With regard to the children, good planning on the part of the Police as expected. We knew they would be in good hands. This seems to have gone well for them, to be protected from the news barrage at this stage an to be collected by the Dickie family. Congratulations to Ainsworth and all the Detectives and Police men and women who have worked so hard to achieve this result tonight.

My apologies Willough and Monty, my partner just said it showered in the Cbd early afternoon. Showers means clouds. Twas sunny where i was.

Has Paul Tully opened a can of worms and there needed to be an immediate arrest?...or is it purely coincidence? A lot of what was written IMO makes sense....any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname