ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine was in his very early teens when his mother disappeared. His father told him and his 2 younger brothers many different stories such as she had disappeared after a cyclone, died in a car crash and run off with another man. He said they always had suspicions that he killed her as there were a lot of arguments but they didn't want to say anything because they were worried they would be split up.*
Instead they were raised by their father. *27 years later the father was found guilty of her murder (strangled with an iron cord and body buried in the bush). *From my understanding none of the boys had anything to do with him once they grew up and have nothing to do with him now. The important things for those girls are to be together, know the truth about their mother and whoever did it to her and most importantly, be with people who love them. The healing will happen in time. A happy ending?... My friend is the most resilient, caring, kind person I have ever met.*

Wow it is strange to hear others have gone through a similar experience. My father was accused, never arrested when my mother disappeared. I was told she went for a walk, so this case has struck a nerve with me.

It will be hard for the girls but it is hard not knowing too. I am sure Allisons family will wrap them in love and they will be ok.

That is amazing he was charged 27 years later.

i thought the exact same thing..Where is Maverick now?

I often wondered if he/she was married to a Police Officer because he/she knew so many things very early on...I think I read that he said he would come back when an arrest was made.....Can someone confirm this?

And where is KeyBoredom?

Man charged with murder, Brookfield

June 13, 2012, 7:07 pm

http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012/06/13/man-charged-with-murder-brookfield/

Police investigating the murder of Brookfield woman Allison Baden-Clay have today charged a man with murder.

The 41-year-old Brookfield man will appear in the Brisbane Magistrates Court tomorrow.

Police thank the media and public for their assistance during the investigation.

The Queensland Police Service is unable to comment further as the matter is now before the courts.

Media and the public are also asked to respect the privacy of the family and friends of Mrs Baden-Clay during this difficult period.

BBM:

<modsnip>

He is not "just a little bit hurt now".....and he won't be "OK!"

http://www.paulgtully.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/murder-charge-sequel-alison-baden-clay.html?m=1
Murder charge sequel: Alison Baden-Clay family statement
On behalf of Allison's loving family and friends, we would like to thank all the people who have worked so tirelessly in the wake of this terrible tragedy.
We are extremely grateful for the support of the community, the people of Brookfield, the SES and the police who have gone beyond the call of duty to find answers and help restore peace to our lives.
We love Allison and will always miss her dearly.
We have a long road ahead of us coming to terms with this horrific crime. We would ask everyone to respect our privacy during this very difficult time. The family will be making no further comments on the matter at this stage.
Thank you.

The Dickies are all class. Very moving statement.

The girls are in good hands.

<modsnip>

Nice bracelet Gerard haha.

Business as usual huh

:fireworks2:
For those of you who have been following since day one, you will remember Maverick.au's posts. Like Paul Tully, i think we will find he was spot on with his views or unsubstantiated facts - e.g. Police found something in the back of one of the cars.

It's the most perfect opportunity for anyone who can and wants to, to show their support to the girls....Im sure there will be many a fundraising activity on for the day, there for them.

If i was in Brisbane, I would be there....turning sausages on the grill or something.

Absolutely Willough, I'd be right there beside you buttering the bread or squeezing the tomato sauce or whatever. :rocker:

Wow it is strange to hear others have gone through a similar experience. My father was accused, never arrested when my mother disappeared. I was told she went for a walk, so this case has struck a nerve with me.

It will be hard for the girls but it is hard not knowing too. I am sure Allisons family will wrap them in love and they will be ok.

That is amazing he was charged 27 years later.

Charged, plead guilty, went to jail for 7 years and deported to the U.K. All because one of the boys (a grown man by then) couldn't live with not knowing what happened to his mum and convinced the police to reopen the case.

Mothergoose, I agree you are 100% correct. There is much more at stake here... As in three (3) little girls who are undoubtedly confused, shaking with fear as to what is going on in their world and will may have nightmares tonight due to where their world is at.

So for all of you setting off firecrackers and expressing excitement about an arrest, take stock and consider what is going on behind closed doors tonight. No - I am not a gbc supporter or friend, just someone with a heart who is sicked by what I'm reading. Enough said. Berry - always thoroughly enjoyed your posts although think you are wrong in attacking a local and innocent simply expressing their view. Nite all x

Thank you very much.

Man charged with murder, Brookfield

June 13, 2012, 7:07 pm

http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012/06/13/man-charged-with-murder-brookfield/

Police investigating the murder of Brookfield woman Allison Baden-Clay have today charged a man with murder.

The 41-year-old Brookfield man will appear in the Brisbane Magistrates Court tomorrow.

Police thank the media and public for their assistance during the investigation.

The Queensland Police Service is unable to comment further as the matter is now before the courts.

Media and the public are also asked to respect the privacy of the family and friends of Mrs Baden-Clay during this difficult period.

We can notice the change in the way this case is now reported, because of sub judice. Thanks so much for posting this - it's an excellent example of what I was talking about earlier.

Cheers

I live down "South" and cant help either, so tomorrow Im going to donate
to the Dickies fund for the girls.
(Id be right between you Willough and Makara helping) :)

UPDATE: Gerard Baden-Clay's lawyer Darren Mahony says he has been instructed to make an "urgent" bail application for his client

Accused murderers cannot apply for bail in the magistrates court so Mr Mahony will have to go the Supreme Court.

However, a Supreme Court bail application cannot be heard until at least 48 hours after it is filed ...

... so Mr Baden-Clay is likely to remain behind bars until at least early next week.

http://twitter.com/#!/couriermail

Bail in Victoria in a murder charge case is NOT granted unless there are exceptional circumstances. Qld would be much the same and I don't see anything exceptional here in this case. It would be more prudent to keep GBC in protective custody for his own safety. To me, this is another example of his narcissism to even expect that he could obtain bail. I'll eat my words if he does. :sick::sick:

Yes...& a $900,000 life insurance policy was mentioned also...............

Yep..just responding to poster who wasn't aware about the blood being found..

For $900 000... what a horrific thing.(I know its not fact yet thats why and GBC has not actually been convicted yet..but an arrest is a mighty big step towards that)

Boy this thread is moving fast tonight.. can't keep up. still haven't read the rest of the days posts. Everytime I come back, theres another dozen or so pages to read!! slow down peeps..:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua