ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I was unable to view the 10 news video due to my location(but hey,apparently some of you have sleuthed me so may already know that)
The 10 news showing the email could indeed be a favour for an exclusive or a friend but imagine if Olivia did not give permission for the release, how mortifying.
I believe she may feel embarrassed about the invasion of privacy and the fact that the public now realize they need financial help. ALL MOO of course.

I am sure if they couldtell the truth then surely a Current Affair or Today Tonight would pay for their story

I can see it go something like this -
Presenter-Welcome,we have Olivia here tonight to tell the version of events on behalf of her brother in regards to his wife's mysterious murder.
OW-Well firstly I can't believe they arrested the wrong guy! Why they are not out there arresting the right guy is beyond me. Also,thanks for paying for this interview it will certainly pay for some bribes um legal fees. Because we want the money returned to us when he is released.
Gerard has been too frightened to speak publicly, he can't say what really happened due to fear of the bad men.
Presenter-Bad men?? Please explain.
OW-Well only one bad man for sure but there are probably more. You see what happened on that fateful night was this.
Gerard was saving petrol and thinking of the environment,he is such a thoughtful and gentle man,he was doing his business as usual on his new malvern star bicycle. He was furiously peddling to get home to his darling,delightful wife but then he made a mistake. He cut off a white van on the roundabout. The guy driving the van was so mad like real road rage. Everyone should be out looking for this man. He has long hair and he was wearing gardening gloves, we think he has ties to the finks bicycle club. Gerard was so scared because the man broke his bicycle,he called dad to come and pick up him and the bike.
The long haired man was so mean to dad he couldn't drive so he sat down and cried til he calmed down enough to take Gerard home. Anyway,the guy in the van followed Gerard home. Gerard was so scared that he hid at home.Allison was bored watching the footie show so she decided to take a walk at about 10pm,she had depression you know so she probably wanted to clear her head and show people walking by her new hairdo.
Gerard did warn her that there was a garden glove wearing maniac out there but he figured he was after him not her. Oh how wrong he was hey!
So Gerard went to bed thinking she'd be gone a while on her night time hike but when he woke at 7am to see the porch light still on he thought straight away that the bad man in the van must have got her. He called police and her parents.
A few days later Gerard was driving to the police station to do a sketch of the van man but he must have known because he jumped in front of Gerards borrowed car and made Gerard crash into a pole. He was still wearing the gardening gloves and made a motion with the gloved finger across his neck. So of course Gerard is so scared now, they put him in jail because he's a little bit hurt but he'll be ok. It's really only for his own protection,that's why he's not in the real jail.

or perhaps they could tell the real story????

SO. FUNNY. :floorlaugh:

My lovely She is... sisters , we need to join together in lifting up Olivia Walton (North Qld She is... Regional Coordinator) in prayer. Olivia's sister-in-law, Allison Baden-Clay, has been missing from her family home since last Thursday. We need to pray for strength, courage and peace for Olivia, her brother (Allison's husband) and their children. Lets also pray that Allison is found soon.
Sue xo

afterthought.......oh btw lets also pray for....

Keep our beautiful North Qld Coordinator, Olivia, in your prayers today. Wear your freedom tshirts and rings today to join with Olivia in proclaiming His freedom today. Olivia sent thru this text: "Please pray for truth and justice to be revealed and for honesty from all who are involved in investigating this nightmare. Strength for today. Angels to guard the hearts of these precious children. Thanks. Love, Olivia x"

cant trust those sneaky QPS blokes!!!!

Unfortunately I was unable to view the 10 news video due to my location(but hey,apparently some of you have sleuthed me so may already know that)
The 10 news showing the email could indeed be a favour for an exclusive or a friend but imagine if Olivia did not give permission for the release, how mortifying.
I believe she may feel embarrassed about the invasion of privacy and the fact that the public now realize they need financial help. ALL MOO of course.

I am sure if they couldtell the truth then surely a Current Affair or Today Tonight would pay for their story

Presenter-Welcome,we have Olivia here tonight to tell the version of events on behalf of her brother in regards to his wife's mysterious murder.
OW-Well firstly I can't believe they arrested the wrong guy! Why they are not out there arresting the right guy is beyond me. Also,thanks for paying for this interview it will certainly pay for some bribes um legal fees. Because we want the money returned to us when he is released.
Gerard has been too frightened to speak publicly, he can't say what really happened due to fear of the bad men.
OW-Well only one bad man for sure but there are probably more. You see what happened on that fateful night was this.
Gerard was saving petrol and thinking of the environment,he is such a thoughtful and gentle man,he was doing his business as usual on his new malvern star bicycle. He was furiously peddling to get home to his darling,delightful wife but then he made a mistake. He cut off a white van on the roundabout. The guy driving the van was so mad like real road rage. Everyone should be out looking for this man. He has long hair and he was wearing gardening gloves, we think he has ties to the finks bicycle club. Gerard was so scared because the man broke his bicycle,he called dad to come and pick up him and the bike.
The long haired man was so mean to dad he couldn't drive so he sat down and cried til he calmed down enough to take Gerard home. Anyway,the guy in the van followed Gerard home. Gerard was so scared that he hid at home.Allison was bored watching the footie show so she decided to take a walk at about 10pm,she had depression you know so she probably wanted to clear her head and show people walking by her new hairdo.
Gerard did warn her that there was a garden glove wearing maniac out there but he figured he was after him not her. Oh how wrong he was hey!
So Gerard went to bed thinking she'd be gone a while on her night time hike but when he woke at 7am to see the porch light still on he thought straight away that the bad man in the van must have got her. He called police and her parents.
A few days later Gerard was driving to the police station to do a sketch of the van man but he must have known because he jumped in front of Gerards borrowed car and made Gerard crash into a pole. He was still wearing the gardening gloves and made a motion with the gloved finger across his neck. So of course Gerard is so scared now, they put him in jail because he's a little bit hurt but he'll be ok. It's really only for his own protection,that's why he's not in the real jail.

:shocked2::popcorn::popcorn::applause:
Thanks you have made my day :fence:

Channel 9 TV 8:00 am news (live cross to outside Supreme Court): -- It is expected the bail application hearing will go ahead as planned. Confirmation the family have raised an unspecified amount for surety, in case he is successful in his application. Family have requested assistance from friends to raise further funds for his legal fees. If he is not successful, it is expected he will be placed in a normal cell and no longer in the medical unit. Defence will argue he should be granted bail because of the expected lengthy time for this case to get to trial, because of his 3 daughters, because of his business interests, because of his ties to the community. Prosecution wants him behind bars because of the severity of the charge, because of risk of interfering with potential witnesses, because of risk of absconding. --

Well, nothing new with this report.

I could not believe that money-email business until I have seen it in the morning paper. This is truly despicable. But also telling. It illustrates connections and thinking patterns in the family in question.

I'd LOVE to email this to Inspector Ainsworth...I reckon he'd have a damn good laugh too :)

Well done Curiousasacat!!!

ps...Greg may want to email it to OW :D

I'd LOVE to email this to Inspector Ainsworth...I reckon he'd have a damn good laugh too :)

Well done Curiousasacat!!!

ps...Greg may want to email it to OW :D

Lets not forget, investigations are still ongoing, mitochondrial dna, phone, computer forensics, lab in Perth etc I for one am extremely hopeful that anyone involved in or having knowledge of the crime before or after will be arrested soon!

"The pressure comes as police confirmed that a team of detectives continues to work on the case from a major incident room at Indooroopilly police station.

Asked if anyone else could be charged in connection with Mrs Baden-Clay's death, Acting Chief Superintendent Mark Ainsworth said he could not comment.

"All I can say is the major incident room is still running. There is probably in excess of 15 detectives still in there," Supt Ainsworth said."

Goodnight everyone, I am not into making to many requests to the man upstairs but I will tonight for Allison that justice be served today.

Hopefully the hard working men and women who have worked on this case so far will get rewarded later today.

RIP Allison xxxx
My hope is that justice is done for Allison Baden-Clay today, for all the Police, Detectives, who conducted the investigation and SES workers, Firemen and general public assisted with the search for 11 long days. The evidence in Police possession means that, according to Law, they have arrested and 'charged' the alleged murderer.

They say that a Lawyer stands between the accused and the lynch mob, before the Court to ensure that he is innocent until proven guilty. A Lawyer must also stand between the support mob and the accused to ensure that alleged guilt is proved beyond reasonable doubt in the Court. A fair trial principle applies to the lynch mob with the belief of guilt and also to the solicited support mob in the belief of innocence.

The alleged murderer is not the 'victim' needing public sympathy. The father of the 3 little girls is 'charged' with the alleged murder of their mother. He needs to be called to account in a Criminal Court of Law. His guilt or innocence will be proven beyond reasonable doubt there.

The real 'victim' is Allison Baden-Clay whose life was tragically ended when she was brutally murdered, then dumped under a bridge, her face left in the mud beside the Kholo creek.

Her 3 little girls are victims, traumatised by their father 'allegedly' murdering their mother. Their father has 'charges' against him and until these are cleared and he is proven innocent beyond reasonable doubt he is in no position for provide nurture or care to these girls. This is my opinion.

The family, friends and community of Allison Baden-Clay are secondary victims traumatised by her murder and the 11 day search for her dumped body.

I hope that the flight risk is considered as a possibility and the potential manpower and financial costs involved in attempting to extradite the alleged murderer from another country. The post by AUNTY in thread 24, page 42, post no: 1030 hypothesises about this possibility.

I hope that all the Police, Detectives, Forensic Investigations & SES manpower resources, use of their time and financial burden to the Australian taxpayer in bringing this alleged murderer to face Justice is considered in the Courts decision today.

My opinion only, not fact.

So very well said. Thank you Fuskier.

My hope is that justice is done for Allison Baden-Clay today, for all the Police, Detectives, who conducted the investigation and SES workers, Firemen and general public assisted with the search for 11 long days. The evidence in Police possession means that, according to Law, they have arrested and 'charged' the alleged murderer.

They say that a Lawyer stands between the accused and the lynch mob, before the Court to ensure that he is innocent until proven guilty. A Lawyer must also stand between the support mob and the accused to ensure that alleged guilt is proved beyond reasonable doubt in the Court. A fair trial principle applies to the lynch mob with the belief of guilt and also to the solicited support mob in the belief of innocence.

The alleged murderer is not the 'victim' needing public sympathy. The father of the 3 little girls is 'charged' with the alleged murder of their mother. He needs to be called to account in a Criminal Court of Law. His guilt or innocence will be proven beyond reasonable doubt there.

The real 'victim' is Allison Baden-Clay whose life was tragically ended when she was brutally murdered, then dumped under a bridge, her face left in the mud beside the Kholo creek.

Her 3 little girls are victims, traumatised by their father 'allegedly' murdering their mother. Their father has 'charges' against him and until these are cleared and he is proven innocent beyond reasonable doubt he is in no position for provide nurture or care to these girls. This is my opinion.

The family, friends and community of Allison Baden-Clay are secondary victims traumatised by her murder and the 11 day search for her dumped body.

I hope that the flight risk is considered as a possibility and the potential manpower and financial costs involved in attempting to extradite the alleged murderer from another country. The post by AUNTY in thread 24, page 42, post no: 1030 hypothesises about this possibility.

I hope that all the Police, Detectives, Forensic Investigations & SES manpower resources, time and financial burden to the Australian taxpayer in bringing this alleged murderer to face Justice is considered in the Courts decision today.

Lets not forget, investigations are still ongoing, mitochondrial dna, phone, computer forensics, lab in Perth etc I for one am extremely hopeful that anyone involved in or having knowledge of the crime before or after will be arrested soon!

"The pressure comes as police confirmed that a team of detectives continues to work on the case from a major incident room at Indooroopilly police station.

Asked if anyone else could be charged in connection with Mrs Baden-Clay's death, Acting Chief Superintendent Mark Ainsworth said he could not comment.

"All I can say is the major incident room is still running. There is probably in excess of 15 detectives still in there," Supt Ainsworth said."

Yes it's all still ongoing but I'm hoping Inspector Ainsworth's gotcha bag is already 3/4's full going by the fact it took only two months to make an arrest. When you look at many other murder cases it's taken so much longer.

IMO organized crime has nothing to do with OW's alleged appeal to friends for financial assistance to pay his legal fees. Occasionally, we see appeals for financial help from ordinary families who may be facing, for example, some serious health care bills and there is no public outrage in those cases. I try and put myself in the BC family's shoes and I would certainly not have any serious funds to pay legal fees for my child. In desperation, would I appeal to my friends for assistance to "save" my child? Maybe. The only "crime" with this appeal is that it was made public (either leaked or paid for). IMO - shoot me now!

i agree CaseClosed

We all want GBC to have a fair trial, and for the facts of and the case to be heard and to be judged by his peers. The legal representation would have already cost many thousands of dollars, and GBC has no way of paying for the solicitor - perhaps he should have thought of that before he engaged so early in the case - but (and I might add) in what seems to be typical GBC fashion, he didn't think beyond the present moments. The debt is now incurred, the BC already have a large mortgage over a property that in the current climate is probably not worth too much more. A $300000 mortgage probably has repayments of $1400 or $1500 a month interest only, so they need to find a substantial amount of money for that, GBC has no income so he can not contribute if he is the reason for the mortgage, and then we have the solicitors fees. Ministers are proverbially as "poor as church mice" so you would expect they have very little money and also have a family to support. So the only place I think they could turn would be the superannuation funds of Gerard or Allison, and Australian law does tie that money up quite securely until 55 at least.

i think we should have some compassion for the BC and the Walton family. At present it would seem their only crime is having <modsnip> as a son and brother. There lives have been totally wrecked in the last couple of months and they are left outside to deal with the aftermath of what has happened.

I think the email is a desperate plea to try and help themselves as much as GBC. I don't think large organisations, such as the Baptist Church, Masonic Lodge (I think that is a Dickie connection) or Scouting movement could or would donate money to this. They are all legal entities that enjoy the tax privileges that there position entails but also have a number of restrictions on what can be done with donated funds.

I hope that Olivia and her parents can find someone to help them, not necessarily financial, but to wade through this mess. They are victims as well and continue to live with it every moment. I can't imagine what it would be like to be scrutinized by the public and to have you financial affairs discussed on a website and known by strangers because of the actions of someone that you had no control over.

I think the email was naive, but I think that it should not have been betrayed to the media. I am not surprised though that Channel 10 ran with first, they do tend to sensationalize events and need to fill up an hour of news.

I am not defending the BC or the Walton family, but I think we need to put ourselves in their shoes and imagine how we would feel. They must know what is being said, they must be under enormous strain today especially.

i agree CaseClosed

We all want GBC to have a fair trial, and for the facts of and the case to be heard and to be judged by his peers. The legal representation would have already cost many thousands of dollars, and GBC has no way of paying for the solicitor - perhaps he should have thought of that before he engaged so early in the case - but (and I might add) in what seems to be typical GBC fashion, he didn't think beyond the present moments. The debt is now incurred, the BC already have a large mortgage over a property that in the current climate is probably not worth too much more. A $300000 mortgage probably has repayments of $1400 or $1500 a month interest only, so they need to find a substantial amount of money for that, GBC has no income so he can not contribute if he is the reason for the mortgage, and then we have the solicitors fees. Ministers are proverbially as "poor as church mice" so you would expect they have very little money and also have a family to support. So the only place I think they could turn would be the superannuation funds of Gerard or Allison, and Australian law does tie that money up quite securely until 55 at least.

i think we should have some compassion for the BC and the Walton family. At present it would seem their only crime is having <modsnip> as a son and brother. There lives have been totally wrecked in the last couple of months and they are left outside to deal with the aftermath of what has happened.

I think the email is a desperate plea to try and help themselves as much as GBC. I don't think large organisations, such as the Baptist Church, Masonic Lodge (I think that is a Dickie connection) or Scouting movement could or would donate money to this. They are all legal entities that enjoy the tax privileges that there position entails but also have a number of restrictions on what can be done with donated funds.

I hope that Olivia and her parents can find someone to help them, not necessarily financial, but to wade through this mess. They are victims as well and continue to live with it every moment. I can't imagine what it would be like to be scrutinized by the public and to have you financial affairs discussed on a website and known by strangers because of the actions of someone that you had no control over.

I think the email was naive, but I think that it should not have been betrayed to the media. I am not surprised though that Channel 10 ran with first, they do tend to sensationalize events and need to fill up an hour of news.

I am not defending the BC or the Walton family, but I think we need to put ourselves in their shoes and imagine how we would feel. They must know what is being said, they must be under enormous strain today especially.

Very well said! There is serious "collateral" damage caused by one horrible act in the heat of a moment, which is how I perceive this crime. IMO.

i agree CaseClosed

Sprats mum
I agree with your views and sentiments, with one proviso; if they as a family had shown any support for the QPS and massive search team and if they had shown that they were as dismayed at loosing Allison as they appear to be atGerard being accused of her murder.

I accept that everyone shows feelings in a different way. IMO there is too much discrepancy between what they show publicly for GBCand the lack of what they have shown publicly for the murder of Allison.

All IMO

:star: :star: thank you Fuskier :star: :star:

May the wheels of justice start turning for Allison and her girls today!!

I hope that all the Police, Detectives, Forensic Investigations & SES manpower resources, time and financial burden to the Australian taxpayer in bringing this alleged murderer to face Justice is considered in the Courts decision today.

Sprats mum
I agree with your views and sentiments, with one proviso; if they as a family had shown any support for the QPS and massive search team and if they had shown that they were as dismayed at loosing Allison as they appear to be atGerard being accused of her murder.

I accept that everyone shows feelings in a different way. IMO there is too much discrepancy between what they show publicly for GBCand the lack of what they have shown publicly for the murder of Allison.

All IMO

We don't really know the families' dynamics. It could very well be that both families had a long history of "disliking" each other. It is not uncommon to see people who don't like their son/daughter in law for a multitude of reasons. Also, I think any parent/siblings in a situation like this, would have at least the thought of "perhaps he did it?", hence "OMG the public is now against us because he may have done this horrible thing" ... "we need to hide from them and the press". I don't excuse them not helping at the Command Post, but I can see why they didn't.

Spratsmum and Fuskier,

Well said to you both. Cheers

Does anyone know why the police wanted the beard shavings?
I was thinking since they can't do a cavity DNA, perhaps the skin shavings are what they wanted, not the actual beard.

Sprats mum

All IMO

i can understand what you are saying rational, my feelings are though we don 't know what has happened in the family over the last 15 of so years. Families don't always get on, they don't always like each other, there are jealousies and rivalry.

GBC is their son and brother, blood is thicker than water.

I was just trying to write what my brother did to my family following my mother's funeral nearly 7 years ago, and I stopped because it was getting me too upset, after all that time. So family actions cut very deep in some instances.

I think they probably should have gone to the search base once or twice to show support, but really being there all day, every day during the search was really useless. I can understand that Allison's parent would have wanted to know everything that was going on every minute, but not everyone can do that. Perhaps the better thing was for the BC to stay away, if there is a lot animosity between the families, and perhaps the BC had some employment or were minding the girls and doing involved in that task.
If I was missing I can't imagine my FIL would be too upset. He is emotionless and he certainly would not be standing around any search base and he probably won't bother coming to my funeral. My FIL can't even remember to send my son a birthday card, people are different but it shouldn't stop us trying to have some understanding and compassion.

...Keep our beautiful North Qld Coordinator, Olivia, in your prayers today. Wear your freedom tshirts and rings today to join with Olivia in proclaiming His freedom today. Olivia sent thru this text: "Please pray for truth and justice to be revealed and for honesty from all who are involved in investigating this nightmare. Strength for today. Angels to guard the hearts of these precious children. Thanks. Love, Olivia x"

cant trust those sneaky QPS blokes!!!!

The bolded statement allegedly coming from OW implies that investigators may be dishonest.IMO this shows disrespect for the Police investigation. As a result of their investigation, the Police have arrested and 'charged' the alleged murderer within The Law. The alleged murderer will be called to account in a Criminal Court of Law where the Police evidence will be tested to prove beyond reasonable doubt. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde