ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no. This is not good. 'compelling'? Come on prosecution, you are not writing a novel. I can't believe how this morning is unfolding.

I don't understand what that means i'm dumb with words lol. Also can someone please explain this part???

Mr Davis said there has been no cause of death, no evidence putting him at Kholo Creek, no sightings of the car and no evidence of a time of

Does that mean they haven't got enough evidence/ witnesses?? :(

thats premeditated murder... calling her insurer three days before she goes missing.. thats the ... Monday night... Monday he calls Allisons insurer....

Do we know the substance of the call though? A defence would argue that calling to check the details of an extant policy is hardly a crime, albeit suspicious in the circumstances.

It's the claim after the body turned up that is the damming one.

YES, and making an Insurance claim BEFORE the body was identified as Alison's. DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR :banghead:

I pretty sure they said the insurance claim was made once the death certificate had been completed.

I dont like the way this case is heading this morning with the case being circumstantial however surely with GBC making phone calls to the insurance company three days before she disappeared surely this is premeditation. IMO

So many more causes of death if it was premeditated. But less with no obvious trauma.

Maybe they were looking for catepillar toxins in the facial hair? Not necessarily just the beard hair?

Although I would not expect they would still be there after 2 months? I don't know for certain..I just know they are buggers to get out and until you do get them out they continue to itch and sting and can leave scratch type marks.. but not deep scratches.

I'm wondering if the statement about no other injuries to the body includes internal? i.e. blood can be vomited up (sorry to be graphic) but no outward signs of trauma. Such as would be seen from internal bleeding, poisoning, etc. I'm definitely not saying these methods are related to this case, just wondering whether this blanket statement about injury applies to her internally.

True. Wish I was there so I could hear it in context

thats premeditated murder... calling her insurer three days before she goes missing.. thats the ... Monday night... Monday he calls Allisons insurer....

Wonder what he asked the insurer? Payout figure, time to payout, if murder was a valid cause of death?

I don't understand what that means i'm dumb with words lol. Also can someone please explain this part???

Mr Davis said there has been no cause of death, no evidence putting him at Kholo Creek, no sightings of the car and no evidence of a time of

No cause of death? No bath water in the lungs, no strangulation??? What went on? This is not what I expected!!!

At this morning's bail application hearing for Mr Baden-Clay, it was also claimed police recovered a journal kept by his wife where she wrote about her husband's affair with Toni McHugh on April 18.

They say in their affidavit that this would have led to an argument between the two of them but Mr Davis said that was an assumption only.

The police are objecting to Mr Baden-Clay getting bail because they say he could interfere with potential witnesses.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lay-bail-hearing/story-e6freoof-1226405120615

My opinion only.. the life insurance firm will state whether he was checking to see how much she was worth dead, or attempting to up grade her cover to something more substantial..

either way...

I was referring to the words they used i.e. circumstantial and compelling evidence. Compelling is something you might use to refer to a novel you can't put down. But circumstantial can mean there is none, or limited, hard evidence to support their suppositions.

There is no cause of death, going by the media updates - gobsmacked!

I don't know about sightings of the car. Maybe their is no definitive proof that their cars were seen i.e. a white 4wd could be any car.

Alyshia Gates ‏@alyshiagates

2.30pm judgement given on Baden-Clay bail application @9NewsBrisbane

2.30pm judgement given on Baden-Clay bail application @9NewsBrisbane

alisonsandy ‏@alisonsandy
Judgement on bail application scheduled for 2.30pm @couriermail #badenclay

Defence barrister Peter Davis SC seeking a non-publication order in relation to Baden-Clay bail application @9NewsBrisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wmarengel