*Arrest* Holly Bobo investigation- TBI press conference 5 March 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that is a good question. That neighbor of Zach's said there was some kind of stalking of Holly at the coon hunt (which really sounds legit to me) but last night the family spokesman Kevin Bromley said Holly did not sing there, and that Karen did not attend. That totally contradicts what we have heard from others so far.

I thought I had a vid of Holly singing at the coon hunt, but I am at a loss to find it (no time) in the 805 files in the main archive.

I found a bunch of old videos on YouTube - I'll let you know if I find that clip.

This is an interesting one from April 2011 in which Mr. Gwyn from the TBI predicted that the person who did it was someone in the community. Also it mentions "blood across the yard" after Holly was abducted which isn't how it is often described these days.

Holly Bobo: Nancy 4/20/11 Part 1 - YouTube

Well, that is a good question. That neighbor of Zach's said there was some kind of stalking of Holly at the coon hunt (which really sounds legit to me) but last night the family spokesman Kevin Bromley said Holly did not sing there, and that Karen did not attend. That totally contradicts what we have heard from others so far.

I thought I had a vid of Holly singing at the coon hunt, but I am at a loss to find it (no time) in the 805 files in the main archive.

AmandaReckonwith, thank you for your tireless efforts. If my memory is correct, a clip of HB singing was included in the WOW(Without Warning) documentary of the HB investigation which aired last year. Although it was verified that HB did sing at the DCC Coon Hunt in a prior year, it was debunked during the discussion that she performed at the DC Coon Hunt festival in 2011, imo..

I believe she has sung in previous years...but not the one before she was kidnapped. I think this is what we have read.
ZAs neighbor made comments indicating Karen Bobo was present and saw the men stalking around Holly. So there must be some misremembering somewhere.

Even if he would have released Holly after he kidnapped her he still could have been arrested for especially aggravated kidnapping. But because he did not release her and killed her, allegedly, he is being charged with both especially aggravated kidnapping and first degree murder. The kidnapping did not cause her death, but because she was murdered while she was kidnapped this makes it a capitol offense.

http://www.tncrimlaw.com/TPI_Crim/08_03.htm

Even if he had released her he would have been charged with aggravated kidnapping because he used a weapon (knife) in the commission of the felony aggravated kidnapping.

Yes, the charge of aggravated kidnapping means he was in the commission of one felony (kidnapping) when he committed another felony (murder) and that is why it is death penalty eligible.

It is like an armed bank robber that holds up a bank and is in the commission of the felony armed robbery then someone is murdered during the hold up... then that also can be a death penalty case.

IMO

I recall a video of her singing in church but I've never seen one at the coon hunt.

I have seen it. I thought it was amongst amandareckonwith's large case file.

As awful the thought is, I am sure you are not the only one who had it. It's sad we even have to discuss it. However, I agree with you. They would have to have some evidence of her in order to prove murder. The only case that comes to mind that would be an exception is that case of the doctor (Dr. B–something, it's an older case and I don't remember the specifics off the top of my head) who was convicted of murdering his wife (girlfriend?) and dumping the remains over the ocean via private plane. IIRC, they never recovered a body or DNA.

That little ramble aside, it might also be something like blood at a location known to the perp or the perp's vehicle. DNA testing takes a long time, and maybe that DNA has to be matched before they can definitively say something. Or it could be as simple as not being available to us because it would compromise or hurt the investigation.

Whatever the details of the case, I hope it is a strong one and justice is served.

The list of possibilities could be lengthy.

He doesn't strike me as being a neat person. If he dismembered her body (it pains me to even write that) they could have found bone and tissue on a tool such as a reciprocating saw in one of the outside buildings. He may have used it and just threw it back on the work bench unclean.

IMO

The video below has a clip of an interview with her cousin the singer, but later criminologist Casey Jordan says the police have dismissed the idea that music is connected to the abduction. In fact, Jordan sounds a little prophetic describing what she thinks the abductor is like and seems to be right on the button:

"Given what we know about these types of abductions, the most likely scenario is that it might be somebody she knows but doesn't really know, a secret or obsessive admirer, somebody who's been watching her from afar and really wants to get to know her, maybe feels shunned by her in their own mind. That is the most likely scene that we see in these sort of cases about 80% of the time."

Holly Bobo: Issues 4/18/11 - YouTube

Am I completely confused? Here's the article about the coon hunt. :waitasec:

http://www.wmctv.com/story/22157548...event-as-holly-bobo-days-before-disappearance

It seems Holly was there whether or not she sang or not.

But it doesn't seem like her mom was there. This seems to imply this is what they found out later on.

The Bobo family and a group they have teamed up with have discovered that there were more than 20 sex offenders at a Coon Hunter Dinner that Holly also attended. There were a lot of strangers in the area hunting coon and it was also turkey hunting season.

:seeya: Thank You, Amanda !

IF photos or video of the coon hunt exists, I know that someone here at WS will find it !

:loveyou:

Now I see where the rumor of the "turkey hunter" got started at the beginning of this investigation. And obviously her parents might have thought that Holly was accidentally shot from the woods, considering the blood, and maybe someone tried to cover it up.

But really I'm not sure the Coon Hunt dinner or the fact of all the hunters around had anything to do with Holly's disappearance. It wasn't all those sex offenders - just one creepy guy. You just wonder how many times when Holly was out in public that ZA was also there, or how long he had stalked her?

The only thing really pertaining to hunting was that the brother didn't think a guy wearing Camo was at first all that big of a deal (which it isn't in TN - people who don't hunt wear it too) and that ZA probably knew those woods and trails well from hunting around there all his life.

Why the police didn't shut down the trails is a mystery, but I wonder if they even had enough cops in that county to block all the roads out?

I honestly think that at first the police didn't know what they were dealing with and probably suspected some domestic problem with Holly, so they weren't going to run off and leave the family there alone while they closed the roads, as sad as that is in hindsight. The blood was right there in the yard, not off in the woods or near the road. Cops try to start from the beginning and in a small town like that an abduction is a pretty rare thing, so they worked from what they knew, instead of thinking outside the box.

The list of possibilities could be lengthy.

He doesn't strike me as being a neat person. If he dismembered her body (it pains me to even write that) they could have found bone and tissue on a tool such as a reciprocating saw in one of the outside buildings. He may have used it and just threw it back on the work bench unclean.

IMO

I agree. He has not really struck me as being intelligent so much as it seems he got just got "lucky", in a sense. That, and it seems that many people were afraid of him for one reason or another, and I would assume his "friends" would be afraid of him as well. IMO he seems like someone who enjoyed frightening people and that fear feeds his ego/arrogance.

I agree with you about his possible tools and their disposal. Someone might have provided information that led to the discovery of tools used in disposal or similar evidence. Maybe they were too afraid to talk to LE until ZA (and others perhaps?) were in custody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Legomatica_Locate