Arrest in JBR case part 2

PrayersForMaura said:
what if Patsy was lonely, met this guy through an Internet chat site and he became obsessed with her. She tried to get him to stop, and he killed JonBenet to get back at her? Or maybe he saw JonBenet, thought she was beautiful and so befriended Patsy to get closer to JonBenet?

What if it was JOHN that the guy was obsessed with...what if they met during a business trip and the guy just wouldn't go away. He was jealous of John's business success and killed JonBenet to get him so depressed that he'd quit Access Graphics and move to New Zealand? What if he found the video of JonBenet in her cowgirl outfit and remembered the cowboy outfit he had as a child and that reminded him of the horse he asked for and didn't get. And then, what if, he really decided to leave the country because there are too many horses here.

We could what if with our imaginations all day. Can we stick with the facts?

PaperDoll said:
I've been having a hard time today getting on WS today and then I saw the Headlines on my MSN Homepage, and I knew why...hehe :crazy: Well here is my :twocents:, not that anyone wants it, but something isn't sitting right with me about this new found arrest.. it's odd, to me, that Patsy is now dead and now they have a suspect, AND the ramson note doesn't play well with me and this guy :waitasec: hum... hum...
well you are not alone PD the note confuses me too. But they also said patsy was aware of a suspect before she died.

This is like some twisted media version of "Whisper Down The Lane".

What started out as "knew about certain aspects of the crime that weren't known to the public" has evolved into "confessed to certain aspects of the crime".

otto said:
He would have had plenty of time to know his way around the house as well.
He also would have had plenty of time to write the ransom note.

I wonder if he was hiding in the basement?

michelle said:
Now I swear I read earlier he knew details that were private.
I believe that those details appeared in emails that he had exchanged over several months with the documentary film maker, not in a police confession.

"Mrs. Ramsey knew about the imminent arrest before her death."

So.......what the heck were they waiting for?

dragonfly707 said:
On Greta tonight she was interviewing a doctor who actually worked on the case in Denver. Sorry I forget the name. But he mentioned something I had not heard before. She was questioning him regarding the blood in the underpants, and I thought I heard him inadvertantly say that the blood was caused by a paint brush. I knew that there was a paintbrush involved in the case, but I dont think I ever heard that the brush had been used to injure her in such away as to cause blood. (Say in such a way as a stab, or somesort of jab actually done with the brush).

Did anyone else hear this doctor?

This is well-known. The brush handle is believed to have been used for vaginal penetration. I believe they found some wood or paint fragments inside her.

dragonfly707 said:
What ever the case may be the guy was very buzy on the internet.

Here is a site that is like an online trade shows of somesort for teachers.

I am not sure how the stuff he posted figures into teaching but I just bet it is the same guy.

http://teachers.net/catalog/tradeshow_listing.html

And I bet that if we could find a way, he probably has been around here on webslueths, that is strictly a hunch on my part.
He was a musician as well...

wenchie said:
"Mrs. Ramsey knew about the imminent arrest before her death."

So.......what the heck were they waiting for?
According to one news report, he was only identified two days ago. Before then, he had been communicating through an internet pseudonym.

They need to be able to put this guy in Boulder 12/25/96 and probably also a DNA match...It would not surprise me if a child *advertiser censored* addict were able to fill in the missing links in the murder mechanics.

They may have been able to get DNA from one of his kids to try for a match like they did with BTK.

Chanler said:
According to one news report, he was only identified two days ago. Before then, he had been communicating through an internet pseudonym.

Sounds like the only "evidence" against him is some stuff he said over the internet.

This was posted about 5 minutes ago on the NY Times website:

An American identified as a schoolteacher was arrested in Bangkok yesterday in the death of JonBenet Ramsey, the 6-year-old beauty pageant princess who was found strangled in her home on Dec. 26, 1996.

The district attorney in Boulder, Colo., where the Ramseys lived when JonBenet’s body was found, said the arrest yesterday came after “several months of a focused and complex investigation.”

The district attorney, Mary Lacy, added in a three-paragraph statement on the Boulder County Web site that JonBenet’s parents, John and Patsy Ramsey, had been consulted during the investigation and that the family had been told of the arrest.

…………..snip………….

The Ramseys’ lawyer, L. Lin Wood, would not say whether the Ramseys had known Mr. Karr, according to The A.P. It was not immediately clear when investigators began focusing on Mr. Karr as a potential suspect in a widely talked about case that some commentators had compared to the kidnapping and killing of the Lindbergh baby in 1932.

Dan Boyd, a spokesman for Immigration and Customs Enforcement, part of the Department of Homeland Security in Washington, said that his agency’s attaché in Bangkok had assisted officers from the Boulder district attorney’s office and the Royal Thai Police in identifying and arresting the suspect.

A federal official involved in the investigation said that a hearing in Bangkok today could give the authorities access to Mr. Karr’s computer. The official said the authorities had been looking at him in connection with a child *advertiser censored* investigation. The official also said he expected that Mr. Karr would be returned to this country quickly, though it was not clear how soon.

…………………more at link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/17/us/17jonbenet.html?_r=1&hp&ex=1155787200&en=f356c52af2f16120&ei=5094&partner=homepage&oref=slogin

indigomood said:
He was a musician as well...
No the muscian is someone named John Mark Karr II and he lives in Petaluma now, that guy is a younger person. It might even be a son from the myspace picture that was up this afternoon.

That person is not the same but does live in Petaluma where this John Karr lived for a while and where his ex wife still lives.

tybee204 said:
since people dont register with the real names I wouldnt have a clue who is or is not registered.

Hi Tybee,

I've been dying to ask you this question once I got in again :doh: LOL, but can't you tell from an isp address if it is coming from Thailand? If not, you can check to see who as of today stops posting altogether on the JonBenet forum, right?

Scandi

I can't wait to see Keenan-Lacy throw open the files on this case! :woohoo: This new hoax just might turn out to be worth it's weight in gold!

RR

13abc.com: Suspect arrested in JonBenet Ramsey slaying

Authorities say 41-year-old John Mark Karr, a former schoolteacher, was arrested in Thailand and charged in the slaying of six-year-old beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey.

Sources say Karr confessed to elements of the killing of six-year-old JonBenet Ramsey when he was arrested at his home in Thailand.

He will be brought back to the U.S. and charged in connection with the bizarre and troubling murder and sexual assault -- and it won't be the first time he is charged with a sex crime against a child.

Sources tell ABC News that Karr wrote e-mails to a journalist in Colorado that contained accurage information about the case that only the killer could have known. ..

dragonfly707 said:
No the muscian is someone named John Mark Karr II and he lives in Petaluma now, that guy is a younger person. It might even be a son from the myspace picture that was up this afternoon.

That person is not the same but does live in Petaluma where this John Karr lived for a while and where his ex wife still lives.
Yeah, the young guy with the long hair is the II, but he does state on his "resume" that he is a musician as well.

I have a very strange feeling about this whole situation.
It really strikes me as some kind of a hoax orchestrated
by Team Ramsey.

I REALLY hope that an innocent man doesn't go to prison for this...
and that the guilty party doesn't walk free.

tybee204 said:
since people dont register with the real names I wouldnt have a clue who is or is not registered.
Will all of the murderers, pedophiles, and such, on this forum, please step forward and identify yourselves. Thanks.

I really hope I didn't waste the past ten years of my life convincing myself that it was the Ramsey's, and I was wrong.
:p

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675