ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge;INTERPOL alert #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this was a sleuthing page? If you want MSM there are plenty of clearinghouse type forums that provide that...with all due respect...what is the name of this site?

That being said... I am out to my sons graduation :) :)...won't be back on til much later...but been very interesting reading all the great stuff being posted...so many layers of this story.

RIP Jun Lin

Jujercu - Congratulations on the your son's graduation!!! You must be so proud! I hope you enjoy this special day.

I think that's correct. I'm holding my breath hoping it doesn't show up in the mail! However, Lafreniere said that it would be difficult (if not impossible) for him to have mailed the head to JL's family in China due to the parcel crossing so many international borders.

Just hope it hasn't been mailed to someone here in Canada.

If it was mailed in Canada, I'm sure it would've shown up by now, imo

International (surface mail) which is the least expensive could take up to 6 weeks.

Small Packet - International Surface 4 up to 6 weeks (surface)*

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/personal/guides/deliverystandards.jsf

No, not a national or statutory holiday in Canada today

Our last holiday was Monday May 21, Queen Victoria Day
Our next holiday national holiday is July 1, Canada Day

Indeed. And to add to that - the one after Canada Day is Civic Holiday held on 6th August. HOWEVER, IIRC that holday is not held in Quebec so if he's back in Canada by then, it's a working day for police, judges, courts, etc. in Quebec.

No you're not wrong. This latest finding was in Paris in what appears to be a wooded area. Considering LRM was in Paris and it's only 5 kms from where he stayed, I guess they're investigating whether or not it's connected to him.

I don't think it is but who knows. He allegedly did go bar hopping and met 2 men that we know of. I don't know if they ever located that guy that was seen with him at the hotel. :shrug:

Magnotta doesn't strike me as the outdoorsy type who might leave a leg in a wooded area... He also doesn't strike me as the type to pack human remains in his luggage but forget to pack his foundation and ProActiv...

Magnotta doesn't strike me as the outdoorsy type who might leave a leg in a wooded area... He also doesn't strike me as the type to pack human remains in his luggage but forget to pack his foundation and ProActiv...

That made me LOL :blushing:

Our healthcare system provides free healthcare to all Canadian citizens. The problem is most with mental health issues don't seek the help they need. I do not believe the accused killer has a mental illness. He's a narcissist, psychopath and as far as I know there is no known cure. He could have probably gotten some sort of treatment for some of his symptoms but there is no doubt in my mind that he enjoyed his fantasies.

Like the case of the one who got away with murder, no soul, no remorse. It's everyone else's fault. The me me me me me disease.

I've been wondering something. Is it possible for someone to be a psychopath and have other mental issues like bipolar? Every post I read states that he is either/or. I'm curious b/c he seems like a very complicated case to me, and while I do believe he is a psychopath ... I keep thinking there's a multitude of issues there that would've been next to impossible to treat.

Ok, I do have something to add. I see Reactive Attachment Disorder written all over his face and in the fact that NO relationships of any sort (friends, family, etc) can be found for him. No one claims this guy. That's not normal.

I think more needs to be found out about his childhood, if for no other reason than to find where the disconnect happened.

Good post.

Having worked with young children with RAD, I tend to agree. They (children with RAD) often will have Oppositional Defiant Disorder, too. LM shows (I mean, from what we can "see",lol) signs of both.

That said, we are doing quite a bit of long distance armchair psychology and we need to remember that since it is ALL speculation, anyone's guess is as good as anyone else's.

I appreciate your thoughts on this! Thanks!

Indeed. And to add to that - the one after Canada Day is Civic Holiday held on 6th August. HOWEVER, IIRC that holday is not held in Quebec so if he's back in Canada by then, it's a working day for police, judges, courts, etc. in Quebec.

It's a holiday here on June 24th. (our provincial holiday. St-Jean Baptiste). The 24th. is a Saturday so some businesses will be either closed on Friday or Monday

A human leg found in Paris <Bois de Vincennes>.

This is the only source I could find so far. It claims it was found by a jogger. Searches in the area were done but nothing else was found.

http://www.lepoint.fr/societe/une-j...u-bois-de-vincennes-08-06-2012-1470919_23.php

Bois de Vincennes

Bois de Vincennes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'd be surprised if it was anything to do with him. He would've had to have a place to do it. He was in Paris for 4 nights (27th-30th) before leaving on the evening of 31st. We know that he spent two days at the flat of someone he met either on the net or in a bar, and that that person went to the police when he recognised him. We also know that he almost certainly spent at least one night in a hotel, so I don't know when and where he would've done it.

I used to live next to the Bois de Vincennes, and it's veeeery big.

He was apparently spotted shoplifting whilst in Paris tho. One shop assistant said she saw him photographing products with his phone. After a while she asked him to stop handling the merchandise and he shouted at her "Je veux pas d'ennui!! Je veux pas d'ennui!!" (I don't want any trouble!!). Apparently in one of the shops he was trying to steal perfume.

http://www.20minutes.fr/societe/9493...verte-joggeuse

Loosely Translated:

"The horror in the woods. A jogger found a human leg Thursday night in a state of decomposition in the Bois de Vincennes, on Friday reported police sources told AFP. It is in an alley that the witness found that "human leg, without clothes and cut his ankle," said one source. The 12th district police and men of the homicide squad, entering the survey, were on hand Thursday night, but early research done around the place where the leg was found have not worked initially. The Bois de Vincennes is just 5 km from Bagnolet, where the cutter was spotted in Montreal before leaving France. Investigators have so far not mentioned a possible link between this new discovery and Luka Rocco Magnotta, while the United States, the investigation of an unsolved murder was revived."

How creepy the thread was started by someone called JustinsMom. That's the second post and thread he responded to on that date. The other one he's asking about fertility etc. Apparently he and his partner are having problems conceiving.

That often is the trouble with imaginary partners. I believe I read somewhere that the incidence of infertility with people who do not exist is quite high.

I don't have a link, though.......:D

I've been wondering something. Is it possible for someone to be a psychopath and have other mental issues like bipolar? Every post I read states that he is either/or. I'm curious b/c he seems like a very complicated case to me, and while I do believe he is a psychopath ... I keep thinking there's a multitude of issues there that would've been next to impossible to treat.

I'm pretty sure I heard one expert say that several conditions can overlap....

There has been discussion in the past about whether Canada has mudertainment talking heads. I think that with a US TV Talking head "Dr Drew" being the first to broad cast murdertainment TV about this case, it's clear that programs like that do not exist in Canada ... otherwise one of them would have scooped this. Canadian laws are stricter than US laws about the release of information prior to trial.
You are correct-
We have no murderentertainment TV in Canada. No Dr Drews, NGs, JVMs etc. and probably never will. We have publication bans and media blackouts and one will take effect the minute Magnotta returns home. Note we're getting very little new news now.

We value privacy in Canada is seems, way more than our US friends. The worlds right to know personal details about an individual or speculate about a case are trumped by the individuals right to privacy.
LM is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law by a jury of his peers- period.
That's why most of us who live here aren't as upset with the media discrepancies as as our friends in the US are. I know the media doesn't know because they aren't been told and won't be and probably aren't asking because they know they won't be told and neither will CNN or the BBC be told. No mention of DNA on the corpse or in it have been mentioned. No mention of fingerprints on the packages or on the limbs etc. Trust me they have all this because they need it, we don't however. We think we do but we really don't. We will get told something if LE feels our help is needed.
Once the trial starts the media in Canada will be forbidden to broadcast it on TV. There will be no Court TV in the courtroom and no photographs taken. We won't even be privy to details of the proceedings. That way jurors can go home and the judge and accused can be assured juror families and friends won't be in a position to sway the juror one way or another. The US media will be allowed to go home and NG will be free to flap her gums endlessly because the media ban can't be imposed on international media. Our courts can however bar the US and other media from the courtroom and just might if they feel it will jeopardize LMs right to a fair trial or mess with the jury.

Good post.

Having worked with young children with RAD, I tend to agree. They (children with RAD) often will have Oppositional Defiant Disorder, too. LM shows (I mean, from what we can "see",lol) signs of both.

That said, we are doing quite a bit of long distance armchair psychology and we need to remember that since it is ALL speculation, anyone's guess is as good as anyone else's.

I appreciate your thoughts on this! Thanks!

Really interesting, insightful and educational posts by both you FrayedKnot and TooCurious; thank you both.

FrayedKnot, given your experience with RAD or Oppositional Defiant Disorder, if someone had either of these conditions and it was not formally diagnosed and treated; Would they be more likely to not maintain close relationships/friendships?

I've mentioned this in the past, but I am bewildered that with all the resources we've utilized to sleuth Magnotta, none of us have been able to confirm that in the last 18 months there was a person in his life who would consider him to be a friend. It is beyond puzzling. To me, the only possibilities are: He had no friend in the last 18 months OR He thoroughly scrubbed all his online personalities so well that anyone that he'd consider a friend would not be uncovered by even a search of the cached versions of his sites/profiles.

That often is the trouble with imaginary partners. I believe I read somewhere that the incidence of infertility with people who do not exist is quite high.

I don't have a link, though.......:D

Best. Post. Ever. Hahahaha!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members