Art Gallery faces court over "obscene" statue of Christ.

If anything I feel a vague sense of embarasment for the artist and those to whom this work appeals to.
It speaks very clearly of the vulgar filth that must lie at the core of their beings.
It really doesnt say anything about Jesus Christ.
Its kind of sad really.

As a committed Catholic, I am offended by this. Furthermore, the reactions that say "oh it's just art" and "we don't want to censor creativity" or whatever, are typical of our modern day flip flop of values that says good is bad and bad is good. I am not surprised.

My best response to this kind of situation is to say, fine, maybe in our warped modern day world, you have the right to display any kind of offensive trash you please, but I have the right to vote with my feet, and I will never never never ever set foot in your establishment again. I would write them a letter saying just that. If I happened to be a benefactor of said establishment, I would cease supporting them.

When Christians (and any other group) are offended, they should 1 - be vocal about their offence, and 2 - boycott the offending party. Let's see how long the principle of freedom of expression exceeds the principle of running a long term profitable venture.

imo

I do not know where to begin or where to stop. Religion causes more deaths and suffering than any other cause. The art was stupid. Let the artist go down as an attention grabber. Jesus and God are works of fiction created by man.

I totally agree with everything you said. Are Disney & Steven Spielberg getting all up-in-arms about the statues of Mickey Mouse & E.T.?

I totally agree with everything you said. Are Disney & Steven Spielberg getting all up-in-arms about the statues of Mickey Mouse & E.T.?
You have got to be kidding?

Do you really think anyone holds the same reverence for Mickey Mouse or ET as they do for Jesus Christ? Who places Mickey at the center of their life? Who worships ET?

You may not be a believer, but think about the offence you may feel if the statue was an insult to someone you do hold in esteem, say your favoirte hero, or President?

imho

.....Do you really think anyone holds the same reverence for Mickey Mouse or ET as they do for Jesus Christ? ....

Athiests, Many Agnostics. Anyone not Christian or Jewish, I'd suppose. That's a HUGE population in this world that do not hold reverence for Jesus Christ. I'd say some of those people grew up with Mickey Mouse, so, yeah, I can see it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1
Back