ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just super perplexed how bodies can be found in vast areas that are searched but now we have two bodies in Aruba that cant' be found...you would think clothing or hair would wash ashore if the bodies were in the ocean and if on land, why haven't they found them by now?

Not hard to clean up at all but easy to pick up the smallest sample with the right equipment and, if you really want to find it. The key here is what did they really want to find? I don't think they did much in the form of making an effort much less making a concerted effort. It took them a whole month before they even sent the forensics that they did have to Holland. The BOULDER Robyn cut her foot on ... that has me stymied. It was huge. It's not something any one of us would have walked into or on. It stood out like a neon light in the middle of the sand.

According to witnesses she did not go into the water there, they left. So could the blood have been something he planted to prove she did go into the water there. They were seen at 5pm up the beach from where they were and he took off in the opposite direction. Does not leave him time to run back to Baby Beach to snorkel. So his story is unraveling. I would think they have chemicals to test for blood even if it was left over from the Holloway case. My understanding is they are holding the car.

The reason for waiting a month is it's not the USA. LE has to wait for the judge to decide if there was enough evidence to hold him for a crime. If the judge claims there was no crime there is no reason to send off the evidence. They could hold him for 30 days according to their law and then the judge has to make a decision. When the judge decided yes there is enough the evidence was sent on to Holland. Like I said it it different down there and everyone wants to make Aruba fit into what we feel the US would do. They do it differently down there and it does not mean it is wrong. Now if you were in jail you may have a different opinion and wish you were back in the good old USA.

My understanding is the prison has no air conditioning for the prisoners. So yes it would be very uncomfortable for them. But the prison is not that old...maybe 20 years at the most. jmo

Here is a tour from a few years ago.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/inside-look-at-aruba-prison/6563zyf

I'm just super perplexed how bodies can be found in vast areas that are searched but now we have two bodies in Aruba that cant' be found...you would think clothing or hair would wash ashore if the bodies were in the ocean and if on land, why haven't they found them by now?

They were fisherman and go out into the deeper waters where the currents run pretty strong. I remember I had jumped off one of the boats that anchor in the coves down by the lighthouse and I did not put fins on. Just wanted to snorkel without them. Trying to get back I could not go anywhere the current was pretty strong. Then I remember to swim even with the beach as I have been told and was able to get back. So I have felt that current first hand and this is close to the beach.

Once they get pretty far out into the deeper waters and that is where the fish are they are taking a risk if they have no radio or cell phone. You should see some of the boats and how small they are but they still go out to get those shrimp. There are sharks in those waters, too, and their boats really are not that big. Think about Jaws....shutter. :razz:

Not hard to clean up at all but easy to pick up the smallest sample with the right equipment and, if you really want to find it. The key here is what did they really want to find? I don't think they did much in the form of making an effort much less making a concerted effort. It took them a whole month before they even sent the forensics that they did have to Holland. The BOULDER Robyn cut her foot on ... that has me stymied. It was huge. It's not something any one of us would have walked into or on. It stood out like a neon light in the middle of the sand.

Call me stupid, I really don't care....
What would be the point of not solving this crime?
Why would aruba bebefit
She is an American
The suspect is an American

Do you really think Aruba would benefit in any way from not solving this crime... if in fact there is one?

There is NO eveidence, it is very simple

According to witnesses she did not go into the water there, they left. So could the blood have been something he planted to prove she did go into the water there. They were seen at 5pm up the beach from where they were and he took off in the opposite direction. Does not leave him time to run back to Baby Beach to snorkel. So his story is unraveling. I would think they have chemicals to test for blood even if it was left over from the Holloway case. My understanding is they are holding the car.

The reason for waiting a month is it's not the USA. LE has to wait for the judge to decide if there was enough evidence to hold him for a crime. If the judge claims there was no crime there is no reason to send off the evidence. They could hold him for 30 days according to their law and then the judge has to make a decision. When the judge decided yes there is enough the evidence was sent on to Holland. Like I said it it different down there and everyone wants to make Aruba fit into what we feel the US would do. They do it differently down there and it does not mean it is wrong. Now if you were in jail you may have a different opinion and wish you were back in the good old USA.

My understanding is the prison has no air conditioning for the prisoners. So yes it would be very uncomfortable for them. But the prison is not that old...maybe 20 years at the most. jmo

Here is a tour from a few years ago.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/inside-look-at-aruba-prison/6563zyf

IF there was a crime... it was NOT commited in the US
You go to another country
Learn to follow the rules
The US has no durastiction in Aruba
Whether its right or wrong, IMO, too bad
I don't think we need to keep repeating Aruba laws
It doesn't much matter whether or not you agree
An American went to another country and he is a suspect under that countries rules
Is he Guilty??
I don't know

Honesty

And I want to give my opinion on a few other things
AND its my opinion

I do not believe these people turn their back on things thay see happening...nonsense
They are simply not as informed as we are, and i need to say... they may not see all of the reports that we see, How many are wrong!!
And i will tell you based on my own experiece... nobody has ever not been concerned about a supposed crime that has happened on their Island, no one I have spoken to.

Its a place not unlike where most of us live, its not back woods, its not third world

The laws are different as they are in any other country

Anyone following Amanda Knox??

If you want things to be as they are at home... stay home

IMO, the Aruban LE would love to put an end /solve this disappearance
There is no benefit to them allowing this to be a cold case

Until I am proven wrong... I don't beieve they have one shred of evidence and at the end of Oct , GG will go free
Don't know what may happen in the US, different country, different laws

They were fisherman and go out into the deeper waters where the currents run pretty strong. I remember I had jumped off one of the boats that anchor in the coves down by the lighthouse and I did not put fins on. Just wanted to snorkel without them. Trying to get back I could not go anywhere the current was pretty strong. Then I remember to swim even with the beach as I have been told and was able to get back. So I have felt that current first hand and this is close to the beach.

Once they get pretty far out into the deeper waters and that is where the fish are they are taking a risk if they have no radio or cell phone. You should see some of the boats and how small they are but they still go out to get those shrimp. There are sharks in those waters, too, and their boats really are not that big. Think about Jaws....shutter. :razz:

I am really not sure I understand
Boats are not that Big?

And if they went from the shore, which i doubt, what do boats have to do with it

I think you and I are seeing things from a different perspective, As tourists, with all due respect

Yeah, I really doubt she cut her foot, toe or whatever on a rock or boulder.

Call me stupid, I really don't care....
What would be the point of not solving this crime?
Why would aruba bebefit
She is an American
The suspect is an American

Do you really think Aruba would benefit in any way from not solving this crime... if in fact there is one?

There is NO eveidence, it is very simple

Do you consider circumstantial evidence no evidence? Exactly what do you mean by no evidence?

I am really not sure I understand
Boats are not that Big?

And if they went from the shore, which i doubt, what do boats have to do with it

I think you and I are seeing things from a different perspective, As tourists, with all due respect

http://www.kparuba.com/missing.html#

Click on their picture, Dushi. They went out on a fishing trip and were due back and never returned. Eighteen foot whaler with a 150 hpm is not what I call a big boat in those waters. If they were five or ten miles out I doubt their bodies would be coming ashore if their boat sank. jmo

AND its my opinion

I do not believe these people turn their back on things thay see happening...nonsense
They are simply not as informed as we are, and i need to say... they may not see all of the reports that we see, How many are wrong!!
And i will tell you based on my own experiece... nobody has ever not been concerned about a supposed crime that has happened on their Island, no one I have spoken to.

Its a place not unlike where most of us live, its not back woods, its not third world

Until I am proven wrong... I don't beieve they have one shred of evidence and at the end of Oct , GG will go free

I have sent an email to the Aruba Police force asking them for information on this case but have yet to hear back from them. I will let the forum know everything, if anything, I hear back. One of my questions, among others, is why is Robyn Gardner not listed on their "Missing Persons" page. Natalee Holloway is listed. Strange to me. Anyone w/ any insight into this, more than welcome.

Just want to make it clear that I DO NOT blame Aruba! That's not what I meant when asking if they were behind in forensic science. I was asking if they were because I did not know.
And as far as me thinking there would be blood if someone was violently being attacked, to the extent, that the car was rocking, I'm not sure why anyone would think no blood was shed. Trust me, being attacked by a man who is bigger than you and can easily over power you, is nothing like dodging a child's arm from hitting you. I mean no disrespect by that comment either. But trust me, being in a closed area (such as a car)(if this is even true) doesn't help a person while being attacked. It makes it even harder to get away. And I can speak for only myself when I say this but I always closed my eyes when I realized I was cornered and couldn't get away. When I would fight back or try to get away it would only anger the person I was in a relationship with, therefore the blows were harder and the busted lips and busted nose were always present. I believe that IF this is a true account, that she did bleed and I would think that there would be lots of blood. My nose can barely get bumped and it bleeds like crazy. But that's me.

ShoretoShore, I am sorry for your experience. Just dreadful but I am so glad you are here. All I can say about RG situation is I am so lucky that mistakes I've made didn't cost me my life. I just feel that GG set her up to disapear for the money-I don't know if thats what he intended but IMO, she was going to be the big pay off for him.

AND its my opinion

I think all of their evidence is circumstantial. People in the US have been found guilty of murder on circumstantial evidence ... I do not see that happening in this case, in Aruba. As you say, things are different. No juries in Aruba ... big difference. I agree that if you travel to another country you have to live by their rules so travel with caution is my motto.

I do not think when GG leaves Aruba, he will be a free man. He's going to walk right into the hands of the US government who has examined forensically his home, his computers and his many video's taken from his home, including those taken in his bedroom of people unaware it was being done although there was a sign posted at his front door stating if you come in you'll be video taped.

There's been no news of the grand jury here in MD ... they announced it on the news the day before they convened then nothing.

I have sent an email to the Aruba Police force asking them for information on this case but have yet to hear back from them. I will let the forum know everything, if anything, I hear back. One of my questions, among others, is why is Robyn Gardner not listed on their "Missing Persons" page. Natalee Holloway is listed. Strange to me. Anyone w/ any insight into this, more than welcome.

I seriously doubt if they respond.

Just want to make it clear that I DO NOT blame Aruba! That's not what I meant when asking if they were behind in forensic science. I was asking if they were because I did not know.
And as far as me thinking there would be blood if someone was violently being attacked, to the extent, that the car was rocking, I'm not sure why anyone would think no blood was shed. Trust me, being attacked by a man who is bigger than you and can easily over power you, is nothing like dodging a child's arm from hitting you. I mean no disrespect by that comment either. But trust me, being in a closed area (such as a car)(if this is even true) doesn't help a person while being attacked. It makes it even harder to get away. And I can speak for only myself when I say this but I always closed my eyes when I realized I was cornered and couldn't get away. When I would fight back or try to get away it would only anger the person I was in a relationship with, therefore the blows were harder and the busted lips and busted nose were always present. I believe that IF this is a true account, that she did bleed and I would think that there would be lots of blood. My nose can barely get bumped and it bleeds like crazy. But that's me.

I'm sorry you experienced what we are discussing first hand and am so very glad that you removed yourself from that situation.

ShoretoShore, I am sorry for your experience. Just dreadful but I am so glad you are here. All I can say about RG situation is I am so lucky that mistakes I've made didn't cost me my life. I just feel that GG set her up to disapear for the money-I don't know if thats what he intended but IMO, she was going to be the big pay off for him.

We have all made stupid decisions in our lives. We usually learn from them. That's exactly what I feel happened with Robyn. She needed to feel better about herself because she had just lost her job, apparently her and RF were rocky; her life was messed up (in her mind) so she made a decision to go with GG. When under duress like that we make stupid, not well thought out spur of the moment decisions out of anger and/or hurt.

This is so sad really. I just think she was mixed up and confused. Just my opinion but I've made some of my most wrong decisions during trying times in my life.

I don't think that site is up to date
In 2007 a man went missing who is not listed on that page either
I have never heard whether he was found, but I don't believe he was

Do you consider circumstantial evidence no evidence? Exactly what do you mean by no evidence?

It doesn't matter how i may see things
Its up to a judge to decide

all I know for sure is they were seen together and now she has disappeared

But imo, not a lot of solid evidence that points to murder...that I know of

We can speculate on insurance policies etc, but we really don't have all of the facts

The Arubans could have a file full of evidence, but they are not saying anything
They are still holding him without charges

Perhaps they are waiting for forensics to come back

I don't see any reason not to press charges if there is evidence of a crime

ANd.......... above? Jurisdiction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No glasses on LOL

What I was trying to say is there is no guarantee there was any blood but the fact that GG claims she cut her toe more than likely they could find some. Just because they cleaned the car does not mean they won't find the blood stains. The blood on the rock still remains a mystery though??? jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels