Ask Super

It's not so much that they thought they had to lie about the pineapple itself. They had to lie about her not being awake and not seen alive again. They had to lie because that pineapple was eaten about 2 hours before she died. It would NOT appear partially digested in her small intesting if she had eaten it at the White's or before going to the White's. It would have passed further along her digestive tract by that time, possibly even been excreted.
The pineapple in her stomach took them by surprise. They had no idea it would be found in an autopsy, let alone in an identifiable form. At the awful moment they realized what they had done- where the pineapple she had recently eaten would be in her digestive tract was NOT among their realizations. And if it ever HAD been they would assume, as most people without a background in forensic medicine, that it would be digested and unrecognizable. And the bowl had only PRs prints. They HAD to deny knowledge of it. It pointed right to PR.
Why is the timing important? The closer the murder to the time they arrived home (say, death occuring midnight-1am as opposed to 4 am) the less likely it is that an intruder commited the crime. JR and BR were up a while playing with a toy. By PR's own admission, she was up for a while doing last-minute things for the trip. How would an intruder know where to hide? There were presents in the basement, maybe PR needed to bring them along...who knows what rooms she'd be going in? Even in a big house like that, with parents up and about no intruder would risk walking around the house. First JBRs room (to kidnap her) with a sibling right down the hall, the kitchen (to feed her pineapple) the basement (to molest/kill and stage the crime).
Sadly all the pieces fit one way. The arrive home around 10. They are all awake. JBR, while she has been readied for bed, has a pineapple snack between 10 pm and midnight, given by PR, possibly after BR goes to bed. The rage/abuse occur around midnight or so. Scream is heard by neighbor. Strange lights are seen in kitchen by neighbor (as the Rs move around with a flashlight so no one sees in the windows. )There were no shades pulled down in the kitchen- PR had short valences on the window. People could see right in, at night with lights on inside.
Cororner confirms pineapple was eaten about 2 hours before death. Rs put Dec.25th date of death on gravestone. Both are correct.

The midnight time frame fits perfectly with Patsy and JonBenet's nightly routine of a midnight potty run too.

Thanks for taking time to post your view on the pineapple.

I have a question for SuperDave, if he is still taking questions on this thread....alternatively, someone else can chime in, I guess..

What do you think Fleet White knew or thought he knew that caused him to get so angry at the Rs? What was it that made him so suspicious? It also seemed to me that he was directing his suspicion at JR specifically.

Thank you!

I have a question for SuperDave, if he is still taking questions on this thread....alternatively, someone else can chime in, I guess..

What do you think Fleet White knew or thought he knew that caused him to get so angry at the Rs? What was it that made him so suspicious? It also seemed to me that he was directing his suspicion at JR specifically.

Thank you!

I think he knew, in the same way you or I would know, for a thousand reasons, that John knew who had killed Jon Benet and was lying about it and the first clues came when the body was discovered and the light dawned brighter from those early moments on. If your best friend did something so heinous as this and you were there to see the formation of the lies and cover up do you not think you would know something was wrong and from that seed of doubt full suspicion would grow? Especially if you were to ditto the circumstances . Ultimately I think the last straw came when they would not return to Boulder to search for their daughthers murderer but instead chose to give an interview on television stalling intvestigators at every turn instead of assisting them. JMHO

I think he knew, in the same way you or I would know, for a thousand reasons, that John knew who had killed Jon Benet and was lying about it and the first clues came when the body was discovered and the light dawned brighter from those early moments on. If your best friend did something so heinous as this and you were there to see the formation of the lies and cover up do you not think you would know something was wrong and from that seed of doubt full suspicion would grow? Especially if you were to ditto the circumstances . Ultimately I think the last straw came when they would not return to Boulder to search for their daughthers murderer but instead chose to give an interview on television stalling intvestigators at every turn instead of assisting them. JMHO
But I just don't see if that was the case why FW wasn't shouting his suspicions from the rooftops. Could he not have done more, such as go to the police and share his suspicions, and park on their doorstep until they took him seriously? ST was investigating it at the time. I don't have the impression from ST's book that this was the case, or I think there would have been more from FW in ST's book.

imo

But I just don't see if that was the case why FW wasn't shouting his suspicions from the rooftops. Could he not have done more, such as go to the police and share his suspicions, and park on their doorstep until they took him seriously? ST was investigating it at the time. I don't have the impression from ST's book that this was the case, or I think there would have been more from FW in ST's book.

imo

FW DID voice his suspicions to the police. As far as doing more...the Rs lawyers stepped up THAT plate and stopped him, as well as anyone else pointing a finger at the Rs.

FW could write a book himself,but as he stated in ST's book,he wants an outside prosecutor.he won't talk until that happens.he's a very upstanding person,IMO.he and PW both.the R's were lucky to have such great friends.it's a shame they ended up so unfairly on the bus list.
that's one of the reasons the Whites were called that morning..b/c the R's wanted LE to see what nice friends they had..it made them look good.
I can't help but notice the Stines weren't called.

Well, I am still taking questions.

Honestly, I think FW was upset that they were not doing as much as he would have--or he thought, at least--done. And in John's case, they were friends. I know what it's like when you feel a friend has betrayed you.

::waving hand::
I have more questions,if you have the time...

..very little is said about Patsy's father...was he interviewed,do you know? I can't find anything on it.
Do you think he and Nedra didn't come to Boulder after JB was found b/c they didn't want to risk being questioned by police?
(due to him possibly sexually abusing JB?)
Why did JR's side of the family have lawyers,yet Patsy's did not (I assume,as I can't find any info on it).

thx for anything you have to say.

Yes, there has not been much at all said about Grandpa Paugh. SD, if you can add anything to what we already know, it would be greatly appreciated. All I know is that there is some talk of him being in Boulder Christmas Day, and that he was seen in photographs (which have not been made public). Not much else, that I can recall.

Yes, there has not been much at all said about Grandpa Paugh. SD, if you can add anything to what we already know, it would be greatly appreciated. All I know is that there is some talk of him being in Boulder Christmas Day, and that he was seen in photographs (which have not been made public). Not much else, that I can recall.
From what I can remember there was something said about him having to fly stand-by on either the 24th or 25th. BTW, about twenty years ago I had to fly stand-by even though I had a ticket that was bought in advance. I believe the flight had accidentally been overbooked, but everything turned out okay and I was able to be on that particular flight as originally planned.

-Tea

I read that, too. Has anyone ever seen if proof of his flight was ever sought by LE? Nedra and he seemed live apart much of the time. He had an apartment right there in Boulder, right? And I know Nedra didn't care for Colorado- she was a Southern Gal through and through.

I have more questions,if you have the time...

..very little is said about Patsy's father...was he interviewed,do you know? I can't find anything on it.
Do you think he and Nedra didn't come to Boulder after JB was found b/c they didn't want to risk being questioned by police?
(due to him possibly sexually abusing JB?)
Why did JR's side of the family have lawyers,yet Patsy's did not (I assume,as I can't find any info on it).

I think he was interviewed, but to what extent I couldn't say.

I think they didn't come to Boulder because they expected the rest to come to them, which is what happened.

Perhaps John was preparing to toss Patsy to the wolves.

I think he was interviewed, but to what extent I couldn't say.

I think they didn't come to Boulder because they expected the rest to come to them, which is what happened.

Perhaps John was preparing to toss Patsy to the wolves.

thx :)

another question...

Since UK and I were discussing this on another thread...do you have an opinion on whether the paintbrush handle was left inside JB?
To me,it doesn't make sense that it would have been,seeing as she was wiped down,and her underwear was changed.IMO,the splinter or bifringement material appears to be there due to being left accidentally in the process of staging.
thx for any thoughts.

One more...

..do you have any opinion on what might be blacked out in the description of JB's body being found in the WC? (the last line).thx.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back