Attorney for Cox family asks for police files in Susan Powell case

I wonder too.

When Josh killed the boys I thought WVC said they were close to making an arrest at the latest they thought by the summertime. Well, it's almost the end of summer. Maybe they have found something that SP's involved in Susan's disappearance too. I hope so.

eta, maybe they found something tying SP to Susan when they searched Josh's storage unit?

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow
BREAKING NEWS: #WVC has DENIED request for #findsusan police records. @fox13now #Utah

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow
#WVC says releasing the reports would hamper an ongoing police investigation. @fox13now #findsusan #Utah

I think there are MANY things already hampering their 'ongoing investigation'.

I wonder too.

When Josh killed the boys I thought WVC said they were close to making an arrest at the latest they thought by the summertime. Well, it's almost the end of summer. Maybe they have found something that SP's involved in Susan's disappearance too. I hope so.

eta, maybe they found something tying SP to Susan when they searched Josh's storage unit?

I can't see how SP is not involved one way or the other. I almost wonder if he was creepy and cruel enough to put the idea in Josh's head that Susan agreed to run away with him - that whole deal about him hoping Susan would marry him one day is just too weird and it shows how horrible he treated his own son. On the other hand, I still strongly suspect SP could have kidnapped Susan and held her a while.

At any rate, I hope there is some evidence in the storage shed that helps solve all this. Or anywhere!

I'd love to hear a little update on how the boys are handling all of this. I hope they go on to lead full and wonderful lives and make their mama proud!

I'd love to hear a little update on how the boys are handling all of this. I hope they go on to lead full and wonderful lives and make their mama proud!

Um... what boys? You mean Susan's little boys? The ones their "loving father" hacked to pieces then blew them up in his house along with himself?

I hope God and their mother are protecting them from that monster who's reigning in hell...

Just tragic, and way past time some of these police and prosecutors had to answer some hard questions.

Hindsight is 20/20 though...one thing we all have to keep in mind is that Susan clearly felt neither she nor her children were at serious risk.

If she had, she would've gotten out.

She didn't.

Just tragic, and way past time some of these police and prosecutors had to answer some hard questions.

Hindsight is 20/20 though...one thing we all have to keep in mind is that Susan clearly felt neither she nor her children were at serious risk.

She didn't.

It is not a simple thing to walk away from a marriage when there are little ones involved. It takes lots of planning, money, and care. A victim of DM is in the most danger during the period she finally leaves. We know Susan was making plans. She was putting money aside. She was recording things in a journal at work. She did know he was dangerous. She was treading water, diligently preparing for the right moment to do it. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a discussion about divorce/leaving is what precipitated her murder that night.

She didn't.
Really? Ya think? I would have to disagree with this. I think she absolutely knew that they were at risk and was making preparations to get them all out of there. Leaving an abuser is NOT easy. Actually that is the time that is most dangerous for someone who is leaving their abuser. It takes a lot of planning and preparation. Been there done that. The last think you are going to do is to announce it to everyone. The fewer people who know your plans the better off you are.

Really? Ya think? I would have to disagree with this. I think she absolutely knew that they were at risk and was making preparations to get them all out of there. Leaving an abuser is NOT easy. Actually that is the time that is most dangerous for someone who is leaving their abuser. It takes a lot of planning and preparation. Been there done that. The last think you are going to do is to announce it to everyone. The fewer people who know your plans the better off you are.

After seeing what Josh was capable of doing to those little boys, I can see him murdering her in a fit of rage, ESPECIALLY if she indicated/or got caught trying to leave. Nobody was going to get the best of Josh Powell, in my opinion - he'd show 'em, and he did.

While I believe she may have been planning and preparing to leave JP, I certainly don't believe she thought she or the children were in immediate danger of any kind...her actions didn't present that at all. At the very least, all she had to do was pick up the phone and call her father or rent a car and take off with the kids to WA to her family. It wouldn't be the ideal situation, and would have been hard and tedious after the fact, but it could have be done. She had her SIL and Kiirsi as well to help and many stated they thought things within the marriage were better. She was going to the church counselor and trying to still make the marriage work...and giving JP an ultimatum and deadline until the following April. Her writings and "last will" found had been written more than a year before her disappearance. You don't give someone your in immediate fear of an ultimatium!! She was given very bad advise , imo. I can't stress that enough! In fairness to the "counselor" she too may have held back many of her fears and facts and didn't portray the full picture of the situation either because she was still wanting it to work.

I believe the story as it has evolved.... especially with all the media attention... is being viewed much different now than originally because of the final outcome. Even her father in the beginning didn't believe JP could harm her. Maybe a review is in order....especially for those that joined in much later. How different now the outlook of the situation vs at the beginning when we still have the same Susan missing, with the same things she had done and stated to them before December 7, 2009.

I'm not trying to diminish how sick and twisted JP and his father were, they were and are..but have to say it blew my mind only days...not a week, but days after JP and the boys deaths, THEN the media was pointing the finger directly at SP as her killer, when prior... always reporting that JP was the ONLY POI per LE. It was/is sensationalism at it's height and with emotions running very high it did it's job for many in turning their heads. Those documents will never be revealed IMO....and the same man who gave the bumbling, ridiculus, blue cap interview successfully pulled off the disappearce of his wife...beyond the intelligence and combined efforts of LE and the FBI. ; and Susan must have been holding back much information from her own family, her counselor and her dearest friends if in fear, because surely if she was and had told any of them...it would have been the first thing reported..it wasn't. That's the bottom line when we open our eyes...no matter how unbelievable. IMO.

While I don't see a thread for the Tribune's request for a records release this is what happened. Denied. Charge him/them then fgs, already. The waiting for an arrest is awful & the denied release of records are just torture anymore waiting. I can't imagine being the Cox's. Bless their strength & Tribune editor Nate Carlisle for trying.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/54966157-78/powell-records-tribune-documents.html.csp

Oh and Ben Winslow who is my favorite for his reporting!

From your link:

..... and reports regarding vehicles Josh Powell rented after his wife’s disappearance.

Is this just an error, or did he rent more than one? Possibly the rented van during his move to WA?

After seeing what Josh was capable of doing to those little boys, I can see him murdering her in a fit of rage, ESPECIALLY if she indicated/or got caught trying to leave. Nobody was going to get the best of Josh Powell, in my opinion - he'd show 'em, and he did.

It is not a simple thing to walk away from a marriage when there are little ones involved. It takes lots of planning, money, and care. A victim of DM is in the most danger during the period she finally leaves. We know Susan was making plans. She was putting money aside. She was recording things in a journal at work. She did know he was dangerous. She was treading water, diligently preparing for the right moment to do it. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a discussion about divorce/leaving is what precipitated her murder that night.

Personally I think it was an argument about Susan discovering Josh was abusing the boys. I don't think the apple fell too far from the tree with Josh. Something escalated that night. We know Susan was preparing to leave Josh but something caused her to loose her cool and show her hand to Josh that night. And I think it was that Susan finally saw that Josh is just like his father.

Every day I come here looking for a break in this case. So, so sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back