AU - Plans for emu underpass vetoed as, doggone it, emus not bright enough to use it

My fault for the missing heads up. Emu coins.....it's the sort of pathetic - pathetic, and not even plucky - way the bird is attempting to prop up the shield thing with its leg. The kangaroo looks mortified at have to share the same space. One can bet he got a new agent fast after that shoot.

Now the noble little kiwi - that's a bird made for coinage. If it appears shy it's because of deep-seated fears of being mistaken for a dwarf emu: "Oh dear."

Australian trivia - the emu and the kangaroo are on our coat of arms because neither can go backwards.

True story.

My fault for the missing heads up. Emu coins.....it's the sort of pathetic - pathetic, and not even plucky - way the bird is attempting to prop up the shield thing with its leg. The kangaroo looks mortified at have to share the same space. One can bet he got a new agent fast after that shoot.

Now the noble little kiwi - that's a bird made for coinage. If it appears shy it's because of deep-seated fears of being mistaken for a dwarf emu: "Oh dear."

The back is actually the Australian flag image. Emus and Kangaroos appear on the flag because neither can back up, aka backdown.

On a more serious note -

Seeing emus flouncing through the fields with their babies in tow is one of the unforgettable sights of Australia.
The notion of an emu flouncing has tilted the world on its axis.

The notion of an emu flouncing has tilted the world on its axis.

It is the only way to describe it.

They run brainlessly towards imaginary spots in the distance, and their feathers flounce up and down like petticoats.

I have never seen an emu as roadkill, so they must be marginally more intelligent than their hopping friend, the kangaroo, who is mesmerised by oncoming lights and freezes in the middle of the road, the better to study them.

This brought back some bad....memories for me:

The EMU mating dance:

[video=youtube;2RVZvUJDTUE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RVZvUJDTUE[/video]

It is the only way to describe it.

They run brainlessly towards imaginary spots in the distance, and their feathers flounce up and down like petticoats.

BBM

tumblr_lk25d8hhhQ1qcg3vgo1_400-1.jpg

Okay, I take it all back; I've just noticed a striking resemblance between [Abe Lincoln on a five dollar bill] and an emu.

Emu's are pretty much feathered busy bodies. I lived in a smaller town on 17 acres and the new neighbors over and behind us got Emu's to raise; at that time I raised bird dogs. I see this gangly, goofy looking OSTRITCH birdy tromping down the field towards my house. Emu, meet broom. Funny thing was, the Emu's kept escaping to come see the bird dogs. Durrrrrrr.... :floorlaugh:

Emu's are pretty much feathered busy bodies. I lived in a smaller town on 17 acres and the new neighbors over and behind us got Emu's to raise; at that time I raised bird dogs. I see this gangly, goofy looking OSTRITCH birdy tromping down the field towards my house. Emu, meet broom. Funny thing was, the Emu's kept escaping to come see the bird dogs. Durrrrrrr.... :floorlaugh:

129034087235761097.jpg

Damn...someone looks lost

[video=youtube;vVxQZTxDBzU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVxQZTxDBzU[/video]

ah yes, the old days.......

If I danced like that, thank goodness it was before digital cameras, cell phone cameras, etc

In these parts, EMU stands for Eastern Michigan University - about 7 miles east of the University of Michigan. Go Blue!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back