Audio/Video Interview Transcription Project

BeanE and others, if anybody does do a transcript and is willing to share to have it put on my Caylee Transcript directory web site, I personally need the file in plain old ordinary unformatted text like in a Notepad file. I can't use any other format. Thanks.

My e-mail is acandyrose@aol.com

ACR

Do you/Does someone know how to convert a word file into a "Notepad" file???

I'm still working on transcribing George's interview with LE but if this has been done by someone else, please DO let me know! This takes a long time to do and I would hate to be working on it if has already been done! Also - the only format that I know how to do this in is Word...Does someone know how to change that to "Notebook" once I'm done???

:confused:

Pink Panther,

If you're typing it in a MS Word file as straight unformated text then you should be able to copy and paste the whole file into a "NotePad" (Not Notebook, but Notepad) file and then save it. Assuming you're using a PC (and not Mac), everybody who has a PC should have *Notepad*.

And YES it takes a LONG TIME to do any of these transcripts, especially the video or audio files as it's "listen, pause, type, listen, pause, type...." so I can absolutely appreciate you doing the one you're working on.

If you're unsure how to find Notepad in your PC, go to START, PROGRAMS, ACCESSARIES, NOTEPAD. Once you open it, be sure to go to *format* at the top and click on *wordwrap* so all your text will show in one window. Then just use it like it's a piece of paper in the typewriter. :)

If you're unsure how to copy & paste the text from WORD, do a "select all" in WORD and while all the text is highlighted, then press the "ctrl" (control) key and the "c" key on your keyboard and that will save the text to your invisable internal clipboard in your hard drive. Then immediately open Notepad, while it's open, press the "ctrl" key and the "v" on your keyboard and that will paste to Notepad what you saved from the Word program. :)

I hope this helps and good luck. :)

ACR

Lots of new transcripts typed and up at ACR's site ....

http://www.acandyrose.com/caylee_anthony_transcripts.htm

Check out the Caylee Case Names List by clicking the link at the top .... names listed as they appear in the documents. Great tool for finding info quick.

Thanks again ACR for your dedication to all the missing ... your site is a wealth of info on a ton of cases!:blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back