AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask how you heard the cars are unregistered?

Exactly
You need her mobile so she can dig herself deper.
Police could have good reasons to not clip her wings? Otherwise they'd be "grounded" for sure.

Recall that Kiesha Abrahams mother led police to her grave. Desperate people can do desperate things.

If LE solve both of these murders with successful prosecutions it will be an outstanding outcome. I feel though that a lot of luck and some wrong steps by perpetrators or connections could still be needed. It's going to be a long haul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They need her mobile so she can dig a deeper hole. Hopefully. Pretty standard procedure. These people think they are smarter than the rest but will end up getting a very rude shock.

I still can't believe both their cars are unregistered and they drove them in front of media and to the police station .. seriously?

The irony of an amputee potentially not receiving 3rd party pay out for motor vehicle trauma

I still can't believe both their cars are unregistered and they drove them in front of media and to the police station .. seriously?

I notice the police are being very tight lipped at the moment. I wonder if it's because of the ramifications of the media coverage generally, or if they've got something big coming up.

I'd say it's a bit of both Panda.

I'd say it's a bit of both Panda.

Yes, I agree Makara. I think they're being very cautious. Can't say I blame them though. It really brings home the incredible amount of work they do ... not just this case, there's plenty of other important cases they're working on too, on a daily basis, working continually behind the scenes. We have no idea, sitting behind our computers trying to play detective.

One of the first things done is check rego's.
The powers that be will be well aware.
It is also a way of letting the suspect think the cops aint that smart.

I agree with you, and I think it just highlights where H is coming from.
And yes I have notified Crimestoppers , (listed as a traffic infringement.)

I think the uncertainty whether a fraudster spoke directly to Karlie's mother, Colleen, is to a large extent due to the slight rewording of two versions of the "joint statement" made by SA and NSW Police on 27 October. The first version to be placed online seems to be the one placed on the SA Police website at 2:37pm that day (pasted under the quote below) (EDIT: Not sure if this is SA Time?], which to me implies that Colleen did not speak directly to the fraudster. The relevant section said:

Police believe those responsible for her murder retained the phone in order to dupe Ms Pearce-Stevenson's family members into believing she was still alive.
It's known that the phone's message bank was accessed by the offender/s and text messages sent to the murdered woman's mother, inducing her to send money to the bank account.
A woman impersonated Ms Pearce-Stevenson also had brief conversations with family members

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-pol.../wynarka-belanglo-inquiry-update#.Vjp482s-45u

That version of the Joint statement was originally posted on the NSW Police Facebook at 3.19pm that day under photos of Karlie and Khandalyce. A modified version was posted on the Facebook page of the Sutherland Local Area Command of the NSW Police Force at 5.46pm, which has minor but important changes in terms of interpreting this point. This was in a link someone provided on this thread, which I have pasted below under the quote, which contains both versions. I was unable to find any copy of the joint statement on the main NSW Police Force Facebook page, as opposed to the Sutherland LAC. The relevant words said:

" In addition to the bank account access, Ms Pearce-Stevenson’s phone has been used on a number of occasions.
Police believe the phone was retained by the offenders to send text messages to Ms Pearce-Stevenson’s family members in a bid to dupe them into believing she was still alive.
The phone’s message bank was accessed by the offenders and a woman impersonated Ms Pearce-Stevenson to induce the murdered woman’s mother into sending money to the bank account.
"
https://www.facebook.com/SutherlandLAC/posts/1008900522474253

My inclination is to accept the original wording of the joint statement as it appears on the SA Police website and in the original posting on the NSW Police Sutherland LAC Facebook at 3.19pm on 27 October because it is a "joint statement" and no changes have been made to the original posted on the SA Police website, nor has a later version been added there.

"South Australian police refused to comment on the possible suitcase link, when they planned to speak to Strandbags management"

Well that clears up that question.
However, I do wonder why they are taking so long to speak to them.
Not that I suppose there is a great chance the store staff will remember the specific details of the purchase, such as whether it was a man or a woman using the card, but I am surprised they haven't been contacted yet.
The police must have bigger fish to fry, I suppose.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/have-police-tracked-down-origins-of-suitcase-that-had-khandalyces-bones-inside/story-fnihsrk2-1227597393922

Was Karlie driving someone elses red Commodore which is why she was pulled over on the Stuart highway by police?

It definitely was Karlies red station wagon?

Does someone have a picture of the two grey Commodores in the drive

Using a card and not cash in the store just goes to show that they are not very smart.

Re Pearce-Stevenson‘s accused killer ‘a follower’:

i understand from MSM articles that TB did NOT leave DH, <Modsnip>
To me 'follower ' means a lackey or a toady. TB may be trying to protect him.
Or equally possible, even taunting him.
A person who is in police custody and refuses to make a statement is IMO quite a tough character. A weaker person, a follower? when confronted with the evidence, or with the interview techniques police can bring to bear, would sing like a bird IMO even if only to squawk they did not do it.

"South Australian police refused to comment on the possible suitcase link, when they planned to speak to Strandbags management"

Well that clears up that question.
However, I do wonder why they are taking so long to speak to them.
Not that I suppose there is a great chance the store staff will remember the specific details of the purchase, such as whether it was a man or a woman using the card, but I am surprised they haven't been contacted yet.
The police must have bigger fish to fry, I suppose.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/have-police-tracked-down-origins-of-suitcase-that-had-khandalyces-bones-inside/story-fnihsrk2-1227597393922

They may not have to speak to Management of the Mt Gambier store, if they already know where the suitcase was purchased.

It could have belonged to Karlie or her family prior to her leaving Alice, possibly already identified by family members.

Very interesting reading on here this morning, especially the newspaper report about the personality of DH. (if we are to believe that it's true of course, it could be a mate trying to say he was a follower, not a leader, to keep him out of trouble and point the finger elsewhere)

Yes , in my opinion it is the latter, ie to try to paint him as if he was carrying out directions from HP or some other woman. Of his past relationships, we know that DH was about 7 years older than HP and 13 years older than Karlie. He was a massive 22 years older than his former fiancee from Charnwood, and she was only 16. I could be wrong but it would surprise me if a man who wished to be dominated by a woman would consistently select women who were considerably younger than him to fulfill that need for domination.

Anyway, the friend of his youth from Orange says that DH's need to be led by a woman changed after the accident in which HP was injured. All of the crimes we are considering occurred after that accident, i.e., after he is said to have changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX