AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was of the impression that the mobile phone triangulation technique gave an understanding of what recievers are in a particular area at any time.
It may well be that his phone was detected moving in to the Wallaroo area at 2:17 and then detected 21.5 hrs later having moved again towards Adelaide.
So although they cant pinpoint the exact location or moment in time, they know he left Canberra, stopped for 21.5hrs in the Wallaroo vacinity and then made a bee line for Adelaide.
Same with the Belangelo 'pings'. They just look at what recievers were in the area at the time and see which one has a connection to the crime, then follow the trail either side of the crime.

Just to add, a lot of pubs etc seem to have CCTV outside these days. Perhaps that captured something.

So many possibilities.... and a good discussion going on here now.
Maybe they have CCTV that shows the various comings and goings of guests (if it has accommodation, of course).

I know this is beating my head against a wall, but I still don't understand why, if he really wanted to hide the suitcase, he didn't drive down a side road few hundred metres.
And was the inclusion of the clothing just stupidity? Did it simply not occur to him that those items would make the body identifiable?

Why did he drive out of his way to Belangelo, why did he do any of the stuff he's accused of, your guess is as good as mine.

As for the contents, i dont think he gave it that much thought, just happy to be on the way home.

IMO

Did he have GPS? we don't know what car he was driving, did he borrow a car or hire one. I can't see him taking Karlie's car back to S.A. so where was it?

Why would it matter, at the time he was driving across the country no one knew any crime had been committed, infact, if he arrived back in Adelaide in a different car people may be likely to ask where Karlie's was.
I think part of the bluff that all was well was to continue on like nothing had happened, just tell anyone who asked that she was interstate and anyone interstate that she'd gone home.
So long as neither crossed paths, all was well, the only people who knew the truth were the guilty party and the imposter.

Why would it matter, at the time he was driving across the country no one knew any crime had been committed, infact, if he arrived back in Adelaide in a different car people may be likely to ask where Karlie's was.
I think part of the bluff that all was well was to continue on like nothing had happened, just tell anyone who asked that she was interstate and anyone interstate that she'd gone home.
So long as neither crossed paths, all was well, the only people who knew the truth were the guilty party and the imposter.

And not necessarily the imposter, either, at least at that stage. IMO he is very good at making up stories and very adept at telling lies to cover his escapades over the years. As you say above, he could just tell anyone anything, including the imposter. And he had Karlie's phone, so it would be easy to send texts confirming any of his stories or as Karlie, asking for favours.

IMO opinion, a despicable man who is currently in the right place.

Court documents suggest Khandalyce was killed in Wallaroo, just north of Canberra, on December 19, 2008 or in the very early hours of the following day.

same link as above (can't edit)

Had there been some event at Wallaroo perhaps ...?

I know this is beating my head against a wall, but I still don't understand why, if he really wanted to hide the suitcase, he didn't drive down a side road few hundred metres.
And was the inclusion of the clothing just stupidity? Did it simply not occur to him that those items would make the body identifiable?

Its dumbfounding Jane, that it it didn't dawn on him at some stage in the ensuing years that it might be a good idea to move the suitcase & it's incriminating evidence from beside the Karoonda Hwy to a less risky location. Was there a problem with DH's perception? A grandiose belief in his own lies & stories that perhaps was well in existence before the MVA?

Its dumbfounding Jane, that it it didn't dawn on him at some stage in the ensuing years that it might be a good idea to move the suitcase & it's incriminating evidence from beside the Karoonda Hwy to a less risky location. Was there a problem with DH's perception?

A grandiose belief in his own lies & stories that perhaps was well in existence before the MVA?

Certainly points towards some sort of mental illness, not that excuses his actions at all. Maybe drug induced skitzofrenia? Drug use certainly would have exaserbated his mental health. And may have included delusions of grandure and self importance and voices. Or manic episodes. God I hope he doesn't plead insanity or deminished responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname