AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://resources3.news.com.au/image...9983-6bd63326-3c9b-11e5-8994-dd0ed9376faf.jpg

In regards to the H.F tag, the first thing that came to my mind was Tommy Hilfiger -- long shot I know, but bear with me. The tag has what appears to be the trademark colours of the brand - red white blue. Tommy Hilfiger is known under Hilfiger, Tommy Sport, Tommy USA and "TH" inc. This "H.F" tag could be a very poor knock off, as in an abbreviation of Hilfiger, or a cheap brand that is just trying to imitate the iconic Hilfiger brand.
The kangaroo doesn't look like the official 'made in Australia' symbol to me, it just seems a bit different to me..
and 'AUSTRALIA' doesn't mean it was made in Australia
So my best guess is that this is from a knock off item of clothing too

I've emailed the seller asking for photos of any labels 😊 see if we can get a better image

Super! - How have you found it?? I searched the whole day and found nothing with the name.

I had posted this quilt. Is it yours, Jerrica?

ISpySnowballQuilt.jpg

Yes, it is. I searched this because of Snowball-pattern.

Regarding centrelink - surely red flags are going to be raised when this child should have reached the age where she should be enrolled in school? Everything is linked up these days and if someone is collecting benefits for a school age child who isn't enrolled anywhere, it's going to be noticed. Although it occasionally happens, it's pretty rare that people live completely off the grid and don't claim their entitlements. The "people" that did this are living on borrowed time.

I know that in some previous cases, where kids were disposed of by parents, they had some good excuses for family members. One of the 'best' excuses is that CPS took the child away. Or the child is living with an 'ex' in another state. It does not work forever though if there are grandparents or older siblings wanting an answer.

Been searching a combination of letters lol
I finally found it via search for haolalu
It's the only thing I can find, hopefully the seller will get back to me but if based in Philippines I think it's early hours now so maybe tomorrow
Fingers crossed

Super! - How have you found it?? I searched the whole day and found nothing with the name.

Well done Riggaby. I initially thought the label was Haolalu and not what was reported in MSM. I think the journo's just made a stab at what they thought the label said.

i have tried to enhance the gaf label, not much better but there is some print underneath and I also see a number "6"
is this the size? sorry I'm not good with how sizing works on different countries tags but this would be a small ladies size in UK?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 171
That HF tag with the kangaroo looks quite similar to the sort of tag you would see on towels and face washers, just thinking do we actually know if it's off clothing?

i have tried to enhance the gaf label, not much better but there is some print underneath and I also see a number "6"
is this the size? sorry I'm not good with how sizing works on different countries tags but this would be a small ladies size in UK?

I see more letters next to the 6. I'm not sure if it's printed or writing. All the way to the right I see something like 'Rom'.

Considering it's not compulsory to get immunised, and you have approximately 300,000 births a year in Australia (minus the male births) and they have a child aged between the ages of 2 and 4 to investigate. That's a lot of records to search. But i like your thinking kyja, it might take some time.

A few people have mentioned in earlier posts, they think this child's birth may not of been registered and i can agree that might of happened in some extreme circumstances. but the reason i think there will be a record of this little girl is because of the BABY BONUS.

There is also the law.... When a child is born the parents have 60 days to register the birth before incurring fines of $1000 which then proves a deterrent if forms haven't been lodged. That wouldn't be a deterrent though if it was a home birth and no pre natal care.

A few of you may remember the headlines - "A rise in child abuse because of baby bonus" "Teenagers getting pregnant because of baby bonus" "Babies abandoned because of baby bonus"

The baby bonus scheme introduced by the Federal Government of Australia in the 2002 budget was aimed at offsetting the expenses associated with bearing a child. The scheme was also introduced as a means of increasing Australia's fertility rate and to mitigate the effects of Australia's ageing population.[3] In the 2004 budget the bonus was raised from $3,000 effective 1 July 2004 to $4,000 payable in 2007 but indexed to inflation so that in October 2007, the amount receivable per eligible child was $4,133.[4] The bonus was paid in a lump sum to a nominated financial institution. From January 1, 2009 the payment is paid in 13 fortnightly installments. The receivable amount in January 2012 was $5,437. The receivable amount in September 2012 is $5,000 in 13 fortnightly instalments (parents will receive a higher first instalment of $846.20 and 12 fortnightly instalments of $346.15), or if the baby died or was a stillborn, parents may ask for their Baby Bonus to be paid in a lump sum instead of fortnightly instalments

Hopefully there will be some kind of trail to find this little one, through immunisation records like Kyja mentioned, school records or centrelink paymets
Its definitely a long shot but Im thinking they could start small and look at any children in SA that didn't have any parent claim the immunisation bonus at 4 years old. It's a massive job but with everything linked up these days surely it wouldn't be impossible.

I see more letters next to the 6. I'm not sure if it's printed or writing. All the way to the right I see something like 'Rom'.

I think it is "cm" as in centimetres for measurement.

US=6 like M
UK=6 like S

Regarding centrelink - surely red flags are going to be raised when this child should have reached the age where she should be enrolled in school? Everything is linked up these days and if someone is collecting benefits for a school age child who isn't enrolled anywhere, it's going to be noticed. Although it occasionally happens, it's pretty rare that people live completely off the grid and don't claim their entitlements. The "people" that did this are living on borrowed time.

Surely there are people who collect their bonus and then move out of the country? Or people just move around a lot, divorce, remarry, custody arrangements change - and there's no definitive year when the girl died. I would think it would be virtually impossible to track her down that way.

http://resources3.news.com.au/image...9983-6bd63326-3c9b-11e5-8994-dd0ed9376faf.jpg

In regards to the H.F tag, the first thing that came to my mind was Tommy Hilfiger -- long shot I know, but bear with me. The tag has what appears to be the trademark colours of the brand - red white blue. Tommy Hilfiger is known under Hilfiger, Tommy Sport, Tommy USA and "TH" inc. This "H.F" tag could be a very poor knock off, as in an abbreviation of Hilfiger, or a cheap brand that is just trying to imitate the iconic Hilfiger brand.
The kangaroo doesn't look like the official 'made in Australia' symbol to me, it just seems a bit different to me..
and 'AUSTRALIA' doesn't mean it was made in Australia
So my best guess is that this is from a knock off item of clothing too

i agree, it has the same red white and blue as the tommy h brand and looks like a poor copy, and theyve added the kangaroo symbol probably to appeal to aus buyers as well, paddys markets have a lot of copy clothing

I think it is "cm" as in centimetres for measurement.

Could it be a website address ... .com? It's hard to know if the squiggle is part of the lettering, or just a stray thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back