Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #7 *Arrest*

Why did these alleged charges of attempting to murder husband, seem to only appear after the ‘mushroom lunch’? If you genuinely thought your life was in jeopardy, especially after 3 alleged attempts, why the long delay in pressing charges? Hard to have evidence to support allegation or to defend them.

What am I missing?
It may well be possible there could be evidence to support the allegations of attempted murder, as her husband had 3 operations on his bowel, and if there were specimens taken during the operations and if these were embedded in parrafin or were sent to pathology as frozen section specimens, the lab would have to keep the specimens for a period of 10 years. Therefore, these specimens could be re-examined since these allegations have come into being, and could have provided the proof that is needed.
IMO

“'I collapsed at home then was in an induced coma for 16 days through which I had three emergency operations mainly on my small intestine, plus an additional planned operation,' he wrote.”

If I am reading correctly, it seems that a Sec 198 hearing is about the defence having the opportunity to examine specific witnesses - maybe the defence's opportunity to try to have some witness testimony/evidence excluded from the trial?

It is an order for the accused to conduct limited preparatory cross-examination.

Probably well more than $100,000. imo
It is going to be a LOT.

I looked at the trial/court fees payable to a SC (eg: first trial day $6,822 with every subsequent day $3,210) with additional fees for all of the mentions/filings/directions hearing/sentencing hearing etc.

On top of that ... solicitor fees, and whatever she has paid her first two lawyers.

She still has the 2nd solicitor Bill Doogue who is the instructing solicitor. Colin Mandy SC is her barrister.

"The brief was served on Patterson’s lawyers in March. She is being represented by solicitor Bill Doogue and Mandy."

The Age is reporting that in court today there was also an amendment to the locations of three of EP's alleged previous attempts to murder her husband.

At Korumburra between November 16 and 17, 2021
At Howqua between May 25 and 27, 2022
At Wilsons Promontory on September 6, 2022

Wow, she really must hate him is she did this. Would his death be a financial gain for her?

She still has the 2nd solicitor Bill Doogue who is the instructing solicitor. Colin Mandy SC is her barrister.

"The brief was served on Patterson’s lawyers in March. She is being represented by solicitor Bill Doogue and Mandy."

Thanks for the link.
Still following this case and not certain of the possible motive but it seems financial ?
As well as anger against her in-laws.
Omo.

Thanks for the link.
Still following this case and not certain of the possible motive but it seems financial ?
As well as anger against her in-laws.
Omo.

MOO

Because the evidence is yet to be tested by the court and no guilt can be presumed until the charges have been proved beyond reasonable doubt, I'm still looking at this case as charges unproven.
In my opinion, a motive for financial gain doesn't really fit given what we know about her inheritance?

Last edited:
In my opinion, a motive for financial gain doesn't really fit given what we know about her inheritance?
Rsbm.

We know she bought a fair amount of real estate with her inheritance. But it's not clear how she was paying for day-to-day expenses.

It's certainly possible that she had other means. On the other hand, she could have also gotten in over her head and needed cash. It certainly wouldn't be the first time that a windfall led someone to make rash financial decisions.

I found some wild mushrooms today in the Southern Highlands in NSW. They look like they are straight out of a fairytale, and on doing a bit of research, they are highly poisonous. Apparently children have been poisoned in the past after eating them… being tempted to eat them as the mushrooms appear in Super Mario video game, and also in Alice in Wonderland.

1715155293346.png

It is called Amanita muscaria…. and they were everywhere!!!!
  • Amanita muscaria is one of the most remarkable mushrooms for its distinctive appearance, but sometimes it can be mistaken for edible species.
  • Amanita muscaria is a highly poisonous mushroom; the primary effects usually involve the central nervous system, and in severe poisoning, symptoms may manifest with coma and in rare cases lead to death.

MOO

Because the evidence is yet to be tested by the court and no guilt can be presumed until the charges have been proved beyond reasonable doubt, I'm still looking at this case as charges unproven.
We’re still allowed to discuss our thoughts. Even in the US, it’s innocent until proven guilty, but we can opine on what we know.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back