Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to cast aspersions :) I'm sure many people are completely unaware that the camera is there. But I would think a local agent who spent so much time in the area would have noticed. Where was the C21 office before it moved to Taringa? Was it at the roundabout? Surely he would have known if that were the case.

I think it was up that area with all the other real estate agents. Oh yep...

Century 21 Westside
2/2105 Moggill Road
Kenmore QLD 4069

Not trying to cast aspersions :) I'm sure many people are completely unaware that the camera is there. But I would think a local agent who spent so much time in the area would have noticed. Where was the C21 office before it moved to Taringa? Was it at the roundabout? Surely he would have known if that were the case.

Ta Juno, I did try to make a smiley face after that but failed (insert frowny face here).

Thanks, that's what I was trying to ascertain, the likelihood of him knowing about it bc if it's such common knowledge I would expect him as an agent and someone involved in the community to know.

If he knew though, could he forget the potential of such surveillance in the heat of the moment?? Guess I'm asking how long is a piece of string ...

Maybe he thought they only work if you go through a red light or speed or in peak hours, maybe he forgot or didnt know, he would have been severely stressed and panicked by that stage,everyoe makes mistakes under duress and stress, if it was not planned and he has killed her his head would have been doing backflips and he would not have been able to use his computer to try and look up things as he would of been aware that his computer and phone would of been checked later, look the whole thing from his scratches, his explanations, his car accident, facial hair, not talking to media, parents grany hormones playing up in the garage, hiring lawyers and barristers, the way it all unfolded. If he isnt guilty, then I will never right on a forum again as I would be mortified I got it so wrong, but this is just a process now as there are way too many coincidences and it all just sounds like a massive lie which is what he is good at afterall, lying for a living, lying to his wife about affair and now lying to the world about what happened to her

GBC has hired an extremely experienced and well known SC (seniour counsel).

This will cost him (or those supporting him) mega bucks.

If the rumours are true - GBC isn't that cashed up.

You'd only want to pay all you had if there was something big at stake. Something that was worth more than money.

Many people have lost their homes just in order to pay legal fees, they accumulate quickly even with your standard lawyer and barrister.

I'd say he's already clocked up a couple of grand so far.

I have a few solicitors in the in-laws family and listen with interest sometimes about their occupation. And even from my own business dealings with lawyers I can tell you now, the Gold Coast law firm would have made him put $10,000 into their trust account from day one. The barrister will charge $500-1000 per hour so at the end of the day if he is innocent and he is just using them for a sense of 'security' and reputation then that cash is gone. If he thinks that he will have to use them for many months to come (i.e if he is guilty and needs to) then you can pretty much say goodbye to around$150,000

Doesn't it speak volumes that he has even hired this lot!!

My heart goes out to these 3 poor little girls it trully does, I don't think
i have been so touched and moved and sad before like I have for these poor little angels. I wish they weren't in that mad house!!!

But I am so worried that this A'hole (if guilty) is going to worm his way out of a conviction with these QC's, SC's, Barristers bla bla in tow. I hope and pray Qld Police have some solid evidencce and not all circumstantial.

And No I dont think he is cashed up whatsoever. Nor do I get the impression that the folks have a lazy $150k lying around

If he knew though, could he forget the potential of such surveillance in the heat of the moment?? Guess I'm asking how long is a piece of string ...

It's hard to say what someone would be thinking in this situation, but certainly very possible. I guess the more pertinent question is why he would be going this way in the first place as going via the roundabout is not the quickest or least conspicuous way to get from their house to Anstead. Without knowing more details, it certainly raises more questions than it answers.

Yes, but is it just me in thinking that the police are alluding to something 'unusual' that happened in that area/roundabout?

Otherwise, how would anyone remember a particular car just driving through at the same time? It's an impossible task but then, I guess it's worth asking. There might be someone with a prodigious memory for detail who just remembers one of the cars.

Yes I'm glad you said this, because this is definitely the feeling I got. It seems as though something unusual must have happened, that someone might remember (but mightn't have thought originally that it would be connected to this case) - otherwise as you say, who would remember any other car at that roundabout? I go through it every day and never notice anyone else (hopefully not an indication of my driving skills :))

As you say though, I guess the question is worth asking, you never know, it just might jog someone's memory.

I must be seeing things, I'm sure I just read on here that someone saw on sky news that an arrest was made? But I can't see it, and nothing online yet....

Yes, the century 21 office was originally just up from the round about, but I believe in the last few years, it was up next to the coffee club. Until moving to taringa.

WOW! that got me moving!
No the title on sky news is BADEN-CLAY ARREST but its not actully an arrest, just the way these cheeky buggers word things....:( :(

just a recap of todays press conference with Det Ainsworth basically

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't people, even the guilty, use the media to ask for information. I don't recall GBC using the media to ask for information about Allison's disappearance during the 10/11 days she was missing. (I may be wrong and have missed it)
Assuming GBC is guilty, he will find the green sweatshirt and tracksuits he may be wearing at Arthur Gorrie or Brisbane Correctional Centre, a casual change from the yellow suit jacket from Century 21.
There is always protective custody if he finds the general population inside too harsh.

I must be seeing things, I'm sure I just read on here that someone saw on sky news that an arrest was made? But I can't see it, and nothing online yet....

Yes, the century 21 office was originally just up from the round about, but I believe in the last few years, it was up next to the coffee club. Until moving to taringa.
Must be seeing things lol, but it won't be long, he would have intense police presence around him justb waitig for the call to bring him in, I would say the police are working around the clock to piece this together with the forensic teams and the prosecuter, even though law and order is a show, it is still correct that they all need permission to make arrests and the prosecuter needs to be sure the case will stick. GBC will not be surprised whn they come and get him but my bet is he will stay silent, we will never hear from him, his lawyers will do all the talking from here on in and he will be used as a girlfriend in jail in the showers

Good evening all,

A couple of things to add from a first time poster. I have been following this case and this website with an obsessive interest for a couple of reasons. Firstly my family and I live in the area and our children attend the same school as the Baden Clay children.
Like most I have no doubt that GBC is guilty and if he is not then he has done an amazing job of convincing the public that he is. His interview was the most pathetic attempt of acting that I have ever seen including hours of home and away in my youth. Judging by his parents efforts in front of the camera I don't think there is much acting talent in the family.
My wife called me several months ago to tell me of a sleazy guy that had approached her and she only mentioned it as she said he had a huge creep factor about him. No guessing as to who it turned out to be. Have also been told by a close friend that he had a mark under his eye on the Thursday morning so the aggression in the house may have been escalating.
I can not imagine why he would have been driving anywhere near the roundabout considering rafting ground road is so close unless there was a mid trip change of mind regarding where to dispose of Allison.
I believe he has bought the barrister on to achieve 2 things. Firstly to minimize the charge and sentence when the confession comes and secondly to manage the story that is released surrounding the circumstances of her death. He will certainly be he'll bent on convincing as many people as possible that her death was an accident which was followed by some hasty decisions that were panic driven. For his children's sake he will be surly trying to minimize his already damaged profile through this.
On a final note my heart aches for Allison's children and parents. I do not believe that there are accidents that result in death of a domestic nature. His selfish and gutless nature has robbed three beautiful innocent girls of a mother and her parents of their daughter.
I pray that they gain normality in their lives at some point.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't people, even the guilty, use the media to ask for information. I don't recall GBC using the media to ask for information about Allison's disappearance during the 10/11 days she was missing. (I may be wrong and have missed it)
Assuming GBC is guilty, he will find the green sweatshirt and tracksuits he may be wearing at Arthur Gorrie or Brisbane Correctional Centre, a casual change from the yellow suit jacket from Century 21.
There is always protective custody if he finds the general population inside too harsh.

It's hard to say what someone would be thinking in this situation, but certainly very possible. I guess the more pertinent question is why he would be going this way in the first place as going via the roundabout is not the quickest or least conspicuous way to get from their house to Anstead. Without knowing more details, it certainly raises more questions than it answers.

Tells me that this was something out of their control. Yep, the preffered path would be via Rafting ground rd, but something has happened and like we were saying earlier, the police seem to be alluding that Allison was alive at that point.

If I was in his situation (presuming he's guilty) and know the police are hot on his tracks I would be aiming for an overdose. It sounds harsh, especially for the children, but I would see it as the only way out.

**For the record, I have no intention to kill anyone**

Do we think that the lawyers know the truth? (if he is guilty of course)

Just trying to get my head around the timeline...

Do we know for sure that the children were definitely at home that night? I still think that they most probably hold the key.

Poor little things, if any of them heard or noticed anything it just makes me shudder, no child should have to go through what they are going through and will continue to go through.

Were they definitely home? There doesn't seem to have been much said about their whereabouts, or whether Allison had put them to bed etc.

Yeah I reckon they do, otherwise they know he's lying and milking him for everything he's got!

Do we think that the lawyers know the truth? (if he is guilty of course)

They probably know, but they don't want him to tell them. If he tells them he did it, they have a duty to the court to be honest. So, they will probably tell him not to make any admissions to them. I think this is how it works with criminal lawyers. Anyone know more about this?

Hey wait a minute!

We're assuming that (whoever it was) did go down Moggill rd via the roundabout. What if they didn't - instead, went straight ahead then doubled back for some reason. Who knows the circumstances, tracked back and then went via rafting ground.

A shop owner at Kenmore plaza was questioned about whether their cctv saw Allison's car in the carpark. But this was in the early days of the search.

If I was in his situation (presuming he's guilty) and know the police are hot on his tracks I would be aiming for an overdose. It sounds harsh, especially for the children, but I would see it as the only way out.

**For the record, I have no intention to kill anyone**
I fully agree, I just hope if he does it he doesnt take the 3 girls with him as he is obviously a coward, I have a bad feeling he will feel that they are better with him and take thme with him if he goes down that avenue. I just wish the cops would hurry up and get them out of there, this is one point I definitely do not want to be right about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg