Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thread has moved on slightly, but there was some debate about the weather a couple of pages ago.

I live the other side of Mt Coot-tha from Brookfield, but the Saturday before Allison was found we had over 180mm of rain in 24 hours. This was following several weeks of virtually no rainfall at all.

I've finally given in and joined, seeing as I've been reading these threads since the 30th April it's probably time!

Hello!! Glad you have joined!! :)

Thanks... but try telling that to my hubby! haha Not sure if that's an Aussie saying.
Once I was chatting to a friend in US and I mentioned something that I was going to do 'this arvo'. She was stumped, but I had no idea that she wouldn't know what I meant. She asked me "What is an arvo?" Funny how we all have certain phrases that we assume evryone knows, hey? :)

I always get puzzled looks when I'm in the States...I once asked casually 'Any toilets round here?'
The poor guy asked if our toilets Down Under are square...he had no idea what I meant.

Would it be possible that the ABC and GBC met with Mr Baden-Clay senior for marriage counselling and there was a confrontation that led to ABC death?

Gee, I hope he wasn't their marriage counsllor. :)

I agree coolcat...the very first report which featured Kerry-Anne was a little confusing.

The later report (around the time of the funeral.. ie...11th, 12th or 13th May)...cleared it & stated Kerry-Anne as saying the girls had a sleepover on the Thursday night. I remember reading it.

Just to get this whole sleepover thing correct...would any member still have a printed edition of either Courier Mail or Sunday Mail for those dates I mentioned above??

Didn't the hairdresser say she had been told the kids were at a sleepover?

Im not as convinced on this. I think the fact that the police have interviewed her so many times and for such long periods at times, is telling. If she was assisting police with her enquiries would she hire a lawyer? is this normal behaviour for someone not a suspect who is being very helpful and informative? Would the police allow her to be named and shamed in the media if she was working with them? (that is providing the police can actually stop the media on what is released and I thought they could?) to me it looks like the QPS are not assisting HER in any way in appreciation for help cooperation and help. its seems like to me that they don't think to much of her either IMO

I tend to agree

Yes. IMO, GBC's sister displayed nervousness and uncertainty.

As a psychologist, I do tend to closely observe body language, even when I'm having a casual conversation with a friend (I know, my poor friends, family etc!). However, there are a couple of things I'd like to say about this: Firstly, IMO, most people don't need a "piece of paper" from a university to prove that they can read another's body language - this is typically a trait that humans develop through their formative years, with some people being better at it than others (and, without wanting to sound stereotypical, it has been acknowledged that women are better than men at this!). So, for many of us looking at media photos/videos, we immediately get a "feel" for whether or not a person is being honest with us. The amount of information that is presented through non-verbal means makes up approximately 90% of our communication.

Secondly, I'd like to point out that we are only getting small snippets in time, of images of different members of the BC family. The problem with this is that there is always the possibility that the media is trying to sway public perception one way or another. So, if they want us "believe" that someone is guilty, the photos or videos that are published will promote that line of thought. MOO.

In saying the above, I still believe that GBC's one and only media interview speaks volumes. And, unfortunately for him, the image that he has projected in this video is very negative. MOO.

I agree it is not the best interview...and also the media can sway things by how they present things...camera angles, what they edit or don't edit etc. I have seen that countless times when a story is about something that I know more about or the people involved.

Aside from this we shouldn't forget that there could have been other factors at play like lack of sleep, effects of possible medications post car crash or for anxiety/ depression in relation to the events that could have effected his responses and body language etc. It wasn't a formal press release. He obviously wasn't that keen to speak either. I am sure that we all have days when we are more communicative and presentable than other days. Stress can have a big effect of people....and yes he could be stressed because he had done the deed......or he could just be stressed because Allison was missing, he'd crashed his car, compounded by all of his financial/ business/ relational issues regardless of whether he committed the crime or not. We can't label someone as a sociopath or whatever other disorder based on one brief interview.

I always get puzzled looks when I'm in the States...I once asked casually 'Any toilets round here?'
The poor guy asked if our toilets Down Under are square...he had no idea what I meant.

Try offering to nurse another persons baby.....plenty of discusted looks

Would it be possible that the ABC and GBC met with Mr Baden-Clay senior for marriage counselling and there was a confrontation that led to ABC death?

Pretty crappy counselling session if that's what happened :p
I don't think anyone would see their parent/parent-in-law for any sort of counselling though.

I don't think it's inconceivable that there could have been 2 sleepovers, especially if there would have been one home and one away if you see what I mean.

It's easily something I would do, "ok kids, I'm away early tomorrow so you are sleeping at Grandma's tonight, but you can have friends to stay Friday night to make up for it".

consider the two statements below
"That Friday was a busy day for her. She had a full-day conference in town and the kids were having a sleepover that night, so she would have got all her stuff ready," Mrs Walker said.

'Mrs Baden-Clay's three daughters were on a sleepover the night their mother reportedly went for a walk and didn't return to the family's Brookfield home in Brisbane's west.'

both from reputable media sources, herald sun and courier mail.

its a lot of sleepovers if you ask me, all three girls having a sleepover on thursday night somewhere, and again on friday night somewhere

naturally, this is only IMO
Do you think her friend meant the girls were sleeping over 'that night' because she spoke to Allison on Thursday....meaning Thursday night. That's how I have always read it...

Mrs Baden-Clay's three daughters were on a sleepover the night their mother reportedly went for a walk and didn't return to the family's Brookfield home in Brisbane's west.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tr...r-granddaughters/story-fnat7jnn-1226356283235

Now can we please let this rest......

Hi CoolCat, thank you, have just been searching the internet for that link!

I also thought we had put the children's sleepover night to rest and pretty much confirmed it was the Thursday night, not Friday.

BUT....while do the above search, I have now come across this!!

Courier Mail- 15th May, 2012

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...r-granddaughters/story-e6freoof-1226355251556

"Mrs Baden-Clay's three daughters were due to have a sleepover the night after their mother reportedly went for a walk and didn't return to the family's Brookfield home in Brisbane's west.

The following morning, on April 20, her husband Gerard rang the Dickies and told them their daughter was missing."

Now I don't know what's correct anymore! :pullhair:

I think the sleepover has relevance in that if the children actually were at home that Thursday night then IMO it would affect what could/could not have happened in the home itself that night. Hate saying this, but it would also make whatever the poor children might have to say very important to QPS. (IMO).

Sorry :(

Yes. IMO, GBC's sister displayed nervousness and uncertainty.

As a psychologist, I do tend to closely observe body language, even when I'm having a casual conversation with a friend (I know, my poor friends, family etc!). However, there are a couple of things I'd like to say about this: Firstly, IMO, most people don't need a "piece of paper" from a university to prove that they can read another's body language - this is typically a trait that humans develop through their formative years, with some people being better at it than others (and, without wanting to sound stereotypical, it has been acknowledged that women are better than men at this!). So, for many of us looking at media photos/videos, we immediately get a "feel" for whether or not a person is being honest with us. The amount of information that is presented through non-verbal means makes up approximately 90% of our communication.

Secondly, I'd like to point out that we are only getting small snippets in time, of images of different members of the BC family. The problem with this is that there is always the possibility that the media is trying to sway public perception one way or another. So, if they want us "believe" that someone is guilty, the photos or videos that are published will promote that line of thought. MOO.

In saying the above, I still believe that GBC's one and only media interview speaks volumes. And, unfortunately for him, the image that he has projected in this video is very negative. MOO.

Of course GBC's sister was nervous and uncertain. I would certainly be in the circumstances....massive media attention outside your home, shock/ grief at missing relative/ confusion about how/ why/ where/ who? Dealing with media is not something everyone is skilled with at the best of times.......but to try and do it in the midst of a serious family crisis......challenging to say the least. The other thing is that GBC's sister may have strongly encouraged GBC to front the media barrage outside their parent's home and so she may have been nervous because of his reluctance and the fact that she had made him do something he didn't want to do. This is all regardless of any guilt/ innocence of people.

how about we stop talking about sleepovers until we hear whether or not there was one and what it has to do with anything at all? I just don't see the point of this constant round and round on it. I mentioned this point this morning that we do not know where the children were whilst their mother was being murdered, we should just leave it be for now maybe.
the only reason it keeps being brought up is because early on a local said that the cops were suspicious when they arrived at GBC's because one of the children disagreed with something GBC said. ITs all hearsay in my opinion

By confirmed I mean by the cops, not the papers. Ok I'll shhhh now :p

Parents and Best Friend are good enough for me?

You don't need to SHHH (lol).....Everyone is entitled to opinion....My rant was more the fact that I get frustrated by the constant request for links by newcomers that have been done a million times over....i just want the newbies to read from Thread 1 all the way to Thread 11 for the benefit of everyones sanity.......I am delighted for fresh comments and theories but only after they have caught up on what has already been linked and discussed. This would save everyone time.

Try offering to nurse another persons baby.....plenty of discusted looks

Done that! And asked someone to "mind my bag". Why, what's it gonna do?? And been asked why both my boys are called Mike (heh, mate actually).

Back on topic. I thought the sleepover meant Fri at first too, but now I realise it meant Thurs. Very very relevant as it's opportunity for the murder to take place if the kids aren't there!!

ABC bore him 3 beautiful daughters that enjoyed ballet. GBC did not have a son to go hunting, scouting and visit the freemason club. No son to carry on the BC name so to speak. IMO this would have been another source of stress for Allison.

Of course GBC's sister was nervous and uncertain. I would certainly be in the circumstances....massive media attention outside your home, shock/ grief at missing relative/ confusion about how/ why/ where/ who? Dealing with media is not something everyone is skilled with at the best of times.......but to try and do it in the midst of a serious family crisis......challenging to say the least. The other thing is that GBC's sister may have strongly encouraged GBC to front the media barrage outside their parent's home and so she may have been nervous because of his reluctance and the fact that she had made him do something he didn't want to do. This is all regardless of any guilt/ innocence of people.

Im not so sure. Wouldn't nerves make you watch the ground? To me she looks like she is assessing him.

Hi CoolCat, thank you, have just been searching the internet for that link!

I also thought we had put the children's sleepover night to rest and pretty much confirmed it was the Thursday night, not Friday.

BUT....while do the above search, I have now come across this!!

Courier Mail- 15th May, 2012

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...r-granddaughters/story-e6freoof-1226355251556

"Mrs Baden-Clay's three daughters were due to have a sleepover the night after their mother reportedly went for a walk and didn't return to the family's Brookfield home in Brisbane's west.

The following morning, on April 20, her husband Gerard rang the Dickies and told them their daughter was missing."

Now I don't know what's correct anymore! :pullhair:

I think the sleepover has relevance in that if the children actually were at home that Thursday night then IMO it would affect what could/could not have happened in the home itself that night. Hate saying this, but it would also make whatever the poor children might have to say very important to QPS. (IMO).

Sorry :(

Yeah... just when we think we have something figured out, along comes something totally opposite. haha Keeps us on our toes I suppose?

Do you think her friend meant the girls were sleeping over 'that night' because she spoke to Allison on Thursday....meaning Thursday night. That's how I have always read it...

no, I took it to mean her friend thought they might have been sleeping over somewhere on the friday night. but Im not commenting anymore on the sleepover thing....its going nowhere :)

Parents and Best Friend are good enough for me?

You don't need to SHHH (lol).....Everyone is entitled to opinion....My rant was more the fact that I get frustrated by the constant request for links by newcomers that have been done a million times over....i just want the newbies to read from Thread 1 all the way to Thread 11 for the benefit of everyones sanity.......I am delighted for fresh comments and theories but only after they have caught up on what has already been linked and discussed. This would save everyone time.

That would involve about five days of solid reading! Other people possibly have a life off of the net. I too get frustrated, but you have to be realistic. If I'm busy I'll skip a few pages myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge