Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going out to a casual Thurs. night "let's get something to eat it's too late to cook" dinner with a partner you're clearly not in love with after a hairdresser's appointment hardly warrants wearing anything more flash than what she had on.

This would particularly be the case if she was simply there for her regular cut & colour (a woman of her age & based on her photos clearly had a regular colour) as you never wear anything that you don't want to get dribbles of stray colour on no matter how well the cape is applied. Furthermore, I do not believe she would've been the type to get her hair washed, styled, blowdried & "set" just for a little Pathways conference, or for any outing for that matter, she was more than capable of "doing" her own hair based on her history of having to pay so much attention to it in work/recreation and, even more so if money was as tight as is alleged.

there are a couple of questions that come to my mind about the dinner scenario:

1. Where they at the same shopping centre (when the credit card was rejected and the haircut took place) in that case a quick phone call "do you want to eat here or at home?

2. Allison's clothing - it was late night shopping and what she was wearing is hairdresser and late night shopping appropriate it was also appropriate for eateries in shopping centres. Not the places you go to for a "nice" dinner or even on Friday or Saturday, but on a Thursday night -yes. The sort of place someone posted about last night, Chinese dine in or takeaway on a thursday night in a shopping centre her attire would not have even caused a second glance.

3. The money issue again - no money for groceries but able to dine out ? Questionable to me, not what I would do.

4. If there were cctv at the chosen restaurant I wonder what the it was really like. Some parts of Brisbane that may be needed but Kenmore?

Just my thoughts

GBC is a Founder or Director of Astute Real Estate Personnel Pty Ltd as listed on his Linkedin profile. I have just searched the ASIC site and a form 484 was lodged in relation to this company yesterday. A form 484 is a change to Company Details such as resignation of Directors, Secretaries, or appointment of new D's or S's. You have to pay $18 to get the full details, just wondering if anyone out there has direct access to ASIC rather than having to get information through a broker?

The longer this goes on the less inclined I am to believe that GBC is the murderer. This website has bought up so many credible alternatives that they have started me thinking, but most telling for me is the time it is taking to charge anyone and the lack of news from the QPS.

The autopsy results must be back by now, yet nothing has been released to the public, making me think that there is something in those results which will lead to or trap the murderer. Also those on this site who think he is guilty can point to many reasons why, if we can do that, then the police surely have more evidence and much more to go on then we do, so if it seems so easy for us, why have the police not acted.

It has been said before and will be said again, there is either a vital piece of information that is being withheld from the public or the police are stumped on some evidence and it makes them question there findings.

Can someone ask an ex detective friend where we should be looking or what we are missing. I am certain there is something that we are dismissing too easily.

thanks for the postings about NBC, I wonder if the number plate was a gift to him from his grandchildren?

I feel a bit the same. It will remain to be seen. I do have this little feeling that the person/s that many have thought guilty may indeed be not guilty. However I do still wonder if there is something they/he was mixed up in somewhere, that ultimately has led to Allisons murder. And in that sense perhaps can be understandable some of the things, reactions etc that may appear to be guilt..I think it would be reasonable likely if it were the situation, you would feel an awful lot of remorse along with grief and many other emotions.

I was going to say, until I reread you said 'ex' detective. That I don't really think they may be able to comment- thinking you were talking current detectives involved in the case.

Going out to a casual Thurs. night "let's get something to eat it's too late to cook" dinner with a partner you're clearly not in love with after a hairdresser's appointment hardly warrants wearing anything more flash than what she had on.

This would particularly be the case if she was simply there for her regular cut & colour (a woman of her age & based on her photos clearly had a regular colour) as you never wear anything that you don't want to get dribbles of stray colour on no matter how well the cape is applied. Furthermore, I do not believe she would've been the type to get her hair washed, styled, blowdried & "set" just for a little Pathways conference, or for any outing for that matter, she was more than capable of "doing" her own hair based on her history of having to pay so much attention to it in work/recreation and, even more so if money was as tight as is alleged.

there are a couple of questions that come to my mind about the dinner scenario:

1. Where they at the same shopping centre (when the credit card was rejected and the haircut took place) in that case a quick phone call "do you want to eat here or at home?

2. Allison's clothing - it was late night shopping and what she was wearing is hairdresser and late night shopping appropriate it was also appropriate for eateries in shopping centres. Not the places you go to for a "nice" dinner or even on Friday or Saturday, but on a Thursday night -yes. The sort of place someone posted about last night, Chinese dine in or takeaway on a thursday night in a shopping centre her attire would not have even caused a second glance.

3. The money issue again - no money for groceries but able to dine out ? Questionable to me, not what I would do.

4. If there were cctv at the chosen restaurant I wonder what the it was really like. Some parts of Brisbane that may be needed but Kenmore?

Just my thoughts

think we also need to bear in mind that the restaurant info, may or may not be true. I can't remember who said it, and they may be right and have got from reputable source. But it hasn't been reported as fact yet. I'm not saying didn't happen..just could be hearsay. But very interesting if true.

I feel a bit the same. It will remain to be seen. I do have this little feeling that the person/s that many have thought guilty may indeed be not guilty. However I do still wonder if there is something they/he was mixed up in somewhere, that ultimately has led to Allisons murder. And in that sense perhaps can be understandable some of the things, reactions etc that may appear to be guilt..I think it would be reasonable likely if it were the situation, you would feel an awful lot of remorse along with grief and many other emotions.

I was going to say, until I reread you said 'ex' detective. That I don't really think they may be able to comment- thinking you were talking current detectives involved in the case.

a regular poster talks to an ex detective friend (is that you Reginald2?) but we need some general hints from someone who has some investigation training, perhaps someone who reads a lot of crime even, someone a lot more knowledgeable than this little black duck.

GBC is a Founder or Director of Astute Real Estate Personnel Pty Ltd as listed on his Linkedin profile. I have just searched the ASIC site and a form 484 was lodged in relation to this company yesterday. A form 484 is a change to Company Details such as resignation of Directors, Secretaries, or appointment of new D's or S's. You have to pay $18 to get the full details, just wondering if anyone out there has direct access to ASIC rather than having to get information through a broker?

The solicitor might be there to help him gets his affairs in order, for the future. When you look at his form (re work) He has had more starts than Pharlap. Have been keen to know if he is a qualified accountant.:gasp:

OK - since the QPS did not answer my earlier request to release information I am going to put out a VERY out there scenario. Please use your time and energy to discuss this and not the colour of the Other Womans underwear and other irrelevant information!

Here goes:

ABC & GBC had decided to make a go of it after she found out about his affair/s and things had settled down again.
Allison gets pregnant unexpectedly after this 'reunion' - hence why she is looking so glowing at the Century 21 party.
GBC, hoping it is a boy, decides that his life is with his faily and tries to settle down.
In doing this he informs his mistress that they cannot go on and he has to dedicate himself to his family.
Allison treats herself to a haircut and they go out for a lovely dinner together.
Mistress drives past the restaurant, sees them thorugh the window and loses the plot. She is at their house when they get home.
A fight occurs, she kills ABC.
GBC has lost everything and is now afrain of losing his only (other) chance of having a boy and therefore tries to hide the evidence with the Mistress.

OR

It occurs in exactly the same way but NBC is furious that ABC is pregnant again - big strain on family finances in the midst of all the problems. She will be unable to bring in an income.
They get in an argument, NBC pushes her, she hits her head and she is killed.
GBC is under the thumb of NBC so acts as his clean up agent.

Is that better than discussing which school the girls should go to? :)

May have got changed as soon as she walked through the door. That's what I'd do. haha

OK - since the QPS did not answer my earlier request to release information I am going to put out a VERY out there scenario. Please use your time and energy to discuss this and not the colour of the Other Womans underwear and other irrelevant information!

Here goes:

ABC & GBC had decided to make a go of it after she found out about his affair/s and things had settled down again.
Allison gets pregnant unexpectedly after this 'reunion' - hence why she is looking so glowing at the Century 21 party.
GBC, hoping it is a boy, decides that his life is with his faily and tries to settle down.
In doing this he informs his mistress that they cannot go on and he has to dedicate himself to his family.
Allison treats herself to a haircut and they go out for a lovely dinner together.
Mistress drives past the restaurant, sees them thorugh the window and loses the plot. She is at their house when they get home.
GBC has lost everything and is now afrain of losing his only (other) chance of having a boy and therefore tries to hide the evidence with the Mistress.

OR

It occurs in exactly the same way but NBC is furious that ABC is pregnant again - big strain on family finances in the midst of all the problems. She will be unable to bring in an income.

Just trying to catch up. Has there been a lead that ABC was pregnant??? or is this just a suggestion?

I just read on another forum where they are naming a pregnant "mistress" connected with GBC.
A social page is also making unsubstantiated remarks.
Can someone please educate me about the defamation actions that can possibly come from forums like this? I have no idea how to find that information for myself.

A pregnant mistress would certainly have put the cat amongst the pigeons. Even the calmest of women would be incensed by such news. It would explain scratches - erratic driving - shouting and screaming. I could imagine any wife wanting to confront the other woman in such circumstances.

Here goes:

OR

Great work acer, I like 1 more than 2. Anything to support this lovers scorn theory?

Great work acer, I like 1 more than 2. Anything to support this lovers scorn theory?

Nope. Nothing to support she was pregnant and nothing to support the lovers scorn theory.

Just something that came to mind after all the obviouys scenarios have been played out and discussed :)

The solicitor might be there to help him gets his affairs in order, for the future. When you look at his form (re work) He has had more starts than Pharlap. Have been keen to know if he is a qualified accountant

From memory & I don't know if it's fact or not...someone mentioned he failed exams....also was unable to find any info to confirm whether or not he was qualified. This is about the only report which mentions accountancy.

Mr Baden-Clay built his career from the ground up - starting as a junior accountant at KPMG and working his way to the role of principal at Century 21 Westside

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...built-on-honesty/story-e6freoof-1226340594889

I'm heartened to see more posts open to the possibility (however small some may think) that GBC is not guilty. I live in hope for those 3 girls.

My friend knows some of the people discussed at length in these threads and it is sometimes easy to forget that they are real people, with real feelings, and dealing with grief. They are also (most importantly in my mind), the father, grandparents, aunts, uncles and family friends of those 3 innocent girls.

I cannot remember which poster wrote this, but I loved the comment about 'sleuthing not slagging off'. There has been some amazing sleuthing on here with links etc...

I have upmost faith in the QPS and I believe they are keeping their cards very close to their chests for a very good reason. IMO

We may have to wait a while for the answers.

I'm heartened to see more posts open to the possibility (however small some may think) that GBC is not guilty. I live in hope for those 3 girls.

My friend knows some of the people discussed at length in these threads and it is sometimes easy to forget that they are real people, with real feelings, and dealing with grief. They are also (most importantly in my mind), the father, grandparents, aunts, uncles and family friends of those 3 innocent girls.

I cannot remember which poster wrote this, but I loved the comment about 'sleuthing not slagging off'. There has been some amazing sleuthing on here with links etc...

I have upmost faith in the QPS and I believe they are keeping their cards very close to their chests for a very good reason. IMO

Thanks for your post. Totally agree.

Hi Caviar, that was me.
I'm heartened that my post contributed something to this broader discussion.
Cheers.

It's taken me ages to catch up on all this reading, and I feel a little deflated that most of it is going around in circles and rehashing the same things from when I started in here on thread 2.

I'm of the opinion that the looooong wait for an arrest is because QPS need to determine the degree (or lack there of) of premeditation. Could this be the case?

Here goes:

OR

Allison was 43. It is quite difficult to become pregnant at that age without IVF (money!) Also, it appears she was trying to resurrect/restart some sort of career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim