Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look on Google Earth to see just how close the back neighbours really are...really quite close.

Also, in a semi-rural area noise travels further (there are not many structures in the way), more so at night. People also have windows open, etc. because we live in Qld. and not in Tassie.

Look on Google Earth to see just how close the back neighbours really are...really quite close.

Thanks. I meant I had not heard about the BC neighbours hearing stuff including female scream in Allisons house during an arguement that night.. And being interviewed 3 times. Living on acerage I know noise travels a distance at night anyway, so don't need to be extremely close to hear stuff.

It has been established that Allison was dead prior to her body being dumped. Salt water may have entered her lungs if she was submerged in the river for any length of time but she didn't die by drowning in the river. Forensics are able to determine if a person drowned in either salt water of fresh water. (personally, I think that's bloody brilliant). So if Allison was drowned in fresh water, forensic tests would be able to determine this.

I am pretty sure the salinity up near Kholo creek will be very close to nothing. (I did read an article about 10 years ago on the salinity of the Brisbane river and from memory it was round 50% near St Lucia and rapidly dropping off by Jindalee)
It should however be obvious as the water isn't exactly bath water as well.

Also, in a semi-rural area noise travels further (there are not many structures in the way), more so at night. People also have windows open, etc. because we live in Qld. and not in Tassie.

Yes exactly...& back on the 19th -20th April the weather wasn't all that cool...min temps were around 18-19deg...no need to have windows closed up.

I am pretty sure the salinity up near Kholo creek will be very close to nothing. (I did read an article about 10 years ago on the salinity of the Brisbane river and from memory it was round 50% near St Lucia and rapidly dropping off by Jindalee)
It should however be obvious as the water isn't exactly bath water as well.

The very interesting link posted earlier details the effects of fresh, brackish and salt water has on a drowned person. I would guess the creek could be considered brackish. IMO

Ok...so going with the neighbours being interviewed 3 times...they must have heard a whole lot of what went on....if they didn't hear much police wouldn't bother going back for another two interviews..

How's this...neighbours do hear loads of arguing going on & add to the earlier comments about things that happen in arguments..glass breaking etc....

IF this was sounding like a way out of control domestic...neighbours quite possibly could have called 000....

Because....from QPS original alerts...

April 20, 2012

"Ms Baden-Clay was last seen at a residence"...no mention of a 000 call by GBC...

April 21, 2012

Ms Baden-Clay was last seen at a residence

April 21, 2012

Mrs Baden-Clay, 43, was reported missing by her husband

April 22, 2012

Gerard Baden-Clay reported his wife missing on Friday morning

On & on they go...but I have yet to find a report which states that GBC CALLED 000
Police turn up at the house..."where is your wife"....

"Don't know officer...she was watching tv & I went to bed.

He probably did plan on having the whole day to take care of cleaning up etc etc...if Allison was going to that conference

But the neighbours had called 000 :)

Mr Baden-Clay claimed he said a brief goodbye to his 43-year-old wife as she left their rural Brookfield home, in Brisbane's west, to go for a walk about 10pm on Thursday, April 19.
He has said he woke the next morning to find her missing and dialled triple-0 about 7.30am.

BBM.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...missing-mum-20120427-1xosg.html#ixzz1vyxXkDy3

The very interesting link posted earlier details the effects of fresh, brackish and salt water has on a drowned person. I would guess the creek could be considered brackish. IMO

Brackish is a mixture of fresh and salt water, so if there is no salt in the water, it can't be brackish.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brackish_water"]Brackish water - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Fresh water <0.5
Brackish water 0.5&#8211;30
Saline water 30&#8211;50
Brine >50

Edit:
Here is a link to some data from the area. Although they turned off on the Bremner River branch, it's close enough to get a decent reading.
http://www.kayak4earth.com/Press/PressReleases/BRWaterQuality1.htm
Salinity in the Kholo Creek area appears to be around 5-7ppt, which means it falls in the brackish water region.
Although those tests were done in 2007, before we started getting rain so releases from wivenhoe would have been minimal and could be a lot lower now due to more rain and continuing large releases from the dam.
I would be guessing the water in Kholo Creek would be very close to fresh IMO.

Did they have pool? Otherwise, I can't see anyone waiting for a bathtub to be filled up. If she had been to the hairdressers, I don't think she would have taken a bath that night either.

If you've had your hair done you'd be more likely to take a bath than a shower. Even with a showercap your hair would still get wetter than a bath. Brisbane people are used to water restrictions so wouldn't waste water on a deep bath, even now.

Mr Baden-Clay claimed he said a brief goodbye to his 43-year-old wife as she left their rural Brookfield home, in Brisbane's west, to go for a walk about 10pm on Thursday, April 19.
He has said he woke the next morning to find her missing and dialled triple-0 about 7.30am.

BBM.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...missing-mum-20120427-1xosg.html#ixzz1vyxXkDy3

a brief 'good-bye?' Now if you believe in his guilt and you interpret what people say. Do you normally say 'good-bye' when your partner goes for a walk? see you later or goodnight maybe.

By the way, that article is the first I have actually seen about him dialing 000. thanks for posting.

Just wondering, if the neighbours did call 000, wouldn't the police have arrived sooner than 7.30am? Otherwise there was a chance of them arriving while he was out & about dumping her body. Say they called police at 2am,why would they leave it so long to show up?

That Facebook site is disgusting! They are clutching at straws and going back to something that happened in the early 1900's! Seriously, what is wrong with them..I am sure if we all dug into our ancestors past, we would find things we were not fond of..I actually felt a little embarrassed reading it.:blushing::blushing:

I have heard some things. I am not sure of the FB site..have not really seen it much. But I do feel, there is more going on than what is known and causing most to think 'guilty'. But it is just MOO and not saying he definitaly isnt. (I wouldn't maybe be as surprised as some though if this tunrs out different to what we think. I do hope its not him.. there is alot of stuff that could appear to make him look guilty though too- from the little known to us)

HE has said...nothing about POLICE have said...

On & on they go...but I have yet to find a report which states that GBC CALLED 000

You mentioned that you had yet to find a REPORT stating that GBC called 000. What I posted is a report. Yes I agree, AFAIK the Police have not stated that GBC phoned 000. I could probably find out if you want? :what:

One thing that has struck me, more than most aspects of this case, is how much distance the two families must have to remain estranged during such a tragic time.

Surely, if ever there were a time to let bygones be bygones, this was it?! IMO

May appear that way...perceptions of families that is, however we as mere observers have to wonder if we had a daughter die like that, knowing more than others perhaps, estrangement with the in laws may be very explainable Mystique75...:banghead:

That Facebook site is disgusting! They are clutching at straws and going back to something that happened in the early 1900's! Seriously, what is wrong with them..I am sure if we all dug into our ancestors past, we would find things we were not fond of..I actually felt a little embarrassed reading it.:blushing::blushing:

Oh frosty, yep. I wasn't referring in anyway to anything said on there. I have only seen a little bit of comments on there.

a brief 'good-bye?' Now if you believe in his guilt and you interpret what people say. Do you normally say 'good-bye' when your partner goes for a walk? see you later or goodnight maybe.

By the way, that article is the first I have actually seen about him dialing 000. thanks for posting.

I always remember something my father told me when I was a little girl. "You never say 'goodbye', it's something you say when you will never see someone again.'
He said that to me one morning when he was leaving for work {he was a coal miner, which could be very dangerous} and I said "Goodbye" to him. I have never forgotten that, and never say it to anyone.

I know that has no relevance to this case, just thought I'd mention it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?