Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me just remind everyone that GBC has responsibility for his 3 daughters and will need to try and maintain his Agency's obligations to the rental ppty owners and tenants including receipting rents and disbursing net rents to owners...In addition, there would also be potential employee entitlements and tax guff to sort out as well...remember other people such as staff, owners and tenants could also be impacted if he doesnt manage that rent roll... quote]

This makes sense Woombite. In addition to his 3 little girls for whom he must provide, keep a roof over their heads, food on the table, utility bills paid, etc. He has not been charged with anything. Whether he is innocent or guilty, this is his current daily reality as he is still legally responsible for the 3 little girls at this stage. Good post. Meantime, the Police investigation continues.

I've been thinking. If someone did murder their spouse, and someone who was having an affair with them either knew about it or helped cover it up, then the murderer would be beholden to them forever and would have to stay with them if they liked it or not. Not an enviable position to be in if you ask me!

Yes, I understand that he has to make a living so i don't think there's anything wrong with saying what he said, but it's the fact that he's 'broken his silence' for the 2nd time and doesn't even acknowledge Allison...I realise he is probably desperately trying to save his business which is fair enough but this just makes me think he really is completely out of touch with normal feelings...quote]

Allowing nature to take its course could yeild some interesting information from a variety of perspectives. There is merit in this approach in my opinion. Meantime, the Police investigation continues.

I don't know anything about franchises, can someone enlighten me please?

do you have to continue "working" the business, even if it is not profitable?

can you sell the franchise back to the parent company, or similarly can the parent company cancel your franchise?

Thank you

Franchise agreements and contracts vary just like any other contracts. There is typicallly a get our clause in any franchise agreement should it no longer be profitable. Whilst franchise agreements are typically a legal mine field, I am of the opinion real estate franchise agreements are not of the more technical or stringent agreements that are in place. A franchisor can cancel the agreement with the franchisee far easier than the reverse, they must be able to have the upper hand in the agreement in order to protect their brand.

You may be onto something here, perhaps this relocation is simply due to 'contract obligations' more than anything else. Something tells me that is not the case mind you. Almost all contracts have some sort of bereavement get out clause in them. short term or otherwise.

I dare say there would have been the opportunity to simply shut this business down completely in a reasonably short amount of time, under special circumstances. As for rental rolls, well that is pretty easy to manage out of a home office, especially reasonably smaller rental rolls.

I am suspecting this office relocation rather than complete closure is some sort of act of defiancy more than anything else.

then again, there is the scenario to consider that he has had nothing to do with his wife's murder and he is simply getting ready to rebuild his life bit by bit albeit on a smaller scale. Personally I think it will take an arrest of the perp or perps for him to be able to truly start a new phase if this is the case. Whilst there is uncertainty about his innocence or guilt in the wider community then it would be very hard for him to build anything at the moment!

One thing for sure, if his quote of 'business as usual' is correct then it is not only insensitive and removed but fairly misguided. Business as usual consisted of 350 sq metre of office space, significant signage in a premium inner west suburb, a dozen home sale listings and several staff members. Not quite business as usual....

The fact that both times he has been interviewed has been spur of the moment is very telling in itself. But also very telling in that the content of what first comes to mind of things for him to say is more self serving than not.

But then again, with the CM interview we don't know what was left out.

I don't know anything about franchises, can someone enlighten me please?

do you have to continue "working" the business, even if it is not profitable?

can you sell the franchise back to the parent company, or similarly can the parent company cancel your franchise?

Thank you

Franchise agreements and contracts vary just like any other contracts. There is typicallly a get our clause in any franchise agreement should it no longer be profitable. Whilst franchise agreements are typically a legal mine field, I am of the opinion real estate franchise agreements are not of the more technical or stringent agreements that are in place. A franchisor can cancel the agreement with the franchisee far easier than the reverse, they must be able to have the upper hand in the agreement in order to protect their brand.

You may be onto something here, perhaps this relocation is simply due to 'contract obligations' more than anything else. Something tells me that is not the case mind you. Almost all contracts have some sort of bereavement get out clause in them. short term or otherwise.

I dare say there would have been the opportunity to simply shut this business down completely in a reasonably short amount of time, under special circumstances. As for rental rolls, well that is pretty easy to manage out of a home office, especially reasonably smaller rental rolls.

I am suspecting this office relocation rather than complete closure is some sort of act of defiancy more than anything else.

then again, there is the scenario to consider that he has had nothing to do with his wife's murder and he is simply getting ready to rebuild his life bit by bit albeit on a smaller scale. Personally I think it will take an arrest of the perp or perps for him to be able to truly start a new phase if this is the case. Whilst there is uncertainty about his innocence or guilt in the wider community then it would be very hard for him to build anything at the moment!

One thing for sure, if his quote of 'business as usual' is correct then it is not only insensitive and removed but fairly misguided. Business as usual consisted of 350 sq metre of office space, significant signage in a premium inner west suburb, a dozen home sale listings and several staff members. Not quite business as usual....

From this article: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...iness-has-closed/story-e6freoof-1226370411425

"When and if we decide to prosecute anyone"

If?... What does he mean "if"? That doesn't sound good at all, no wonder GBC looks like he doesn't have a care in the world! When Qld's Police Commissioner says "if" they decide to prosecute anyone, her killer must feel that they just may get away with murder.

Why does he bring up Daniel Morcombe's case? The two cases are nothing alike. Just because DM's took 8 years doesn't mean it is okay. I'm not criticising the Detectives who are working on Allison's case, I'm sure they are being hampered by red tape, I'm criticising the system.

Whoever or whatever is responsible for the repeated delay in testing at the John Tonge Centre need to get their act together. Killers walk free for too long in Queensland. jmo

From this article: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...iness-has-closed/story-e6freoof-1226370411425

"When and if we decide to prosecute anyone"

If?... What does he mean "if"? That doesn't sound good at all, no wonder GBC looks like he doesn't have a care in the world! When Qld's Police Commissioner says "if" they decide to prosecute anyone, her killer must feel that they just may get away with murder.

Why does he bring up Daniel Morcombe's case? The two cases are nothing alike. Just because DM's took 8 years doesn't mean it is okay. I'm not criticising the Detectives who are working on Allison's case, I'm sure they are being hampered by red tape, I'm criticising the system.

Whoever or whatever is responsible for the repeated delay in testing at the John Tonge Centre need to get their act together. Killers walk free for too long in Queensland. jmo

wouldn't read much into the IF part. he is just covering his bases. Admittedly it doesn't look goood to even say that but its how these people talk, how they have to look really.

Hi all. I live locally and just saw a bunch of sunflowers on the BC fence. It has been cleared for a week or so and it was just so nice to see a reminder of ABC's sunny face and personality. I knew her somewhat, and it just gave me a jolt to think of her gone, such a truly sweet person. These are the realities locals will bump up against over and over again, including our kids at the school. it''s hard, really hard.. the wait and no news. But our discomfort as we wait is just nothing, nothing compared to what ABC's family have gone through. And as for the horrific disrespect that was shown to her by whoever did this thing..
Thanks for the sunflowers anyhow, anonymous nice person.

There has been a murder and there is a red hot suspect and yet for him it's life as usual.
He hasn't made a statement to police nor has he been subjected to the stress of intense questioning by detectives.
If every suspect of a homicide kept detectives at bay by engaging a lawyer there would be a queue of unsolved murders a mile long.
It is to be hoped this investigation isn't going pear shaped.

I think the fact that the police are not coming out and saying GBC is NOT a person of interest speaks volumes. They would be aware of all the gossip and innuendo circulating. If the police think GBC is innocent (and that is a big if) then they would at least try to minmise the damage to his reputation. IMo

Also, considering the financial problems the BCs appeared to be having I am wondering how the legal fees will be paid and by who.

I had better go and do some work now....I have to say, it sometimes feels as if moving off to do something 'normal' like work or kids etc feels somehow wrong, like a vigil should be maintained until this ##%# thing gets solved. Does anyone else get that? I get times in the day where the questions how?? Who?? And most often WHY????? plague me, in the middle of the most mundane things, day and night sorry, might need to to self-impose a timeout, I reckon.
Bit sad right now...

I have been reading earlier news reports 28/4TH and came across one that stated GBC remained SEQUESTERED at his parents house. Well I just had to look it up to find the meaning and found it quite interesting
(Mr Baden-Clay remained sequestered at his parents' house in nearby Kenmore.)

Link to article ..http://www.news.com.au/national/all...and-police-mobilising-a-substantial-force-to-

Link to sequester definition

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/sequester

Good pick-up Barram....interesting...perhaps he's wearing a pretty little bracelet...

Also, considering the financial problems the BCs appeared to be having I am wondering how the legal fees will be paid and by who.

If we are anything like the United States, one of the family members will sell their story to the tabloid that makes the highest offer. Here we go ... MOO
:maddening:

I had better go and do some work now....I have to say, it sometimes feels as if moving off to do something 'normal' like work or kids etc feels somehow wrong, like a vigil should be maintained until this ##%# thing gets solved. Does anyone else get that? I get times in the day where the questions how?? Who?? And most often WHY????? plague me, in the middle of the most mundane things, day and night sorry, might need to to self-impose a timeout, I reckon.
Bit sad right now...

I feel the same way. I just feel so sad for those little girls not to have their mother with them for all the special events to come in the future where your mum is so vital. And I feel so sad for Allison because she will not get to experience those things with her daughters. Such an unnecessary theft of a beautiful life.

Good pick-up Barram....interesting...perhaps he's wearing a pretty little bracelet...

Thanks Marlywings just thought maybe thats why hes been so quiet, maybe he was told to.It seems strange for them to have used the term sequestered instead of a simple hes staying with his parents.moo:moo:

I have this vision of him one day walking along with his phone glued to his head and suddenly it rings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member