Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the flowers and cards were collected by his parents. I doubt anyone would have written anything nasty in a card.

I agree....and really, it's one thing to be delivering our thoughts on here. But to write a nasty card, when it hasnt been proven it was GBC, would be a very nasty thing to do. At this stage, we are running on belief of the facts we know.

That would be cruel......Imagine if one of the littleys got hold of that card and what was written on it.....too sad.

PS : You are all safe for today......My hair turned out fine. A bit brighter than I expected and I feel a bit like the Purple People Eater.....but the dreaded greys are gone....WOOHOO

Mod Note: Knock it off! This entire thread is a mess. Insulting other posters is not allowed on this board. If you have a problem with a post, use the alert button so a mod can handle it. If you reply to a problem post, you become a part of the problem. And if you quote a post that has to be removed, your post is subject to removal, as well.

A few other things that are not allowed:

• Inviting and discussing pms
  • Using derogatory nicknames to refer to parties in the case
  • Sleuthing other members and/or inquiring about another member's identity.
Remember, to attack the post is okay; to attack the poster is not. Learn to use the Ignore function.

This is the last warning. In the future, TO's will be issued, no questions asked. I suggest everyone take a few minutes to review these links.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91915"]Best Practices Dealing with your fellow posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyboredom
I don't think the drag marks would have survived 11 days (either due to tides or the heavy rain over the weekend before Allison was found). The body was possibly near the bridge because of the way flood waters 'swirled' around the pylons, but that's a bit hard to tell from the photo or information available.

Good point, however some locals reported little rain around that area on those days. I'm inclined to believe she was placed there or thrown over the railings.

I didnt look at any of the links to pictures just now but I seem to remember when some photos were first published after Allison was found there were not just drag marks on mud, but on reeds or thick long grass that had been flattened. I may be wrong on this point, but this is what i recall. But if that is the case, then the flattened long grass might remain that way due to being crushed into the mud. This of course would mean someone was actually down there and dragged her through the long grass, rather than her being thrown over.

My original mention of her being thrown over while still alive was part of voicing concerns that the murderer might be trying to make it look like suicide. Is it official that there were no broken bones?

Wow it's true, they have taken down their staff list credentials.

haha he's financially ruined anyway, his reputation is mud. Either there will be no Century 21 very shortly or the business will have to be sold on.

Some gossip, because that is all it is, as I did not hear this from the horses mouth, anyway spoke to a friend who knows someone working in forensics, that has stated that the results have pretty much indicated who it was...

Wow it's true, they have taken down their staff list credentials.

haha he's financially ruined anyway, his reputation is mud. Either there will be no Century 21 very shortly or the business will have to be sold on.

Some gossip, because that is all it is, as I did not hear this from the horses mouth, anyway spoke to a friend who knows someone working in forensics, that has stated that the results have pretty much indicated who it was...

God I hope it is true! If that is the case and we are all just waiting for them to dot all the i's and cross all the t's well it would be the best thing. Obviously this will be another massive rollercoaster moment in the case for all those involved, but at least the murderer can be arrested and if it is GBC maybe consideration can be given to Allisons parents having more involvement with the girls.

Really hope this can stitch up the perpetrator. Also hope they can establish if he/she was the only person involved in the crime; if not, who else.

now I have to wait till Wednesday till my neighbour see's his snooker buddies again! I seriously hope there is an arrest made before then. I know this can take months, it just seems so unfair. it's kind of like OJ, we know who did it...

The senior Baden-Clays have had a lot of negative press. I think they are probably quite typical of their demographic - elderly Rhodesian expats who were part of a ruling class. I'm sure they are autocratic and eccentric (Lord Baden-Powell was a noted eccentric as well) - but all they have done so far is support their child and grandchildren and prepare for whatever may come next (probably including bankrolling the legal team). The current situation would be every parent's worst nightmare, and while they may not be likeable people, they deserve some sympathy.

So, the granny pash.

To me, it was a rather forced and prolonged kiss. No tongue. Definitely prolonged by the woman. The man was just trying to lower the garage door and was rather bewildered by the extra attention.

It seemed to be either something to divert the camera's attention away from something or someone else, or a "let's give them something to photograph".

Very odd motives in any case, in extremely poor taste and judgement, and weird!

Allison Baden-Clay's parents tell of their grief for murdered daughter

GEOFF Dickie broke down and cried on a police officer's shoulder upon learning that the body they found at Kholo Creek crossing in Brisbane's west this week was his "loving" daughter and "soulmate" Allison.
"We always had a positive attitude that each day was going to be the day we'd find her. And you would think if she was anywhere around, they would find her because of the amount of resources out," he said.

"We were staying positive and hoped she would be found alive.

"But after that length of time we were ready to find her body.

"He's (God) answered one of our prayers, she was found, and the second prayer is that we find who did this awful thing to our daughter."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/grief-for-lost-daughter/story-e6freoof-1226346302840

On that same link...

Husband silent as search continues
THE husband of murdered Brookfield mum Allison Baden-Clay will not say who he thinks killed his wife.

Gerard Baden-Clay's lawyer Darren Mahony said his client would be making no comment when asked who he thought had slain his wife, whose body was found beneath Kholo Creek Bridge at Mt Crosby on Monday.

Detectives continue to work to solve the murder of the mother of three. Pathology results that could confirm the cause of her death are due back in a week.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/grief-for-lost-daughter/story-e6freoof-1226346302840

Good point, however some locals reported little rain around that area on those days. I'm inclined to believe she was placed there or thrown over the railings.

That area is too open, I can't see anyone dumping a body there as it would be found quickly unless he wanted it to look like a suicide however she would have to be alive without injury before she went over the side of the bridge and it's not tall enough to kill her. And if it was to be suicide she would have her keys and phone at least on her and the phone was close to the house after she went missing.

If you wanted to get rid of the body why not drive another 10 minutes up the road and dump her over the weir with some weight attached? The weir is a one way bridge with low sides and little chance of being caught although I can see divers in that area if the search continued so hiding her in the bush or a vacant house with a view to coming back later on to properly dispose of the body would be more logical.

Sorry to correct you on this, but just for the sake of accuracy, the Prado has been in the family for many years, with its c21 stickers on all sides. It was easily identifiable, however recently (months) most of the stickers were removed, and only had rear sticker as we see in the pics of late. The Captiva is the very recent replacement for the Lexus that was traded in.

She used to have personalized plates too - on the Prado. Not sure if she still had them but would have made it very distinguishable late at night. I would have used the Captiva as less obvious. The way I see the witnesses to any activity at the Kenmore roundabout - if you went though there anytime between when the police state 11pm - 4.30am then you should still call them if you DIDN'T see anything so they can eliminate that time frame. There would be very limited traffic during those hours.

The only record of him being involved with the scouts was an entry from the Oxley scout group a few years ago. Anyone can google this information to confirm. His brother on the other hand has had a lot of involvement with them.

He has three daughters - I know the eldest did/does Girl Guides and both he and Allison were involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member