Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post - following since Thread 1, by any means I can! Sleep deprived, and waiting for the day I read 'Gotcha'

You guys are amazing! I have been horrified at the cold indifference of certain people as to what has happened to Allison ' business as usual'. IMO it isn't normal and you have shown so much compassion, and you truly care about justice for Allison, her parents and daughters. You have restored my faith that there are decent human beings that way outnumber the spineless cowards like the one that took Allisons life, and discarded her like rubbish. 'He who must not be named' - and I don't mean Voldemort!!!!

JES72 - great work on the timeline! saves going back through all the threads. And I have loved the posts that have put a smile on my face in such a sad time.

And to Kimster and the Mods - thanks for giving us enough rope to have our say but not hang ourselves - you rock!
Thanks for joining us. What an awesome first post. I'm sure you'll fit right in :)

I don't want to reignite any speculation re involvement of the canoeist in the crime, but there are a few things that don't add up there.

Allison's body was found in an area that was nowhere near the "hot zone". If it wasn't for the canoeist accidentally finding the body, the police would not have access to some pretty crucial evidence and the family would not have the type of closure that the finding of a body can give.

In my mind the canoeist (though accidental) is a hero of this case. If so, then why hasn't the name of the canoeist been splashed around in the media? There have been days when there have been no new developments regarding the case, so why hasn't some journalist been working on a side story about a person who has inadvertently had a big impact on this case?

Sure the police may have told the canoeist to keep it on the down low, but is it reasonable to think that if a person finds a body in such a high profile case that no-one else knows about the identity of this person who wouldn't be willing to spill the beans to a hungry media?

Or is it the case that the media has been told not to report on the canoeist by the police?

I don't think any of this is very crucial, but it just seems a bit odd to me.

:confused:

My first post...I have enjoyed reading the comments and just wanted to add my 2 cents.

It sounds like the police have GBC in their sights if they are waiting on tests from the family cars. Just a thought from reading some of the posts where people think he should/shouldnt be acting a certain way or how they would react given this terrible situation. I wonder how many people have been in a similar situation and KNOW how they would react?

I had a friend who was murdered in the most horrible of circumstances - and I did not react way people think you should. For a start - misinformation from the media played a big part in me thinking it was all a big mistake. But I was not crying, desperate etc. I just did not believe it was true - even after funeral etc. I felt guilty for a long time for feeling that way, but you cannot feel a certain way just because people think you should. I might sound like the most uncaring sort of person, but I am not. I have felt immense sadness for plenty of other situations. It is perhaps more now that friends are getting married, having children etc. that I feel sad she never got that chance. I cant help but feel for those girls who are not going to have their mother there for such key moments in life.

Also for those wondering why he was not searching I did read he was sequestered to his parents home

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...baden-clays-call/story-e6freoof-1226341176705

Do you think if the police went to his home after he reported her missing and he told them she was depressed and worried for her safety that would be enough to get such a search response that they did?

So not sure if I'm doing this right. Please bear with me if I've stuffed up trying to post. I have read each and every one of your posts from Day 1. My God, can I please just say you guys are all absolutely amazing! I have been developing my own theories based on what I have read and surmised and garnered from very insightful posts here along the way...however tonight my thoughts are with Allison and her beautiful girls for tomorrow.

I don't think this report has been previously posted??...if there's anyone you'd want to lead this case it would have to be Detective Superintendent Mark Ainsworth....

THE man who has become the public face of the investigation into the disappearance of Allison Baden-Clay has worked at the highest levels of crime-fighting in Queensland.
A search by The Courier-Mail of the public record reveals Detective Superintendent Mark Ainsworth worked in Queensland's State Crime Operations and the Australian Crime Commission before being appointed Metropolitan North's regional crime co-ordinator.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/baden-clay-case-the-investigator/story-fn6ck45n-1226345217423

Mark is a great detective and a decent honest caring man.

I believe this is the google street view image an earlier poster was referring to. This car is parked behind Century 21 at Kenmore. Certainly does look like the car GBC crashed into the pole.

http://i45.tinypic.com/ziqh35.jpg

The car at the rear of century21
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ter-in-car-crash/story-e6freoof-1226336841867
The car GBc Crashed
The wheels are the same... same number of spokes....not as a member on here points out.Same colour same light cluster on the rear check out th reversing lights car makers like distinctive lights plus the colour is the same
this could be TM's car that was damaged when it hit abc, and later crashed by GBC on the way to the police station to hide the evidence

I used to be in 2 minds about gbc being arrested if guilty...I have bounced back and forawrd as to whether he should be ale to spend time with girls and say goodbyes and comfort them before he goes away and then I think that he doesn't deserve that at all....I am now convinced that he has to go - arrest him - Throw away the key.........Allison never got a chance to hug her babies one last - The chance to tell them how much she loves and care for them one last time or the chance to tell them that she wouldn't never ever leave them of her own accord....LOCK GBC UP NOW....He doesn't deserve freedom or any last moments with Allisons girls.

I hope that when he looks in their eyes he sees Allison and is forever reminded of the devastation he has caused his daughters to endure for the rest of their lives...Selfish Heartless *advertiser censored*!......IMO

Wow indeed! I didn't check out the other tweep! A big wow!!

Is this related to ABC?? I'm on my phone and it's spacking out when twitter tried to load! I just saw cops are doing something but can't say what? Did I miss the rest of it???

My first post...I have enjoyed reading the comments and just wanted to add my 2 cents.

It sounds like the police have GBC in their sights if they are waiting on tests from the family cars. Just a thought from reading some of the posts where people think he should/shouldnt be acting a certain way or how they would react given this terrible situation. I wonder how many people have been in a similar situation and KNOW how they would react?

I had a friend who was murdered in the most horrible of circumstances - and I did not react way people think you should. For a start - misinformation from the media played a big part in me thinking it was all a big mistake. But I was not crying, desperate etc. I just did not believe it was true - even after funeral etc. I felt guilty for a long time for feeling that way, but you cannot feel a certain way just because people think you should. I might sound like the most uncaring sort of person, but I am not. I have felt immense sadness for plenty of other situations. It is perhaps more now that friends are getting married, having children etc. that I feel sad she never got that chance. I cant help but feel for those girls who are not going to have their mother there for such key moments in life.

Also for those wondering why he was not searching I did read he was sequestered to his parents home

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...baden-clays-call/story-e6freoof-1226341176705

Do you think if the police went to his home after he reported her missing and he told them she was depressed and worried for her safety that would be enough to get such a search response that they did?
I think he sequestered himself as there has been a lot of comment within the media about his notable absence. Also when she was found near Kohlo bridge Superintendant Mark Ainsworth was filmed on camera saying something along the lines of that to his knowledge GBC was never asked to not join the search.

Hope that makes sense.

Is this related to ABC?? I'm on my phone and it's spacking out when twitter tried to load! I just saw cops are doing something but can't say what? Did I miss the rest of it???
From the Exec Dir of QPS media:

@SpencerHowson disappointed that you choose to ignore a requested embargo, Spencer...

Thanks pickle99! I'm a big believer in the power of the situation. It's all well and good for us to sit here and say how we would act-but until you've been there you don't REALLY know (as much as we would like to think we do know!)

No, we've no idea what it's about. I just hoped it was in relation to an arrest. Wishful thinking, but you never know.

He'll be in for a few wacks....even more if all of Brisbane is up listening at 5am & it's all about something completely unrelated.

He will, won't he?! To be reprimanded by the Executive Director of Queensland Police Media. Oh dear.

I don't want to reignite any speculation re involvement of the canoeist in the crime, but there are a few things that don't add up there.

Allison's body was found in an area that was nowhere near the "hot zone". If it wasn't for the canoeist accidentally finding the body, the police would not have access to some pretty crucial evidence and the family would not have the type of closure that the finding of a body can give.

In my mind the canoeist (though accidental) is a hero of this case. If so, then why hasn't the name of the canoeist been splashed around in the media? There have been days when there have been no new developments regarding the case, so why hasn't some journalist been working on a side story about a person who has inadvertently had a big impact on this case?

Sure the police may have told the canoeist to keep it on the down low, but is it reasonable to think that if a person finds a body in such a high profile case that no-one else knows about the identity of this person who wouldn't be willing to spill the beans to a hungry media?

Or is it the case that the media has been told not to report on the canoeist by the police?

I don't think any of this is very crucial, but it just seems a bit odd to me.

:confused:

Ok so a person finds the body.........now I am a logical facts only person, however this is a legal matter and hidden from us.........

IMO GBC decided to, or TM decided to fess up about the place where poor Allison would be, as police interviews (with TM) got closer, tighter.

First out of the 'sinking Titanic' wins is the game I feel.........JMHO.

So, Allison found, surprise, surprise Brisbane...........

Arrests tomorrow I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member