Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, this is my first post, though I've been following for about a week now. My heart goes out to Allison's parents and those three gorgeous girls. The poem by Judith Wright, shared by another member on this thread, was heart-wrenching to read as I can't help but think that it sums up Allison's life in the lead up to the horrible event that happened to her. I just hope and pray that there is peace found for her and all her loved ones.

What has had me intrigued is the conflicting reports and stories. Allison went for a walk at 10pm.. Allison was last seen at 10pm watching tv.. Allison was last seen in her walking gear at 10pm, watching tv, The Footy Show in fact.. Allison was reported missing at 7:30am, after she did not return from her morning walk.. Allison was only assumed to have gone for a morning walk.. Allison's sister mentions she hated excercise.. and I, amongst all these reports, am yet to find one factual statement from someone who knows beyond doubt, that Allison ever even went for a morning walk at all, ever! I've seen one report mention that she always made sure she was home from her morning walk before the girls awoke every morning. I wonder where that idea came from? (I also remember the area's Walking Group not knowing who Allison was - I would think they'd know if she was a walker!).

Meanwhile, GBC and his sister appear on video in a way that IMO is absolutely strange, for all the reasons already mentioned by many members here. I won't elaborate on the suspicious actions too much (lawyer, no statement, etc etc) as they are just so obvious that I will assume most people feel the same way. The sister's actions are interesting to me and I felt she had the manner of someone who was trying to convince herself of something she instinctively knew seemed "off" ie. Allison's "depression". IMO this is even more likely given the inconsistencies (Allison seemed her normal, delightful self..) as some others have picked up on. I felt for the sister when watching her in that video.

I'm leaning towards a poisoning of some sort and the idea of a "hit" being taken out against Allison seems plausible too, but I've felt strongly that the suggestion has been and still is (from GBC and family) that Allison committed suicide and that seems to have been the stance from the start. I think it's telling that police are actively stating otherwise "Allison knew her killer..." etc. I think the financial problems are interesting, especially considering that there was evidence taken from BC Snr's home and C21 office. There seems to be a lot more to the story behind this horrible event. I can definitely imagine some people going to great lengths to protect their (perceived) social or financial standing, but just how far, I'm not sure?!

I'm in two minds, hoping for answers but hoping for thoroughness in finding sufficient evidence. Appreciate this thread and the members here, though I'm not sure it's healthy to be checking for updates at 1am, 3am, 5am etc, but sometimes I can't sleep without at least having a look to see if I've missed something!

I thought that too!!!!!!! I remember "news to me" said in response to the reporter asking about the Pajero.

Yes, and the reporter who asked the question seemed to be very nervous ... after that a few people asked the question "Does the media know something we don't?" But it could have just been the result of a very nervous reporter. I think he did get the name of the car wrong and then corrected himself..I know he stumbled on his words at one point.

Yes, and the reporter who asked the question seemed to be very nervous ... after that a few people asked the question "Does the media know something we don't?" But it could have just been the result of a very nervous reporter. I think he did get the name of the car wrong and then corrected himself..I know he stumbled on his words at one point.

Yes that's right he got the cars mixed up or something didn't he? And had to correct himself. Ok that's why I had Freudian slippage about pajeros and prados then I think haha. Now I remember! All in all it was a bit of an awkward moment I thought at the time. But to be honest, in my mind I just blew it off as the reporter being misinformed.

Yes, but the reporter got it wrong and was using the word 'pajero'. I heard other people correct him.

Does anybody know what kind of car NBC or EBC drive??? Pajero maybe??
:twocents:

Does anybody know what kind of car NBC or EBC drive??? Pajero maybe??
:twocents:

Not sure about EBC...But NBC drives a Holden Statesman (possibly Statesman caprice) in silver....Fairly recent too it seems.

I'm catching up reading the printable version, and am halfway through. So I apologise if someone has already said what I am about to say.

To AllyG
This could explain why she was left out in the open, rather than someone attempting to conceal her. You can't pretend it's suicide if she was covered in a blanket or put in a shallow grave
I don't think she was placed where she was found. My theory is that she was carried down the dry creek bed of Little Ugly Creek, which was accessed from Wirrabarra Rd. And she has washed down with the rain. I think that the killer may have thought that without rain the body would decompose down to skeleton before being found. Or with enough rain her body would make it to the Brisbane River, and then out to sea, never to be found.

Why would they have chosen to go the way they did, rather than take quieter back roads? If anyone passed them, they'd be more likely to remember. The more people around means that it's less likely anyone will pay attention to you. However you're more likely to remember the colour of the only car you passed on a back road.
Driving down roads that don't have any street lighting, you are unable to see what colour a car is either driving in front of you, or coming towards you. But they may have thought that they would be more noticable driving down the back roads because their cars, especially the prado with a century21 sticker on the back of it would be noticed on a back road.

To all those talking about Pathways. Pathways works with a lot of children who are on the Autism Spectrum. What they have is 1 day training workshops that certifies you to introduce and maintain an ongoing FRIENDS program in your school. http://www.pathwayshrc.com.au/for-trainers/about-our-training-workshops/ On Friday the 20th April they had this training program scheduled. http://www.pathwayshrc.com.au/for-kids-4-12/fun-friends/ You don't have to work for Pathways to do a training day.

Allison's best friend has said that things were good, she was happy, and she has made no mention of trouble in the marriage etc.

I know that if my husband was cheating on me I would not tell my parents or family (it would be just too humilating for me to tell them) but I would definitely tell my best friend what was going on.

Does anyone else think that her best friend has been told not to let on to the media what was really happening in the relationship so as to not jeopardise the investigation.

Or could the talk of trouble in the marriage be wrong?

Interestingly, I first noticed "Pajero" being mistakenly used here in the forum a few threads back now, I think. Maybe the reporters are reading this forum at all hours, too?! :lurk:

Also too, in regards to the missing persons, police looking for her straight away, etc. For a normal missing person, the "missing person" department conducts the investigation until they either find the person or, find a body. Homicide was the department running this investigation from day 1. Just saying...

That is very interesting!! hmmm... something to ponder. Do you still think it could have happened that way?

I just put myself in Allison's position - what would I do? If there were reports of a row at 10am, ? DV/ GBC bad tempered - reported by people that know him - not fact... I would try to get away from there - but I would go and get my kids, from wherever they were sleeping over first ( ?BC Seniors )

But if she had gone there - BC's neighbours may have seen her/ ? kids spoken out - if they saw her. But it is what I would have done in her shoes.

She studied psychology - I just feel she could read a situation - would it escalate, and might she get hurt? I'ld get out...

Interestingly, I first noticed "Pajero" being mistakenly used here in the forum a few threads back now, I think. Maybe the reporters are reading this forum at all hours, too?! :lurk:

Did the reporter say pajero?? Does the reporter know something more???

NBC "Bwana" drives a Statesman - it was not in his driveway this arvo! Has QPS got it!

I just put myself in Allison's position - what would I do? If there were reports of a row at 10am, ? DV/ GBC bad tempered - reported by people that know him - not fact... I would try to get away from there - but I would go and get my kids, from wherever they were sleeping over first ( ?BC Seniors )

But if she had gone there - BC's neighbours may have seen her/ ? kids spoken out - if they saw her. But it is what I would have done in her shoes.

She studied psychology - I just feel she could read a situation - would it escalate, and might she get hurt? I'ld get out...

I know it's just your theory, but it would explain GBC's family being involved. You could be on to something. If she went there late in the night, the kids would have been asleep and not seen her at all.

So now we all know where Hawkins works. :dramaqueen::slapfight:

Have a guess......I respect the fact that he is well informed. I look forward to Hawkins posts. Your posts are good also. We all seem to guess if comments are job related. At a guess I bet you worked hand in hand with me at one time. :detective:

I'm catching up reading the printable version, and am halfway through. So I apologise if someone has already said what I am about to say.

To AllyG I don't think she was placed where she was found. My theory is that she was carried down the dry creek bed of Little Ugly Creek, which was accessed from Wirrabarra Rd. And she has washed down with the rain. I think that the killer may have thought that without rain the body would decompose down to skeleton before being found. Or with enough rain her body would make it to the Brisbane River, and then out to sea, never to be found.

Driving down roads that don't have any street lighting, you are unable to see what colour a car is either driving in front of you, or coming towards you. But they may have thought that they would be more noticable driving down the back roads because their cars, especially the prado with a century21 sticker on the back of it would be noticed on a back road.

To all those talking about Pathways. Pathways works with a lot of children who are on the Autism Spectrum. What they have is 1 day training workshops that certifies you to introduce and maintain an ongoing FRIENDS program in your school. http://www.pathwayshrc.com.au/for-trainers/about-our-training-workshops/ On Friday the 20th April they had this training program scheduled. http://www.pathwayshrc.com.au/for-kids-4-12/fun-friends/ You don't have to work for Pathways to do a training day.
I didn't say that she was left where she was found. I said that she wasn't buried or wrapped in a blanket, which is the usual MO for people who kill someone close to them.

A question for Neuromancer. You talked about strangulation [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7913621&postcount=649"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7913621&postcount=649[/ame] and having to keep going once the person becomes unconscience. If someone was to stop strangulation when the other person goes unconscience, how long does it take to regain consciencesness? Just putting out the theory that she may have come to, in the car, going around the round-a-bout.

Did the reporter say pajero?? Does the reporter know something more???

Oh, no I'm not sure about what was said by a reporter, I was just responding to a couple of earlier posts above mine that said they'd heard a reporter mention it. It reminded me of when I first noticed someone had mentioned "Pajero" on WS, it could be a coincidence.

A question for Neuromancer. You talked about strangulation http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7913621&postcount=649 and having to keep going once the person becomes unconscience. If someone was to stop strangulation when the other person goes unconscience, how long does it take to regain consciencesness? Just putting out the theory that she may have come to, in the car, going around the round-a-bout.
You could probably find out by googling it

:floorlaugh:
:floorlaugh:
I am going to cook been making everyone eat emergency frozen meals so better do something fresh (but quick) so I can come back LOL

You doing this all wrong - you get your.. hubby/wife? to cook - just like I do.
This thread will be 30 pages long by the time you return :floorlaugh:
I havn't categorised you yet - I say 'girl'.

God help us if they shut the forum down - where will we hang out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa