GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks x x x....court today!! Hopefully the suppression order is lifted and we find out some more info :)
yes about 5hrs to go here,i have the day off work today but unfortunately i live in darwin but if i did live there, i would be there.hope someone local lets us know wat happened,
Fee,

How do you know they took it from the accused at that stage? CR might have closer friends who police took DNA from first, the accused might have given his later on.

Well I was able to work out who her closest friends were by simply reading FB.
If I could do it, then I hope the police could.
The accused is the best friend of CR's b/f and known by all that group to have had (and possibly still be having) a relationship with her.
He was at the Saturday night party, along with the rest of the group.
If the police left him out of the initial DNA tests, then I would say they were extremely incompetent.

Hi Everyone,

I would love to go to the court today, I'm available to go, however would feel really terrible taking my 17 month old to something so sad and hideous and I don't have a babysitter. Hopefully someone will post back.

<modsnip>

Also, I asked my ex cop friend why the media would have to retract all articles etc in regard to the suppression order. here is what he said

"It could be related to any evidence and any court orders. In these cases media cant by law print anything or name people which makes sense as you cant go writing stuff that hasnt been proved yet. I cant think of anything else to be honest. Unless there is a suspect who is under aged??!!!""

Now we all know he isn't under age, so I would think suppression order and media gag order is to "prove" the evidence they have got before they even write about it.

Bring on 3pm. I hope we get more information.

Well I was able to work out who her closest friends were by simply reading FB.
If I could do it, then I hope the police could.
The accused is the best friend of CR's b/f and known by all that group to have had (and possibly still be having) a relationship with her.
He was at the Saturday night party, along with the rest of the group.
If the police left him out of the initial DNA tests, then I would say they were extremely incompetent.

I some what recall that lady whose son in law allegedly drove the accused to the police station mentioning that the police were having trouble getting in contact with the accused. Perhaps that could explain not having a DNA test straight away?

Asha,

I tend to think out loud and type as I'm thinking it. I take medication for my thyroid and I'm on too much of a dosage which leaves me hyper feeling, insomnia so those two things are probably showing through my text too.

I always try to think out of the box, I don't think of the gore part, I actually will close my eyes and say "Your a 20 year old boy, high strung, feeling blah blah blah" what do I do." LOL

I'll try to slow down. I just woke up from a 6 hour nap. It is 7 pm my time.

You know it's got so ridiculous people are just going to start flouting the law. People want to know and we are sick of being treated like infants.

BBM - ITA Mrs Norris. There are special cases that do require supression orders, but it seems to me, the Courts in Aus hand them out like lollies.

I wish the Australian Legal System would take a leaf out of the Sunshine Law.

Hi everyone, haven't been able to keep up lately as my dad is really unwell, but trying to keep tabs. Due to the suppression order I gather there is no real new insight, so rock on 3pm and lets all hope we can find out a lot more info.

BBM - ITA Mrs Norris. There are special cases that do require supression orders, but it seems to me, the Courts in Aus hand them out like lollies.

I wish the Australian Legal System would take a leaf out of the Sunshine Law.

OK we could not believe what happened with Caylee's case over here....like I remember calling my BFF and telling him 'they've released the interviews, this is fricking unbelievable' and he was like 'NO way!'. We were really stunned by that. Now I'm used to getting so much info I no longer see the harm in it.....I love the open justice system in the states, we have a basic right to know what is going on in the courts IMO. And I really worry about what we never find out in Australia, and how many cases just get swept right under the rug and how many perps get ridiculously short sentences because of it.

Hi everyone, haven't been able to keep up lately as my dad is really unwell, but trying to keep tabs. Due to the suppression order I gather there is no real new insight, so rock on 3pm and lets all hope we can find out a lot more info.

Sorry to hear that, hope he gets well soon!

OK we could not believe what happened with Caylee's case over here....like I remember calling my BFF and telling him 'they've released the interviews, this is fricking unbelievable' and he was like 'NO way!'. We were really stunned by that. Now I'm used to getting so much info I no longer see the harm in it.....I love the open justice system in the states, we have a basic right to know what is going on in the courts IMO. And I really worry about what we never find out in Australia, and how many cases just get swept right under the rug and how many perps get ridiculously short sentences because of it.

Couldn't agree with you more Mrs Norris. I think the Judicial System needs to be accountable to the public. Hiding behind supression orders, with threats of Legal Action if the media dares break it, is not a Democracy.

Lera, you sound like me minus the medication. I'm hyperactive and I type 120wpm so god knows what I type sometimes.

Isn't it funny how you picture yourself to retrace a possible crime. I picture myself as a victim (scary and weird but I sorta see it in my mind)...I think things like, they couldn't scream because they were terrified, it was dark they couldn't see him coming, tried to grab their phones etc but in the sheer terror of the event fumbled with them before they had a chance....

I'd love to be a detective or a criminal profiler! I've read so many weird and amazing books about crime and murders and murderers, that if I was ever investigated I would be locked up for life for sure - even without commiting any crime!

I completely agree, however i also appreciate our very strong privacy laws. Just need a balance i think. Whilst i understand that he is presumed innocent, and if for what ever reason his trail gets a not guilty verdict he is tainted for life, the world has changed, we are all in an information age when I in lil' Adelaide can look up some one in South Africa in seconds, but it seems our laws and justice system hasn't kept up at all.

Where once a suppression order did keep stuff suppressed the world is smaller, we are all out there via the net no matter how safety conscious we try to be. Suppressed or not rumours are rife and do more harm, his identity and his families are known. The public just cant understand why he deserves to be hidden.... its a mess. And at this time the rumours and speculation will just cause further angst and retribution

ANy way you look at this case, is is going to be hard to convince a jury that one 18yo kid, no matter how crazy could physically overpower and kill three people in such a gruesome manner!

If the jury is from planet Earth they will easily see that it is physically possible for a fit young man armed with a knife or machete to kill, one at a time, a small 16 year old girl, a small middle-aged woman, and an unarmed man surprised in the middle of the night.

This doesn't make the accused guilty, <modsnip> it is <modsnip> physically possible...

Lera, you sound like me minus the medication. I'm hyperactive and I type 120wpm so god knows what I type sometimes.

Isn't it funny how you picture yourself to retrace a possible crime. I picture myself as a victim (scary and weird but I sorta see it in my mind)...I think things like, they couldn't scream because they were terrified, it was dark they couldn't see him coming, tried to grab their phones etc but in the sheer terror of the event fumbled with them before they had a chance....

I'd love to be a detective or a criminal profiler! I've read so many weird and amazing books about crime and murders and murderers, that if I was ever investigated I would be locked up for life for sure - even without commiting any crime!

Your typing errors are way less than mine. *sticks out tongue* LOL Joking

I have tried to be the victim too but it is very difficult to do for me. Some reason I can block out much of the gore and see it like if it is a number instead of a human being when I do it. Kind of scary huh? I cannot stand the sight of blood though. I would pass out if I saw a lot of it.

I don't know why we have a strong fascination in crime. I think I know but do I really? I know I was a victim when I was young...The first novel I read was "Run Nicky Run" My husband is a retired cop and he doesn't understand why I waist my time on this board.

I don't know, I think it might be that we all have that animal instinct in us but the vast majority doesn't act on that killing instinct whereas some do and I think why some do, what is that tipping point of why we want to know so that we all can guard against tipping, or being a victim the latter being my thought process.

This killer to me acted out what he was thinking but his timing was an impulsive one. This is why I think the crime scene is probably confusing.

i am intrigued by the mind of a killer, think that's why i do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member