GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it would be good if we knew it wasn't on today which leaves some hope. If they sneakily switched it to the morning slot then that sux as everyone was expecting it to be this afternoon. Hopefully somone else was there today and stayed the whole afternoon and heard if it was/wasn't/was going to be discussed but they were running behind time?

Does anyone have a copy of the listing for the Elizabeth Magistrates court today? I've been on the web to have a look but they now have tomorrow's listing on there.

It should be a page or two back. Don't they print the days listings in the Advertiser? If so it would be in todays paper.

They are just making this go away it seems. How there is no mention in the media is amazing.

They are just making this go away it seems. How there is no mention in the media is amazing.

I guess we just have to trust that they know what they are doing, it there is a really good reason it has been hushed, hoping it is because they are making a really good case against the accused.

Rest in Peace Pike River 29 xx

I guess we just have to trust that they know what they are doing, it there is a really good reason it has been hushed, hoping it is because they are making a really good case against the accused.

Rest in Peace Pike River 29 xx

I have spent the last hour reading about reasons that an Australian court may ave for granting a supression order.

Although we have both state and federal laws, the state laws do not vary much (or at all that I can see) regarding the reasons for granting supression orders in criminal cases.

http://www.presscouncil.org.au/pcsite/apcnews/feb97/suppress.html is worth a read.

The acussed is not a minor, so it seems that the reason for continuing supression is to protect the acussed while the prosecutor builds a case against him.

I think that means the case so far mst be considered very weak indeed.

To me it sounds likely the courts / police have asked the media to say little more on this for the time being, to let everything settle. Theres no other explanation why there has been completely nothing in print, radio, television over here for the past 3-4 days

Yes you are right! Unless he was a minor the only other reason in SA they would suppress is the court is not sure that he has a case against him, could also explain why there is still a strong police presence in Kapunda

We dont even know if it was actually discussed in court today so i wouldn't jump to conclusions about it still being suppressed. The case may just have been forwarded to tomorrow? If it was on today a leak will get out somewhere.

We dont even know if it was actually discussed in court today so i wouldn't jump to conclusions about it still being suppressed. The case may just have been forwarded to tomorrow? If it was on today a leak will get out somewhere.

Still though, for the MEDIA to not even mention a postponement or delay or ANYTHING?

i havent been able to find what happened in court today on the internet...does anyone else know??

Found this, it appears to be tomorrows headlines for the Bunyip Newspaper (but it could also relate to last week..). But there are 2 stories of possible interest:

This one:

http://www.bunyippress.com.au/police-news/7915-police-seek-information-on-goods/

Police would like assistance from the public in relation to some goods currently at Cash Converters in Gawler.

This article is not available in full until 6:00 AM on Thursday, November 25.

and this...

http://www.bunyippress.com.au/news/7910-kapunda-man-arrested/

An 18-year-old Kapunda man fronted the Elizabeth Magistrates Court on Wednesday after being arrested and charged for the murder of three members of the Rowe family at Kapunda.

This article is not available in full until 6:00 AM on Thursday, November 25.

I have been doing some reading on Aussie criminals site and i have found some interesting information that may explain the white 4WD.

I can not link to it as the accused persons name is mentioned <modsnip>. I have also removed the accused persons name in this quote and replaced with 'the accused'

Hopefully what ive posted is OK

{mod edit}
{mod edit}
Both quotes by the same person, second was when they made a correction.

My understanding of that is that it appears to me that the accused was dropped off at the house in the white 4WD. Remember none of the reports said specifically that the white 4WD led to the arrest but you could tell by all the media reports that is what they were implying. This is a piece of the puzzle i have been dying to find out. Its well worth it to read the comments made there as there seems to be some locals posting some very interesting information!

{mod edit}
Last wednesday

Hi everyone, I'm new and I am Rachel :) I live in Melbourne and I think I read somewhere that while Adelaide has quite a low murder rate they seem to have a penchant for strange crimes, especially strange murders.

I am a law clerk and a Criminology student and some crimes just grip me.. I have been reading about this on my train ride and on my lunch time at work :p

This suppression order stuff IS strange but I have seen before in AU cases where there is massive press and once it gets to court appearances it goes very very quiet. Frustrating and the speculation is rife!!

Anyway I have no gossip but I found this forum while searching for the name of the Kapundra killer.. (suppression orders kind of make me go crazy for googling/facebooking) I'll try and contribute a bit, I'm rather time poor (work, studies, puppies, planning a wedding LOL) but it's nice to find other morbid-curious people!

PS. Do people ever ask 'why are you reading that!!!(@*' when you are reading a particularly gruesome true crime book.. like you reading it changes the outcome :/

Hi everyone, I'm new and I am Rachel :) I live in Melbourne and I think I read somewhere that while Adelaide has quite a low murder rate they seem to have a penchant for strange crimes, especially strange murders.

I am a law clerk and a Criminology student and some crimes just grip me.. I have been reading about this on my train ride and on my lunch time at work :p

This suppression order stuff IS strange but I have seen before in AU cases where there is massive press and once it gets to court appearances it goes very very quiet. Frustrating and the speculation is rife!!

Anyway I have no gossip but I found this forum while searching for the name of the Kapundra killer.. (suppression orders kind of make me go crazy for googling/facebooking) I'll try and contribute a bit, I'm rather time poor (work, studies, puppies, planning a wedding LOL) but it's nice to find other morbid-curious people!

PS. Do people ever ask 'why are you reading that!!!(@*' when you are reading a particularly gruesome true crime book.. like you reading it changes the outcome :/

Hi Rachel!

I'm from Melbourne too.

My husband thinks I'm weird because I'm into true crime...he thinks it's a bit goulish, I suppose. I tell him I'm interested in how they catch the criminals, not so much the gruesomeness of the actual crime.

Hi Rachel!

I'm from Melbourne too.

My husband thinks I'm weird because I'm into true crime...he thinks it's a bit goulish, I suppose. I tell him I'm interested in how they catch the criminals, not so much the gruesomeness of the actual crime.

Hahaha yeah my fiance is an IT manager.. he humours me sometimes but sometimes he says my book collection alone would get me arrested if I was suspected of a crime.. isn't he funny~

I actually looked into getting married at Old Melbourne Gaol.. the buildings are stunning! But it definitely had a VIBE.. which while I can appreciate, not many others will.

Do you remember the little girl Darcy that was thrown off the west gate bridge in January this year?? remember the days of solid press? Now, who knows what happened? a good example of the press STHU when it's court business time, I think!

It should be a page or two back. Don't they print the days listings in the Advertiser? If so it would be in todays paper.

I have todays paper in hand.

Page 75 LAW COURTS - TODAY'S LISTINGS

Not a cracker!! All that 's listed under Magistrate's Court are civil matters sitting at Vic Square.

I read that earlier today. Eventhough it says it was uploaded on the 24th, it appears to be the story from the first court appearance.

It was supposed to be a video link today.

Oh my goodness, what an anticlimax!

I think you're right.. sounds pretty much like the hearing last week :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members