GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
But wouldn't psychosis and drug use just make things a heck of a lot more volatile?

there has been no rumor of drugs at all. Nobody1 might know if his kids hung around together. Hard to imagine kids in this crowd not drinking at least.

Three related links for those interested in the cognitive, behavioral, motivational similarities and differences in Psychopaths (Hare PCL-R), Antisocial Personality Disorder (DSM-IV-TR 301.7), and Asperger’s Disorder, DSM-IV-TR 299.80 (Autism Spectrum):

Psychopath:
http://www.braceanalysis.com/downloads/BRACE_of_40_pt_Hare_PCL R.pdf

Antisocial Personality Disorder:
http://www.braceanalysis.com/downloads/BRACE_of_DSM_301.7.pdf

Asperger’s Disorder:
http://www.braceanalysis.com/downloads/BRACE_Aspergers_and_Crime.pdf

All my personal opinions
Russell

and even if you are bad at basketball, you still have to run up and down the court for the whole game. he looks wirey but ppl like that can still have a lot of strength

I don't mean to be picking.....I would have thought being able to run up and down a basketball court for a whole game would require stamina not strength as such.

I agree...but surely if someone is psychotic, there are signs.

I wish we had more information!

Not necessarily being psychotic and experiencing psychosis are two different things.
The night of the murders could of very well been the killers 1st episode and he may or may not experience one again.

I don't mean to be picking.....I would have thought being able to run up and down a basketball court for a whole game would require stamina not strength as such.

how many people have claimed he had no strength? and how would they know?

A quiet submissive personality doesn't mean that you are physically weak.

how many people have claimed he had no strength? and how would they know?

A quiet submissive personality doesn't mean that you are physically weak.

Indeed!....size doesn't necessarily match strength .

How many of you are parents that had to restrain a small child for medical attention? They can be darn strong !!

WARNING: We don't sleuth minors. We don't talk about minors unless they have been named by LE or MSM and then only under special circumstances. We don't link to minors' facebooks or copy posts from them.

If you have been discussing a minor and can no longer edit your post, please alert it so a mod can review it.

MINORS ARE ALWAYS OFF LIMITS EXCEPT FOR VERY SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, NONE OF WHICH APPLY HERE. Failure to follow this rule will result in recommendations for time outs.

Thanks!

Salem

{mod edit}

The accused is an apprentice mechanic as he worked at the same establishment as my son in law, who actually drove him to work that day and was contacted by police at work and asked if he could drop him off at the police station on his way home to sign a statement for them because they were having trouble contacting the accused, sil agreed as he had to go past there anyway on his home, and as there had been many in the town that had done and signed statements that week it rose no undue suspicion, especially as he was known to be close friends with CR and her bf DP.

In relation to the above spiel regarding the two men and one female that had some link to the situation that was speculation that a gang from a neighbouring town may have played a part in the murders as there was tension between local teens and this gang after the gang gate crashed a party a few weeks earlier with weapons and some of the local teens were injured in that fray, it was discounted fairly rapidly once police announced that they had determined there was only one person in the house with the victims. More or less it was just local gossip early on the investigation.

correction should read

probably he is a psychopath which is not a mental illnes but a personality disorder and hard if not impossible to diagnose

Actually, there is a psychological testing method for psychpathy that is the most accurate for diagnosing any psychological issues or personality disorders.. Psychopaths are pretty cookie cutter as far as behavior and the way they treat others ect..

I don't believe {mod edit} the alleged suspect is a psychopath.. I think he is a lonely kid who copped a bit of teasing for his intense interest in CR and had other stressors in his life and just snapped.. Sadly it happens. There was a father in AU a few years ago that had allegedly no issues and one day axed his wife and daughter to death.. No reason was given and I'm pretty sure he pled guilty.

My opinion on why he killed the parents is this:
He killed chantelle and was very high on adrenaline.. Parents came home while he was cleaning himself up and he hid in a cupboard.. As the adrenaline starts to wear off the enormity of his crime starts playing on his mind, he panics and his flight/fight instincts kicks in and he kills the parents trying to escape.

In a frenzied attack it would be very easy to get cuts on both arms..you're not thinking straight.. Everything is slippery.. Perhaps someone else cut him or maybe he was self harming?? Just throwing it out there!!

I don't think he intended on killing the parents. It looks like a spree kill! Spree killers usually suicide/suicide by cop. He could have attempted suicide?

Just my 7am ramblings!! Don't mind me!
Back to my 'history of imprisonment' exam study! Yayyy!

I'm not really sure, I think people experiencing psychosis are volatile enough without drugs.

It could be possible his 1st ever time on meth or something else could trigger psychosis.. But it doesn't really fit 1. He was organized enough to flee the scene 2. Friends from country towns tell me that there isn't really a lot of hard drugs around, mostly just weed.

BUT it does explain why he got a lift that night instead of driving!
My head is spinning!

yes - and he says at the last minute he has an alibi

Last minute?
No, he said when he was arrested and charged that he had an alibi.
That is the time you actually need to state your alibi.
There is nothing "last minute" about it - it is normal proceedure.

no you stated it was not him but it looked like his brother

It was my comment that the person in the video "looked like the brother" that started that confusion a few days ago.

At the time I posted that, what I actually meant was that in the video I was looking at, the person was CR's brother.

We established that we were talking about 2 different videos.

There one video that people say is the acussed at the shrine.
There is another video of CR's brother at the shrine.

no you stated it was not him but it looked like his brother

That was me :) Going by the pics available of both him and his brother I thought that person looked more like his brother but even then I was still thinking that, that was probably just footage from when they were reporting about Christopher visiting the shrine. I have seen the video now which I think is much better then the pic and whomever it is definitely seems to be wearing basketball shoes, I had a quick look through the shoes on the AND1 site but didn't find them but I dare say it would be because they are older.

The brother on FB that looks younger is actually older than the accused, is that correct?

and even if you are bad at basketball, you still have to run up and down the court for the whole game. he looks wirey but ppl like that can still have a lot of strength

He's only 18, he's still "wirey" from growth spurts and will start to fill out in his 20s. Is he tall?

All this speculation about drugs, psychosis, an obsessive passion for CR, social problems, lonliness, being ridiculed.....

NONE of those things have been suggested by the people who know him personally.
NONE of these things are borne out by examination of his online messages or the messages of his friends, before or after the crime.

In fact, those who claim to have had contact with him, such as those whose children know him and the person whose son in law worked with him, have all described him in the opposite terms.

He has been described as a sensible kid with a good job, this a good sense of humour, a polite and friendly nature and a nice circle of friends.

I know we are all here trying to mkae sense of crime and trying to understand if and how it is possible that the accused is guilty, but mking stuff up about him that is not based on the known facts about him is not going to help anyone.

SPECULATION - FEEL FREE TO SHOOT DOWN IN FLAMES :)

I was thinking about what I posted above.
The accused has been described as a loyal friend.
CR's b/f was his best friend and had been since they were 12.

WHAT IF....

When he initially heard about the murder, the accused panicked, wondering if the b/f was involved (I'm not saying the b/f was involved, bear with me).

Maybe, in the easliest part of the investigation, the accused didn't tell the entire truth, or perhaps seemed to be holding something back, out of some sort of loyalty to his best friend.

Maybe this lead to some confusion and conflicting stories that led the police to think HE might be guilty?

I am just thinking out lou here- nothing substantial, just a beginning of an idea, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aoajanw