GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing that I thought I should mention as I haven't seen mentioned here. When this website was down yesterday, I was looking at the aussie criminals blog and on that thread where there were a lot of interesting comments <modsnip>. <modsnip> during the night of the arrest, when both her SIL and the accused were being interviewed by the police, the accused made a full confession.

I have just read <modsnip> posts on that site and I quote/copy here, removing the initial - 'giving them a FULL CONFESSION AND STATEMENT <modsnip: no copy/paste>.
<modsnip> also states in an earlier post on the same site that * willing gave a DNA sample - perhaps this is why he needed to come to police station to 'sign a statement', (which related to an earlier visit, along with other young male acquaintances of Chantelle giving statements and DNA swabs).

I have to go get to work, but later I will try to list all comments about his character in one post.

I posted the details previously about the circumstances under which a suppression order can be granted to the prosecution (as it was in this case) under SA law.
I also posted references.
<modsnip>

Now I am totally confused!! Lol

"A FULL CONFESSION" does not sit with the FACTUAL information of suppression orders which include the pro-offering of an alibi!!! You can't confess to 3 murders and then claim an alibi.

Look anyone who is not an immediate family member would not be getting decent updates from the police (and even those would be incomplete), the comment from the family near the end of the tread really says it all IMO.

"A FULL CONFESSION" does not sit with the FACTUAL information of suppression orders which include the pro-offering of an alibi!!! You can't confess to 3 murders and then claim an alibi.

<modsnip> the accused was handcuffed and whisked away. So who witnessed this full confession?

<modsnip>

Perhaps he confessed, then retracted it later and offered an alibi? Who knows but it does seem contradictory on paper unless she has more info to explain this.

ahhh this is an addictive case - i gotta get to work - cyu all later!!!!

Reading this at the moment:
City of Evil. Sean Fewster.

Amazon.com: City of Evil: The Truth About Adelaide's Strange and Violent Underbelly (9780733624827): Sean Fewster: Books

The book discusses a number of cases that played out in Adelaide over the last 10 years or so, and suppression orders were a major feature of every single one. The author discusses Adelaide's over-use of suppression orders also, and the secretive judicial system there.

Thanks for the fantastic book suggestion! I'm going to dload it to iPad tonight :) There should be a thread for books to read! I find going to book shops a bit depressing cause I have all the true crime :( MEANWHILE.. I can't wait for a book about the Kapunda murders!!

I'm thinking about the idea in my head of living in that home since the murders.. I actually think I could cope. I'm a tough chick, it'd be super cheap and it's not like the offender is coming back anytime soon! Haunted for sure!

^ I too hope a top notch writer, or investigative reporter takes this case on and write a book....Adam Shand...for instance.

Are you now a fence sitter Rob?
Fence sitter, I doubt that, maybe a bit slow at times catching up, but I do have a lot going on. Was away all day yesterday and last night and this morning so I have to read up. Ask me question and I will give you an answer though! Talking on answers need to go check comments elsewhere.

My stand has been and still is.The alleged killer is the where he needs to be and there is no other killer out there. I am not surprised the murders do not make sense.Since when did killing anyone make sense

I am not taking what has been claimed by this person or any other person whom claims to have a reliable source as fact so firstly don't take me as stating it as factual because I am not but at the same token I am not going to assume these people are liars either. Meaning I am keeping an open mind about their claims. I am actually a bit surprised that this alleged confession is only mentioned now. I think I recall her mentioning that the police told her SIL that the accused confessed when they were interviewing him.

In regards to the alibi, it could be that he confessed to the murders but claims that the other accusation was consensual and that is what they are trying to determine (if they had consensual sex). I distinctly recall someone (here?) pretty much saying that he alleged he had consensual sex with the victim before the murders. so this could be what the alibi and suppression is about.

Another question I have <modsnip> is whether he was the one that owned the car that the police were looking for? <modsnip>.

Need to edit out that link as it has his name.

Its the rules of this forum, they have already threatened to take down these threads if we keep breaking the rules.

WARNING: I have posted links to the TOS and the Rules several times. This is the last time: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community Please READ THEM!

Also, read the opening post to this thread. It contains special rules for this case.

Many of the rules continue to be broken here. I am going to be recommending Time Outs and if necessary, I will close the thread.

YOU are responsible for knowing the rules and following the TOS.

Do NOT call other posters out! Posters do NOT have to agree with you. That is NOT a rule! Others do NOT have to follow your way of thinking and you may NOT call them out for it. NOR do other posters have to answer your questions! Maybe they don't have an answer for you, or maybe they are not at liberty to post an answer for you. MOVE ON!

Please make yourselves familiar with the rules! Excuses will not prevent Time Outs!

Salem

• Agents must disclose home's history
  • From murders to noisy neighbours
  • Could face $1.1 million fines
REAL estate agents failing to tell prospective home buyers about murders at the premises or unruly neighbours can now be hit with big fines.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/money/proper...rs/story-e6frfmd0-1225893462501#ixzz16biUPQVF

In 2004, two Sydney agents were fined $20,000 after concealing from a buyer the fact that a house had been the scene of a triple murder committed by Sef Gonzales.

Ahhh thanks for that!! Thats what I was after :DD

hello again, one thing i was told recently by a cop was that, the Father had been drinking during the evening, possibly by that time of night in a deep sleep and harder to rouse, hence not hearing the commotion and being found in his bedroom, he apparently was last killed.

Thats a good bit of info and could have been a possibility. Easily would explain how the dad may not have put up a good fight.

hello again, one thing i was told recently by a cop was that, the Father had been drinking during the evening, possibly by that time of night in a deep sleep and harder to rouse, hence not hearing the commotion and being found in his bedroom, he apparently was last killed.

Asking all sleuths.....
So putting the rumours together...... CR was found in her bedroom, RR was found in the kitchen and AR was found in his bedroom???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quioxte221